Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > DiamondBack Seatbelts????

DiamondBack Seatbelts????

bonshuta

Posted:
3/29/14 at
12:17:03 PM

It had been reported to me by several people that DiamondBack MAY be sealtbelts this year. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any truth to this, and if so why?

Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by leroyk at 3/29/14 6:30:49 PM
Interesting thought. I always wondered why Diamond Back, Apollo's Chariot, etc did not have the seat belt "Plan B/C" option.
Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by MABrider MABrider Profile at 3/29/14 9:42:56 PM
leroyk said:

Interesting thought. I always wondered why Diamond Back, Apollo's Chariot, etc did not have the seat belt "Plan B/C" option.
It's because a seat belt is not necessary on those sit downs due to the way those pedestal seats lean back.
When seated with those B&M restraints in their proper place a person cannot fall out.
Mike B.
Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by bonshuta at 4/26/14 6:34:38 AM
As of 4-25-14 DiamondBack now has seatbelts!
Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/26/14 7:58:49 AM
bonshuta said:

As of 4-25-14 DiamondBack now has seatbelts!

Yikes! We were there just last Sunday (Easter) and rode DB... no seatbelts at that time. In fact, we had a GREAT ride... and a great day there altogether.

Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 4/26/14 11:02:38 AM
I can't believe the B&M Hypers are getting seatbelts!!! This is so lame!! I hope this does not take away from the ride experience. I know already the loading times are going to be longer. Sad day in roller coaster history!!!
Dion
Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by d-lo775 d-lo775 Profile at 4/26/14 2:16:25 PM
The ride experience didn't seem to lose a whole lot. The waiting in line has increased greatly. A line that would typically take 10 minutes this morning took around 25 minutes instead. In my 25 minutes in line, every single train stacked.

Whatever time you gain in Banshee line this season because of the no lose article rule. You are sure to lose in DiamondStack line due to the seatbelts.

Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by drachen drachen Profile at 4/26/14 9:49:58 PM
d-lo775 said:

The ride experience didn't seem to lose a whole lot. The waiting in line has increased greatly. A line that would typically take 10 minutes this morning took around 25 minutes instead. In my 25 minutes in line, every single train stacked.

Whatever time you gain in Banshee line this season because of the no lose article rule. You are sure to lose in DiamondStack line due to the seatbelts.

We can only hope the crew gets better as the season moves on...

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/26/14 11:17:52 PM
drachen said:
We can only hope the crew gets better as the season moves on...

When we were there last Sunday, the Beast was the slowest line of everything we rode. Though all three trains were running, there was usually one in the station loading and two stacked on the brake run. I believe KI had their seasoned ops working the newer coasters (DB and Banshee, which were short waits) and the new hire crews working on the woodies.

Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 4/26/14 11:42:52 PM
Last August we were at Kings Island and witnessed a restraint failure on Racer. The lap bar pulled completely loose from the housing. A kid came back into the station holding the whole restraint system up in the air. The incident wasn't made public. In fact I believe I was the only one who took photos of it. At that point I thought, what a disaster this would be if this failure occurred on Diamondback. Now my kids and I still rode Diamondback again that day, Goliath at SF Over Georgia 2 days later, and Intimadator at Carowinds the day after that. Maybe this is a precaution from that incident. I know loading times will be longer, but I really don't have a problem with the extra restraint. Anything a park can do to make a safer is always a good thing IMO.
Re: DiamondBack Seatbelts???? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/27/14 9:23:53 AM
frontrow said:
... I really don't have a problem with the extra restraint. Anything a park can do to make a safer is always a good thing IMO.

On that I have to agree with you. With age comes wisdom, and as you witness more you realize just how much could potentially happen.