Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Ground Broken On New Thunderbolt at Coney

Ground Broken On New Thunderbolt at Coney

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
3/11/14 at
3:09:03 PM

May 22nd? Pretty ambitious, especially if we get hit with some more bad weather.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/construction-starts-new-thunderbolt-coaster-coney-island-article-1.1717286

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Ground Broken On New Thunderbolt at Coney by drachen drachen Profile at 3/12/14 6:55:21 PM
Great to hear (finally). Any word on the opening date? That's what I want to know...
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Ground Broken On New Thunderbolt at Coney by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/12/14 8:13:30 PM
drachen said:

Great to hear (finally). Any word on the opening date? That's what I want to know...

May 22, as I mentioned above. Maybe I didn't make it clear that was the projected opening date.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Ground Broken On New Thunderbolt at Coney by drachen drachen Profile at 3/12/14 10:40:18 PM
I don't know why that didn't register... I guess I just clicked the link. Hope things stay on schedule. I find this to be an intriguing ride.
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur