Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Visit to the 2014 IX Indoor Amusement Park (03/21/2014)

Visit to the 2014 IX Indoor Amusement Park (03/21/2014)

ray_p ray_p Profile

Posted:
3/23/14 at
9:12:18 AM

It's the 25th Anniversary season for Cleveland's IX Indoor Amusement Park, which means real amusement park thrills aren't too far off for us Northeast Ohio folks!

"New" rides this year were an ARM Frenzy, a Tivoli Remix, a Wisdom Himalaya, an ARM 1001 Nachts, a different ARM Quasar than usual (and what appeared to be the ride that is headed to Del Grosso's this summer), and an Owen Trailers Haunted Mansion, which was a $2 upcharge.

Old favorites included the Chance Zipper, KMG Freak Out, Wisdom Starship 2000 and the Reverchon White Water flume. Unfortunately, the Crazy Mouse did not make an appearance this year, leaving the Wisdom Orient Express and Wisdom Dragon Wagon as the lone coasters at the event.

Here's my video of the event for anyone interested.

Enjoy!

Re: Visit to the 2014 IX Indoor Amusement Park (03/21/2014) by drachen drachen Profile at 3/23/14 10:43:32 PM
ray_p said:

Here's my video of the event for anyone interested.

Of course we're interested! I love these videos.

I'm sure I've asked you this before, but I can't remember... Do they ever turn the house lights down to give people a 'night' experience? With all of those lights, I bet it looks great when it's dark...

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Visit to the 2014 IX Indoor Amusement Park (03/21/2014) by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 3/24/14 4:53:54 PM
Thanks for the TR Ray. It seems weird that ARM named that flat Music Express. Especially with the Bertazzon & Moser familiar covered Music Expresses (like the Wisdom Himalaya there) that's been round for a very long time. I guess that it's all just a crap shoot concerning many 'official' flatride names. :)

* This post was modified at 3/24/14 5:03:22 PM *

Re: Visit to the 2014 IX Indoor Amusement Park (03/21/2014) by ray_p ray_p Profile at 3/24/14 7:06:16 PM
Drachen, as far as I know the lights stay on all the time. I agree, it probably would look pretty cool in there if it was darkened. And now that many of the rides have LED lighting, they look even better.

And Overbanked, I totally agree. A Quasar is NOT a Music Express. Funny thing was that it didn't even have a sound system hooked up. The Freak Out next door had the tunes...which kind of makes the whole Music theme kind of lame. I will say that the ride did look nice though, and if that is indeed the DelGrosso's ride, it'll be a nice addition for them.

Thanks for watching!

Re: Visit to the 2014 IX Indoor Amusement Park (03/21/2014) by bonshuta at 3/29/14 12:08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure G-Force is considered a rollercoaster