Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Cheetah Hunt Strands Riders

Cheetah Hunt Strands Riders

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
2/12/14 at
6:32:49 PM

Saw this on TV earlier today with the addl comment "as the storm approaches", though fortunately, the storm is not affecting central Florida.

Coaster Strands Riders at Busch Gardens in Tampa
TAMPA, Fla. February 13, 2014 (AP) Associated Press

A roller coaster at Busch Gardens in Tampa has stopped functioning, leaving 16 riders stranded.

Park spokesman Travis Claytor says the Cheetah Hunt coaster leaving the station just after 2:30 p.m. Wednesday got stuck on the first embankment, before it got to the main launch track and first major hill. Maintenance workers initially tried to nudge the coaster back into the station. When that didn't work, park officials called Tampa Fire Rescue.

As of 5 p.m., Claytor says firefighters and park maintenance workers were trying to free the riders.

No injuries have been reported.

Re: Cheetah Hunt Strands Riders by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 2/12/14 9:41:08 PM
Now that's what I call an exhausted cheetah on an unsuccessful hunt!!

* This post was modified at 2/13/14 12:06:42 AM *

Re: Cheetah Hunt Strands Riders by alpengeistno3 at 2/13/14 12:47:50 AM
Looks like the Cheetah could even get out of the starting gate. Isn't that the hill immediately after the 1st launch?

Paul

Re: Cheetah Hunt Strands Riders by RobLec RobLec Profile at 2/13/14 2:58:01 PM
alpengeistno3 said:
Isn't that the hill immediately after the 1st launch?

We've never actually been on it. Our last trip to BGT was I think 2012. The line was too long and the weather too hot... in other words, I was just too lazy!