Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Is this the same crazy lady or a different one?

Is this the same crazy lady or a different one?

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
11/14/13 at
3:31:44 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-woman-married-ferris-wheel-like-ride-loved-decades-article-1.1516404

I think it's a different one - didn't the other one marry a ride in NY?

The invitations will be going out for me and KK soon - hope you all can make it! :-P

Jen

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/14/13 3:40:31 PM
LMAO!!! You inviting Griffon?

These stories always remind me of the Knoebels person that was in love with 1001 Nachts. I don't recall an NY case.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by drachen drachen Profile at 11/14/13 4:15:51 PM
So, if she rides another Ferris wheel, has she committed adultery?

Won't SOMEBODY think of the children?!

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/14/13 4:44:19 PM
beastmaster said:

These stories always remind me of the Knoebels person that was in love with 1001 Nachts. I don't recall an NY case.

That was it! The Knoebels ride - I couldn't remember which ride it was.

No, Griffon won't be invited, I don't want KK down for another season! :-)

Jen

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 11/14/13 4:44:41 PM
drachen said:

So, if she rides another Ferris wheel, has she committed adultery?

Won't SOMEBODY think of the children?!

LMAO!! :-D

Jen

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/14/13 4:53:00 PM
GoYanks34 said:

beastmaster said:

That was it! The Knoebels ride - I couldn't remember which ride it was.

Jen

They never got married. She (he?) found out 1001 Nachts was going around with someone else.

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 11/16/13 11:18:33 AM
Anyone notice the third picture down where it looks like 2 of the passenger cars on that skydiver are broken and colliding at the top of the wheel? Anyone know where that picture is from? Looks like it could have been a frightening accident, but the caption says nothing about it.
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/16/13 12:00:18 PM
SirWillow said:

Anyone notice the third picture down where it looks like 2 of the passenger cars on that skydiver are broken and colliding at the top of the wheel? Anyone know where that picture is from? Looks like it could have been a frightening accident, but the caption says nothing about it.

Yeah, that looks nasty.

I hadn't actually read the article previously..forgot. But may favorite moment was her bringing Bruce pizza..and he can smell it!

Mike

* This post was modified at 11/16/13 12:00:52 PM *

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by drachen drachen Profile at 11/17/13 12:21:51 AM
beastmaster said:

They never got married. She (he?) found out 1001 Nachts was going around with someone else.

"Going around"... I see what you did there.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by Ligtnin78nic Ligtnin78nic Profile at 1/16/14 11:00:10 PM
OMG,(speechless)! The article mentioned something about the Skydiver being in a storm, and getting damaged and that it was sitting rusting away.It said she hopes to fix it up.I think thats pretty cool Skydivers aren't a everyday thing.Save and restore the old rides before there gone.As for marrying it what ever makes her happy as long as it dosent't hurt anyone.
Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 1/17/14 11:18:53 AM
The person doing the ceremony is as crazy as she is.

regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Is this the same crazy lady or a different one? by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 1/17/14 10:48:09 PM
Oh, that's the Skydiver flat. I never rode it yet, and I wanna ride it so bad. I don't think that I'll 'love' it enough to marry though...