Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Intamin Partnering with Theme Park Studio to Showcase Rides

Intamin Partnering with Theme Park Studio to Showcase Rides

antikythera antikythera Profile

Posted:
1/26/14 at
11:54:23 AM

I'm a huge gamer and simulation type of guy. I've been following this game since it was on Kickstarter last May, opting to fund the project. These developers are creating the next generation of RCT, aimed at those who have been waiting nearly ten years for a sequel, aside from the already great NL2 Simulator that was released a couple weeks ago.

One of the announcements that caught my eye was this line:

"We are also creating a professional version and are honored to announce that the 'Theme Park Studio Professional Edition' is scheduled for use in 2014 by Intamin Amusement Rides to showcase their newest coaster designs."

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.791976427483535.1073741831.548632121817968&type=1

I know that many companies already use NL or other products to showcase their designs, but this game is gearing up to be something big since it just got support from Valve to be hosted on Steam in addition to the aforementioned announcement.

I'm interested to see if Intamin takes into account some of the designs the GP comes up with to incorporate into their grand schemes of coaster design. The developers of TPS already allowed higher tiered backers to come up with their own designs (both coasters and flats) to be implemented into the game, so it's not far fetched to think that Intamin might want capitalize on these coaster designs and bring them to realization.

Anyways, once I get my beta key, I'll let you know how it runs and plays.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254590
http://www.themeparkstudio.com

Re: Intamin Partnering with Theme Park Studio to Showcase Rides by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/27/14 1:04:36 PM
Hopefully Theme Park Studio will do well, and I'll be a great game to play. I which that there was more coaster types on TPS though. NL2 kinda has a limited coaster selection as well IMO, but the smoothness of track, and graphics are amazing.

I understand that NoLimits games are strictly coaster simulation; Having played RCT3 for so long, I'm just so spoiled with all of those options, not to mention the custom scenery options.

I know that I'm crazy, as this will never happen, but my dream theme park game would have the realism of NL2 (bolts, worn supports, very smooth aligned track, safety gates etc) along with the many options of RCT3 (many coaster types, many flatride types, water rides, custom scenery options etc) :)

Re: Intamin Partnering with Theme Park Studio to Showcase Rides by antikythera antikythera Profile at 1/27/14 2:49:02 PM
I hear you Overbanked.

From the screens I've seen, they've done a pretty faithful job at recreating the look and feel of each coaster that is implemented into the game. NL2 might have it one upped but the models look pretty damn realistic by themselves. In-game, they look a bit more CGI like but this may be due to resolutions used when exporting images.

One of the things that TPS has built into the core program is the ability to do custom lighting, scenery, etc. They are claiming you have the ability to incorporate anything you want, as long as you can imagine it in a illustration program. Similar to RCT3, but built with the developer in mind which means the community should take this program to it's extreme in creating realistic recreations of existing parks. I funded the platinum version for this reason so I can have a full featured simulation program without limitations. I really think this will be what we have wanted for a long time, as long as the UI works well and the developers keep promoting new updates (which is seems like they are fully invested).

* This post was modified at 1/27/14 2:51:05 PM *

Re: Intamin Partnering with Theme Park Studio to Showcase Rides by alpengeistno3 at 1/27/14 10:35:20 PM
antikythera said:

One of the announcements that caught my eye was this line:

"We are also creating a professional version and are honored to announce that the 'Theme Park Studio Professional Edition' is scheduled for use in 2014 by Intamin Amusement Rides to showcase their newest coaster designs."

Well, I guess that means there won't be any type of G-force indicators or structural limits testing in the designs. We "know" Intamin doesn't use those! :)

Paul

Re: Intamin Partnering with Theme Park Studio to Showcase Rides by JMiller at 2/3/14 9:22:48 PM
Don't forget that in RCT you can kill people...
Re: Intamin Partnering with Theme Park Studio to Showcase Rides by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 2/5/14 4:50:44 PM
I am super stoked for this game and wish it the best. Also, I'm all for better simulation for parks to create better experiences for us in real life as well!
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv