Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags Membership passes in default?

Six Flags Membership passes in default?

DCardinali

Posted:
3/28/14 at
3:27:33 PM

Hi!

I have a question. Has anyone had a membership pass that went into default?

I lost my job in October and had to stop payment from coming out of my paypal account until I found a new job. I figured once I did I was just pay what i missed and continue payment, but they cancelled my account in January.

I got the option to appeal it and submit a form explaining etc. So I sent them everything they asked for and explained that I had to stop payment until I found a job and finally did, and that I wanted to continue. It said it would take three weeks to process. Well... It is now the end of March 2014 and I haven't heard ANYTHING.

I just got NEW membership passes for this year and it went through. Does anyone know if the past one will effect me somehow? It didn't mention anything about our past cards, or balance.

I love the membership passes. They are so worth it and wish I never stopped payment.

~ Dee

Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by antikythera antikythera Profile at 3/29/14 6:29:55 PM
It's probably not on the top of their priority list. I can assume that because they make millions off of all the other membership plans and season passes bought in full, they probably wont' reply to you in a timely manner.

That isn't to say you shouldn't contact them to make sure your situation is okay, since you don't want them to report you to a credit bureau. You still, in essence, are signing into a new contract that you "defaulted" on once and, if I recall, it was written in fine print that they can report you for nonpayment.

Again, I would just call and keep pushing them since it may have fallen through the cracks.

* This post was modified at 3/29/14 6:34:46 PM *

Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by Lejon123 at 4/11/14 4:03:06 PM
Hi. My ? Is for the member who lost member due to her lost of income. I had the same situation and now trying to get my member back and no one return calls or email. But u said u now have new memberships even though u stil have the ones in default so how did u manage to open up a new account ,that would be so helpful to me .. Thank u
Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by DCardinali at 4/11/14 7:02:24 PM
Lejon123 said:

Hi. My ? Is for the member who lost member due to her lost of income. I had the same situation and now trying to get my member back and no one return calls or email. But u said u now have new memberships even though u stil have the ones in default so how did u manage to open up a new account ,that would be so helpful to me .. Thank u

Hello,

I just signed up again under a different email address and different debit card and it went through. I printed our tickets and will be visiting the park on the 14th. Not sure if when I get there it's a different story. :-/ we'll see lol! They took payment out and everything for the month.

Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by Lejon123 at 4/11/14 9:49:26 PM
Thx again for the reply. One more ? So did u use the same name as before that u have on ur previous passes. I no u use different card and email. Because u have to
Go get the membership card and take the picture also plz let me no how it goes the 14th. I wish u the best. They so quick to take ur money. But when a problem occurs there's no one to talk to they just have leave message and no one returns calls. So just let me no about the names if u change them or left them as before. I'm comin from ct. To go there in may. I really appreciate ur time ...,
Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by DCardinali at 4/11/14 10:18:38 PM
Lejon123 said:

Thx again for the reply. One more ? So did u use the same name as before that u have on ur previous passes. I no u use different card and email. Because u have to
Go get the membership card and take the picture also plz let me no how it goes the 14th. I wish u the best. They so quick to take ur money. But when a problem occurs there's no one to talk to they just have leave message and no one returns calls. So just let me no about the names if u change them or left them as before. I'm comin from ct. To go there in may. I really appreciate ur time ...,

I used the same names. Only thing changed was our email address & debit card. I will definitely let you know!

Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by Lejon123 at 4/17/14 11:16:25 AM
Hi. Just following up to see how it went when u went to six flags , also wat state do u visit for six flags.
Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by DCardinali at 4/17/14 11:22:53 AM
Lejon123 said:

Hi. Just following up to see how it went when u went to six flags , also wat state do u visit for six flags.

We got our passes!!! But they changed everything! Now when you go pick up your passes you have to put the printed paper with your barcode into a scanning machine, then you put your finger into the machine and it scans your finger print. Once your finger print is scanned they hand you this really cheap plastic card with a new barcode and they write your name on back. That's your new season pass. No more photos, and no more coupon books. You now have all the coupons on your card. You have register your card at sixflags.com/passes to activate your coupons. And for the parking you have to go to guest relations with the barcode and they add the parking to your pass. It was ridiculous! Long lines all over! We left after only 4 hours because it was insane! But we got our passes :)

Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by Lejon123 at 4/17/14 11:26:40 AM
Ok. Yes that's the part I don't miss those long lines!So did u come to mass. Six flags?
Re: Six Flags Membership passes in default? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 4/23/14 9:34:35 AM
I was in a similar situation having lost my job in November, defaulted, and paid it off when I got my tax return from last year.

But the weird thing is I just got a call from a collection agency about an hour ago. I told them I paid it off and they said I didn't so I'm going have to waste my time getting this all cleaned up.

I purchased a (1) SF Season Passes online a few years ago, printed out the paperwork, the pass, the receipt, etc. Turns out the website charged me about $80 more than my receipt was.

I tried many times to rectify with the park leaving messages with different managers and even the Park President ignored my calls.

I googled "Six Flags Vice President of Guest Relations", found his email, sent him a message explaining the error. He responded right away, apologized, but could not refund the additional funds because (at the time at least) their payment processing was being handled by a third party.

My bank refused the chargeback on my part because when the website pulled the funds from my card, it was one transaction. Even though I had a physical receipt with the correct charge, the bank sided with SF.

I received $80 in park food vouchers from SFHQ, a formal letter of apology and a park map for my home park.

I was SO P.O.'ed.

I've only reached out to management at this particular SF park on this erroneous charge. I am not looking forward to the journey ahead in this new financial issue with the SF chain.

Joe
Great_Ump