Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > WDW/Universal Nov 2013

WDW/Universal Nov 2013

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
11/23/13 at
5:33:03 AM

Here is my top 10 list from our Orlando vacation last week at the theme parks:

10. Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, at Animal Kingdom - they had a KingKong sized gorilla that i'm 99% sure if he wanted to, he could escape.
9. Star Tours, at Hollywood Studios - flying around in the Star Wars Universe.
8. the Monorail to the Magic Kingdom - por favor montagese alajado des las puertas (please stand clear of the doors)
7. Space Mountain, at Magic Kingdom - old time favorite, classic, must do ride.
6. Kilimanjaro Safaris, at Animal Kingdom - our safari vehicle had to stop because 3 huge White Rhinos were in the road, then 2 of them started headbutting each other, awesome!
5. Our rental car was a 2014 Toyota 4-Runner, - i want one.
4. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, at Universal Studios - everybody loves Gru and the Minions
3. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, at Islands of Adventure - i have never seen any of the movies, didn't matter. no way to explain this ride you just have to do it.
2. We rented a brand new house that was 6 miles from the entrance to WDW. Screened in heated pool, 2 master bedrooms, marble floors.. did not want to leave.
1. Transformers The Ride 3D, at Universal Studios - Optimus Prime and the Autobots vs Megatron and the Decepticons, and you are right in the middle of it. One of the best rides i have ever been on. Unbelievable.

Thats it, and thanks to Amy, Nick, and my mom for putting up with me, because i had us out the door every morning by 8:15am to be among the first people at the parks..

Re: WDW/Universal Nov 2013 by RobLec RobLec Profile at 11/23/13 8:46:15 AM
NotSo said:

Here is my top 10 list from our Orlando vacation last week at the theme parks:

COOL! We'll be there next week, for the first two weeks of December!

9. Star Tours - always been one of our favorites!

7. Space Mountain - long story on that one. Finally got to ride it in 2011 after two decades of near misses.

5. Our rental car ... I bought my last car after renting the same model for my first HWN.

4. Despicable Me - never seen the movie(s), but will check it out!

3. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey - the queue alone is as amazing as the ride IMO.

2. Rented a brand new house that was 6 miles from the entrance to WDW... Nice digs! We can see the Epcot fireworks from our timeshare.

1. Transformers The Ride 3D... We are really looking forward to this one!

Thanks for the report! Glad you thoroughly enjoyed it. Those memories will last a lifetime!

Re: WDW/Universal Nov 2013 by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 11/23/13 12:18:43 PM
6 That's cool. in BGT there were some 'deer' type animals that were standing in front of the train tunnel, but for your case seeing the rhinos in action is better
4 didn't get to go on despicable me yet, line was like 100min (but I'm sure you bought the express pass, so it wouldn't matter for you). loved the movie and so happy it replaced that crap jimmy neutron. rode the ride as neutron and hated it.
3 HP is a great ride. I never read any of the books or saw any of the movies, but loved the ride. Still not a fan of them retheming the dragons though. a shame they tore down the original entrance with the dragons at the front and the frozen knights in the waiting line.
1 surprised you liked it that much with spiderman being next door. The ride is still worth it, but given spiderman has been there for longer, i kinda agree with others that it seems pointless to have a similar ride next door. That said, i can't wait for them to finish the harry potter expansion next year. that new coaster seems like it's gonna be fun.
Re: WDW/Universal Nov 2013 by NotSo NotSo Profile at 11/24/13 1:28:11 AM
20 minutes was the longest we waited for anything, except Minion Mayhem which was about 40. I'd have been ticked if i bought the ExpressLane, did not need it at all.
And in Disney we only used FastPass twice. Veterans Day was nuts, so we didn't do a lot that day, but the rest of the week was gravy..

Good Luck Roblec, have a nice trip. The 1st 2 weeks of Dec is a great time to be there.

* This post was modified at 11/24/13 1:31:40 AM *

Re: WDW/Universal Nov 2013 by NotSo NotSo Profile at 11/24/13 1:35:39 AM
Spiderman is awesome. It's cool to have a couple rides like that to choose from. Transformers, i grew up with G1 so for me that ride topped everything. It was the 1st ride of the whole trip, and just couldn't stop talking about it all week. We rode it 6 times i think.
Harry Potter was a big surprise, very well done.
Re: WDW/Universal Nov 2013 by RobLec RobLec Profile at 11/24/13 8:20:57 AM
NotSo said:

20 minutes was the longest we waited for anything... Good Luck Roblec, have a nice trip. The 1st 2 weeks of Dec is a great time to be there.

Thanks! We've been there twice before in November and the lines have always been minimal. Somewhere in my collection of photos is a picture of the electronic sign at IOA with the wait times, all were 5 minutes.

This year will be our first time going in December, as it worked out better with our sons being home for the holidays. I've heard the typical temperature is about 5 degrees cooler than Nov, but if it's what we've experienced there before, there are some cold days and some warm days.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Re: WDW/Universal Nov 2013 by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 11/24/13 5:12:48 PM
NotSo said:

Spiderman is awesome. It's cool to have a couple rides like that to choose from. Transformers, i grew up with G1 so for me that ride topped everything. It was the 1st ride of the whole trip, and just couldn't stop talking about it all week. We rode it 6 times i think.
Harry Potter was a big surprise, very well done.

Oh ok. I mean i still liked the transformers ride, but i guess it seems like spoiling by having two similar rides so close together. I liked g1 too, but didn't really like the bay interpretation on the characters. Prime and bee were the only two i liked, the others were miss especially starscream.

Yes, hp was very fun. As a single rider, i don't wait as long. i will try to stick around on the regular line to tour the castle.

* This post was modified at 11/24/13 5:15:17 PM *

Re: WDW/Universal Nov 2013 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 11/26/13 10:35:36 AM
nooooooooo!!! Now I want to go...haha. Nice little report!

Loved #10 haha.

Also, wow. I went to WDW and Universal/IOA in 2010? and you mentioned 3 rides that didn't exist (or weren't open) at the time I was there!! That's amazing considering the quality of those rides.

Thanks for getting me stoked on a future visit!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv