Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013

rollercoastersfreak rollercoastersfreak Profile

Posted:
11/16/13 at
8:18:08 PM

So here is my trip report to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. We arrived at the gate at about 11:00. It was a kind of funny actually. Since I've been in Japan this year I didn't have a season pass to Six Flags this year like usual. It was strange really first season since 2007. So my brother was also going and also didn't have a season pass. I actually went with my whole family. So my sister got me and my brother a season pass from her friends to get us in. I was originally planing on paying but they had it so you know. So at the gate I handed one of the season passes to the lady working at the gate. She looked at the picture and then looked at me. It was a teenage girls pass. Then she looked at the pass again and gave a weird look. She kept looking back and forth for couple minutes before finally saying go ahead. I think that she just didn't care. It was funnier if you were there.
So I have never been here before and actually was my first time in Texas. So I didn't exactly know the layout of the park really. We went in the main gate and first went to ride Boomerang:Coast to Coaster. It was my first boomerang and really I wasn't impressed. It was just too boring. It was alright but nothing special. I waited for about a half hour for it.
Next we we and rode Iron Rattler. Definitely best ride in the park. Me and my dad rode in the very back. And it really wasn't a longer wait for any seat. They do like some parks do and not let any rows line get backed up except you get to pick your seat still. they have a separate line for the front and back but the front maybe had two waits and the back had none. My brother and sister rode in the front and my other sister rode in the middle. The lift hill is very cool. When it gets to the top it slows down to a stop and lets gravity take over. In the back once the air time starts going down the 81 degree, 181 foot drop, your not really in your seat until the brake run. The very overbanked turns are phenomenal and there are so many of them. You get air time in those even. Then the zero g roll. It was easily the smoothest inversion I've experienced. Then you have an air time hill and 3 more overbanked turns, one of which was the Outerbanked turn that Outlaw Run has. After that is the best air time hill of the ride and almost as good as the second air time hill on El Toro. It then goes down into a ravine and through the cliff face into a tunnel. In ther tunnel it has a banked turn that goes straight out and into the brake run. Me and my dad loved it in the back. My sister in the middle thought it was a lot of fun and my brother and sister in the front weren't impressed. I'm not sure if it was just because they were in the front or if it was because of another reason. They all still thought it was the best in the park. I was a little confused though. We waited for about an hour and when we got to the station found it that they were ony running one train. The wait time could have drastically been decreased if they were running it's second train. I would give it 5 out of 5.
Next we go on Superman: Krypton Coaster. Now my dad, brother and one of my sister's have been here before. So they had already ridden it. But my other sister had never been on a floorless before. We get the front row. It was really good but I can't really decide if it was better than Bizarro at SFGAdv. I loved Bizarro for the pure fact it was so smooth and the special effects. But Superman seemed to be a lot rougher than Bizarro is. But I did really enjoy the layout and found it better than Bizarro. I just wish it could have been as smooth also. I would give the layout 4.5 out of 5 but the ride experience a 3.5 out of 5.
So next we went on the Twister. Just a flat ride. Don't really know how to describe it. But it is one that flips you a few times. It is the same on they have at SFGAdv near Superman and Green Lantern.
Next we went to Poltergeist. It was a walk on. Me and my sister had the front. I was very happy that it had the lap bars but it was still very rough. I've heard it was really rough when it had the shoulder restraints and they put the lap bars in to make it less rough. But it was still very rough and ruined the ride for me. I wasn't very impressed. I give it a 2.5 out of 5.
We couldn't stay all day because my mom wanted us to meet her at a mall down the road. So we went and rode Roadrunner Express just to for my coaster count. I wanted to ride Iron Rattler again but my family didn't feel like waiting an hour again. I wanted to but they didn't so I only could get one ride on it. Roadrunner Express was pretty good for a family coaster. It was pretty smooth and in a good location. I give it a 3.5 out of 5.
So overall it wasn't a bad park. Could it have been better? Yes. But for it's size it wasn't bad. It was themed very well and was very impressed with that aspect. The coasters were a little outdated besides Superman and Iron Rattler. But what else would you expect from a lower tier Six Flags park that doesn't have a whole lot of room for expansion. we decided to opt out of riding Goliath since they have the exact same ride at almost every Six Flags park and I've ridden it at three other parks. We also chose to skip Pandemonium since the same ride is at SFStL and really isn't the greatest in the first place. I would ride selection 2 out of 5. I would give employees a 2 out of 5. Cleanliness would get a 5 out of 5. And scenery would get a 4 out of 5. I probably won't be coming out of my way to come back here any time soon but if I am in San Antonio and have a season pass to Six Flags then I might return.
So in a couple weeks I might be going to Nagashima Spa Land in Nagano Japan. It is home to Steel Dragon, the world's longest roller coaster. And from what I've heard it has a lot of air time. Especially since it received B&M trains this season.

