Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Is this the same crazy lady or a different one?

Is this the same crazy lady or a different one?

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
11/14/13 at
3:31:44 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-woman-married-ferris-wheel-like-ride-loved-decades-article-1.1516404

I think it's a different one - didn't the other one marry a ride in NY?

The invitations will be going out for me and KK soon - hope you all can make it! :-P

Jen

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/14/13 3:40:31 PM
LMAO!!! You inviting Griffon?

These stories always remind me of the Knoebels person that was in love with 1001 Nachts. I don't recall an NY case.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by drachen drachen Profile at 11/14/13 4:15:51 PM
So, if she rides another Ferris wheel, has she committed adultery?

Won't SOMEBODY think of the children?!

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/14/13 4:44:19 PM
beastmaster said:

LMAO!!! You inviting Griffon?


These stories always remind me of the Knoebels person that was in love with 1001 Nachts. I don't recall an NY case.

That was it! The Knoebels ride - I couldn't remember which ride it was.

No, Griffon won't be invited, I don't want KK down for another season! :-)

Jen

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/14/13 4:44:41 PM
drachen said:

So, if she rides another Ferris wheel, has she committed adultery?


Won't SOMEBODY think of the children?!

LMAO!! :-D

Jen

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/14/13 4:53:00 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

LMAO!!! You inviting Griffon?


These stories always remind me of the Knoebels person that was in love with 1001 Nachts. I don't recall an NY case.

That was it! The Knoebels ride - I couldn't remember which ride it was.



Jen

They never got married. She (he?) found out 1001 Nachts was going around with someone else.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 11/16/13 11:18:33 AM
Anyone notice the third picture down where it looks like 2 of the passenger cars on that skydiver are broken and colliding at the top of the wheel? Anyone know where that picture is from? Looks like it could have been a frightening accident, but the caption says nothing about it.
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/16/13 12:00:18 PM
SirWillow said:

Anyone notice the third picture down where it looks like 2 of the passenger cars on that skydiver are broken and colliding at the top of the wheel? Anyone know where that picture is from? Looks like it could have been a frightening accident, but the caption says nothing about it.

Yeah, that looks nasty.

I hadn't actually read the article previously..forgot. But may favorite moment was her bringing Bruce pizza..and he can smell it!

Mike

* This post was modified at 11/16/13 12:00:52 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by drachen drachen Profile at 11/17/13 12:21:51 AM
beastmaster said:

They never got married. She (he?) found out 1001 Nachts was going around with someone else.

"Going around"... I see what you did there.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by Ligtnin78nic Ligtnin78nic Profile at 1/16/14 11:00:10 PM
OMG,(speechless)! The article mentioned something about the Skydiver being in a storm, and getting damaged and that it was sitting rusting away.It said she hopes to fix it up.I think thats pretty cool Skydivers aren't a everyday thing.Save and restore the old rides before there gone.As for marrying it what ever makes her happy as long as it dosent't hurt anyone.
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 1/17/14 11:18:53 AM
The person doing the ceremony is as crazy as she is.

regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/17/14 10:48:09 PM
Oh, that's the Skydiver flat. I never rode it yet, and I wanna ride it so bad. I don't think that I'll 'love' it enough to marry though...