Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro

Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro

Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile

Posted:
11/19/13 at
9:08:53 PM

As some of you may have noticed the site was down for much of the past 24-hours for a server upgrade.

All of the servers UltimateRollercoaster has been hosted on have been named after different roller coasters. For the past year the site has been hosted on Raptor. Previously, the site has been on Vortex, Ninja and others, but as of now UltimateRollercoaster and the companion site UltimateWaterpark are now running on Nitro.

Everything should be in working order, but should you experience a bug please help me out by reporting it in this thread. Your help with reporting problems are greatly appreciated.

This was a big upgrade, so hopefully, you'll notice a performance improvement as well.

Eric

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/20/13 7:09:54 AM
I like Nitro better anyway....
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 11/20/13 9:50:41 AM
haha YES!!! Best host name yet! :p
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/20/13 11:17:46 AM
Eric, when I replied to mugen on the ValleyFair thread, it didn't move to the top like a topic normally does when there's a new posting in it.
Re: Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 11/20/13 11:40:47 AM
Maybe, because my post about the new server is more important. ;-)

(This post is sticky)

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/20/13 11:46:02 AM
Eric_Gieszl said:

Maybe, because my post about the new server is more important. ;-)

(This post is sticky)

Ah. I see what you did there.

Re: Site Downtime: Retiring Raptor, Moving To Nitro by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 12/21/13 5:38:01 PM
beastmaster said:

I like Nitro better anyway....

Nitro is pretty good, but Behemoth, Intimidator, and Goliath @SFOG are even better.