Brandon Carlson

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 11/17/13 1:32:13 AM
Great TR Brandon. I'm glad you got to come back to the states are spend some quality time with your family. I've been to Six Flags Fiesta Texas, but it's been long ago. Back then Superman was the best coaster there. I also thought the theming was really well done. Enjoy the rest of your time home. If it wasn't for men and women like you, none of us would have the freedom to enjoy this hobby. Thank you for your service to our country. Hope you enjoy Steel Dragon.
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 11/17/13 10:12:21 AM
I was surprised to hear that you thought Poltergeist was rough. I really enjoyed that coaster. That was 2nd to Iron Rattler as my favorites. I do agree with you about Superman. That was way too rough for my liking. Great layout but I think that is one of the most overrated floorless coasters.
Dion
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 11/19/13 9:25:20 PM
I'm surprised that you found Superman rough, especially the front-row of Superman. Poltergeist can be a little jarring at times in the back half of the train, but I think it has more to do with the position in which you're seated.

I visited went to Fiesta Texas on Sunday and was specifically noticing how smooth Superman is. It's one of, if not the best B&M floorless coasters in the world. I think it blows Medusa at Great Adventure away. The climb up top of the quarry walls makes this ride very unique. The other B&M floorless coaster that I think is outstanding is Dominator at Kings Dominion (Geauga Lake). It's got a very unique layout.

Iron Rattler is only running one train right now because they are swapping out the summer wheels for the winter ones. On Sunday, thanks to the 90-degree afternoon temperature, it was flying with incredible air-time throughout the ride. Even the bunny hop after the barrel roll was throwing you out of your seat.

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 11/20/13 11:40:51 AM
rollercoastersfreak said:

... So at the gate I handed one of the season passes to the lady working at the gate. She looked at the picture and then looked at me. It was a teenage girls pass. Then she looked at the pass again and gave a weird look. She kept looking back and forth for couple minutes before finally saying go ahead. I think that she just didn't care.

Brandon Carlson

Am I the only one that has a problem with this? This is stealing.

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 11/20/13 11:49:31 AM
No, you're not the only one. I have a problem with that as well! When I read the trip report I skipped over the comments at the beginning about the entry and not having a season pass, so I missed it.

That is clearly theft and you can be prosecuted for doing that. The park employee should've confiscated the pass and turned you over to security.

Six Flags is going to put an end to this next year. Fiesta Texas is starting to use biometric finger scanners. My finger was scanned Sunday when I entered.

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/20/13 12:33:09 PM
Eric_Gieszl said:
My finger was scanned Sunday when I entered.

Are you all right? :)

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 11/20/13 12:44:23 PM
Why wouldn't I be fine? I have no issue with the biometric scanners, so long as they're fast.
--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report November 16 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/20/13 3:26:03 PM
Eric_Gieszl said:

Why wouldn't I be fine? I have no issue with the biometric scanners, so long as they're fast.

J/K.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...