Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SF park Premier is ignoring the most.

SF park Premier is ignoring the most.

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
4/4/00 at
7:00:50 PM

Is there any Six Flags park that needs more attention. Elitch Gardens, perhaps? SFOG? SF over Texas? Also what will Premier do with their remaining non-SF parks such as Frontier City, Great Escape and Wyandot Lake? I have heard that GE is next in line to get the SF branding but I can't imagine the townspeople letting them get away with it. They fought the Comet tooth and nail, Imagine what they would do if Premier wanted a Superman clone or a large B&M to go in here. I don't know much about FC but Wyandot Lake needs attention. The Columbus area is growing and the park could do well by adding more rides. Rebuilding geauga's old corkscrew might be a step in the right direction.

Hey if you dislike the SixFlag so much don't go! by Raging Bull Fan at 4/4/00 7:07:11 PM

> Is there any Six Flags park that needs more
> attention. Elitch Gardens, perhaps? SFOG? SF
> over Texas? Also what will Premier do with
> their remaining non-SF parks such as
> Frontier City, Great Escape and Wyandot
> Lake? I have heard that GE is next in line
> to get the SF branding but I can't imagine
> the townspeople letting them get away with
> it. They fought the Comet tooth and nail,
> Imagine what they would do if Premier wanted
> a Superman clone or a large B&M to go in
> here. I don't know much about FC but Wyandot
> Lake needs attention. The Columbus area is
> growing and the park could do well by adding
> more rides. Rebuilding geauga's old
> corkscrew might be a step in the right
> direction. I had a recent post about Great Escape! I hope they add to that park.

For 2000 ONLY SFGAm by Riverview Mike at 4/4/00 7:13:58 PM

Overall, I would have to say SFEG and SFKK, but both parks serve smaller populations than many of the other SF parks so it would be harder to justify a huge investment. Also both are landlocked with little room for expansion. For this year SF has ignored SFGAm. While almost every other park I can easily drive to (SFSTL, HW, PKI & CP) have major additions for 2000, SFGAm has a new parade and the Russian Circus. I'll still be going many times, but I hope for and expect a major ride next year.

Re: SF park Premier is ignoring the most. by Raze Fan at 4/4/00 7:25:53 PM

I think SFSTL needs more attention. It is one of the "original" parks, but they just aren't adding stuff like I would like. I think Premiere is taking a BIG step in the right direction with adding Hurricane Harbor and The Boss, but I think the park needs alot more Flat rides and a new kiddie area. I would really like to see a major addition like SFGADv got last year. That would be great! I think all the flat rides are probably about 10 years old, at least! Well, if you count the skycoaster, rock wall climb, or go-carts, then it is a different story. There isn't a whole lot of room for expansion, but I can think of several places they could put a few roller coasters and rides. Like the current Castaway Kids location! :-) Just my opinion...

> Raze Fan <

Re: For 2000 ONLY SFGAm by Lisa at 4/4/00 11:30:33 PM

> Overall, I would have to say SFEG and SFKK,
> but both parks serve smaller populations
> than many of the other SF parks so it would
> be harder to justify a huge investment. Also
> both are landlocked with little room for
> expansion. For this year SF has ignored
> SFGAm. While almost every other park I can
> easily drive to (SFSTL, HW, PKI & CP)
> have major additions for 2000, SFGAm has a
> new parade and the Russian Circus. I'll
> still be going many times, but I hope for
> and expect a major ride next year.

What about SFAW; Houston is one of the largest cities in the country; or SFOG, which is also a pretty big area. While I would have liked another major investment at SFGAm this year, RB supposedly was their largest investment. They have been lacking in the "name" entertainment department, so I'm looking forward to some of the special entertainment they have scheduled this year. For the new "regular" shows, the Russian Circus should be quite good -- I saw the Moscow Circus at the (former) Rosemont Horizon back in the 80's and enjoyed it. I'm not knocking Ringling Bros., but if it's anything like the Moscow Circus, I think we can expect something different than Ringling Bros. And Alien Invasion has got to be better than the boring To the Limit (altho Fri. night when we got our passes processed, they still had the To the Limit signs by the Pictorium entrance). I, too, plan on going as often as I can. Here's hoping for next year.

Lisa

SFStL discussion by Steve StL at 4/5/00 9:43:29 AM

> I think SFSTL needs more attention. It is
> one of the "original" parks, but
> they just aren't adding stuff like I would
> like. I think Premiere is taking a BIG step
> in the right direction with adding Hurricane
> Harbor and The Boss, but I think the park
> needs alot more Flat rides and a new kiddie
> area. I would really like to see a major
> addition like SFGADv got last year. That
> would be great! I think all the flat rides
> are probably about 10 years old, at least!
> Well, if you count the skycoaster, rock wall
> climb, or go-carts, then it is a different
> story. There isn't a whole lot of room for
> expansion, but I can think of several places
> they could put a few roller coasters and
> rides. Like the current Castaway Kids
> location! :-) Just my opinion...

Raze, you'd be surprised at all the hidden areas of expansion SFStL has. No one would of thunk that a 5000 + CCI woodie would of gone in the place where it sits now... right? I believe there is plenty of room here. According to that Premier article which was posted yesterday, SFStL has 497 acres of land! that nothing to shrug at. Anyways, slowly our park will keep getting rides, it won't be like SFO or anything -Competition in StL or Mo. doesn't warrant a such a huge make-over. I am hoping for another biggie next year for its birthday. That Zeirer will probably come around next year too, and hopefully that will accompany a make-over of our kiddie town.

Steve