Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April

SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
3/5/14 at
6:16:48 PM

Does anyone know if this week is a good week to go? I would go from Tuesday to Friday that week, 15-18th. Anyone been there this week? All the rides usually running? I need to make a decision very soon, vacation picks and airfare is dirt cheap for some reason.. thank you for any help.

Re: SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April by alpengeistno3 at 3/5/14 11:28:52 PM
Spring Break week is a great time to go crowd-wise, but I know from experience that any kind of adverse weather will cause the park to close. You may want to check the long range forecast before you book anything.

I'm sure Drop of Doom is not going to be complete and as a result, Kingda Ka is most likely not going to be operational as a result. Any other rides that are closed could be because of staffing/operational issues. You may want to weigh that if this is the only time you are coming for several years.

Paul

Re: SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April by NotSo NotSo Profile at 3/6/14 7:45:13 PM
Thanks Paul. I did not even know that Ka is down because of the new ride. I found a flight from Clev to Newark for $158 and was ready to go. But after some research it appears there are no hotels next to the park, wtf? And I cant find a rental car for under $400.
I'll get to try El Toro one of these days, maybe i'll go next year anyways, new coaster?
Re: SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 3/11/14 4:55:15 PM
Yeah, now that I think about it...there aren't any hotels within earshot of the park. It's kind of the ONLY thing there though, so I guess that's why. A hotel franchise should get on that though. Imagine just one hotel being nearby somehow, they'd be full every weekend no doubt. Thena again, they'd be empty for the whole winter too!
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/11/14 6:06:11 PM
mugen828 said:

Yeah, now that I think about it...there aren't any hotels within earshot of the park. It's kind of the ONLY thing there though, so I guess that's why. A hotel franchise should get on that though. Imagine just one hotel being nearby somehow, they'd be full every weekend no doubt. Thena again, they'd be empty for the whole winter too!

Not if it was a hotel with an indoor waterpark!

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April by alpengeistno3 at 3/11/14 7:53:06 PM
Now, who would want to build a waterpark in the- middle-of-nowhere New Jersey next to the largest waterpark in the area that happens to offering it for free with their gold passes?

Hmmm....

Paul

Re: SixFlags Great Adv - 3rd week of April by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 3/11/14 8:08:31 PM
Referring to the "empty all winter" part of the previous post.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...