Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014

2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014

ray_p ray_p Profile

Posted:
11/5/13 at
2:53:44 PM

According to Seabreeze’s website (link below), the park will be adding two new rides in 2014: a Bertazzon Wave Swinger and a Zamperla Samba Tower called the Great Balloon Race. In order to add the Wave Swinger though, the old Chance YoYo will be removed.

Always nice to see improvements being made at this great family park. They certainly seem to know what’s best for business…

Seabreeze home page

Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 11/5/13 3:01:21 PM
I didn't like Seabreeze's Yo-Yo as much as Quassy's. I thought I was going out of THAT one!

I liked Seabreeze on my sole visit in 2011, especially the Bobsleds and the carousel.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 11/5/13 4:12:53 PM
Nice to hear that Seabreeze is adding some new rides. I absolutely loved that park. What a great small park. I really wish they would add a modern wooden coaster by GCI or Gravity Group. The Yo Yo swings are getting pretty rare. Indiana Beach has moved theirs over the lake, which is an awesome experience. Michigan Adventure has theirs in great condition. I wish Seabreeze wasn't getting rid of theirs, but I understand their reasoning.
Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 11/6/13 7:05:26 AM
Supposedly these rides are being acquired from the old Hard Rock/Freestyle Music Park.

G-Dog

Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by Coaster316 at 11/6/13 8:10:16 AM
Sad to see a Yo-Yo go, but it wasn't run perfectly so a new swing ride will be just fine. Seabreeze remains one of my absolute favorite parks and I'd really like to get up there in 2014.

I also really like the idea of improvements to the kiddie area. That could use a bit of a sprucing up. Seems like Seabreeze is a park like Waldameer and Knoebels that always seems to know exactly what it is that would be the best for business indeed.

Now, when will they listen to us about a dark ride?

Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by drachen drachen Profile at 11/6/13 1:32:23 PM
Geauga_Dog said:

Supposedly these rides are being acquired from the old Hard Rock/Freestyle Music Park.

G-Dog

Interesting...

I think these are two nice additions to the park - even better if they got them for pennies on the dollar.

Seabreeze has a fantastic selection of rides. They're just missing a Ferris wheel, dark ride, and a good wooden coaster train.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 11/6/13 8:54:25 PM
If I remember right, Seabreeze's Yo-Yo didn't Yo
It never went up to the top where the bend was so it never tilted. At least thats what it was doing on my visit.
Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by CortexBomb CortexBomb Profile at 11/7/13 7:41:41 AM
Also glad to hear about this.

I visited Seabreeze approximately an age ago now, but I really liked the vibe of the park. These additions should further solidify what they're doing over there, though like other posters, I would like to see them invest in a traditional dark ride as I think it's the one thing they're obviously lacking when compared to other small locals in the general area like Waldameer and Conneaut Lake.

Michael W.
209: 62 (20 CCI/GG) / 147
Voyage / Eurosat
Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by ray_p ray_p Profile at 11/7/13 1:08:09 PM
I can’t remember exactly what year Jeff and I were discussing it, but we thought that the park should gut their service building near the Jack Rabbit parking lot and convert it into a dark ride. Unfortunately they haven’t taken our idea and run with it yet. :) With the park having a classic feel to it, a dark ride would be a perfect fit.

I have also long been a proponent of Seabreeze installing a giant ferris wheel of some sort. The park has a beautiful location being right on Lake Ontario and they really don’t offer any rides that fully take advantage of that. I absolutely love Waldameer’s Giant Wheel as the view from the top of Lake Erie and the Presque Isle area is stunning. I think a giant wheel at Seabreeze would be just as nice.

And finally, I didn’t realize these were mildly used rides. Then again, I do recall that their Bertazzon Music Express was purchased used from the short-lived Wild West World and that is one of the park’s best rides.

Regardless, any expansion at Seabreeze is a good thing and I wish them nothing but the best.

Re: 2 new rides for Seabreeze in 2014 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 11/7/13 1:54:29 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

If I remember right, Seabreeze's Yo-Yo didn't Yo
It never went up to the top where the bend was so it never tilted. At least thats what it was doing on my visit.

That's how it was when I visited also.