Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > I'm Ready To Give SkyRush Another Shot

I'm Ready To Give SkyRush Another Shot

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
10/24/13 at
9:23:38 AM

If anyone wants to meet at Hershey on 11/2, let me know. I'll likely be solo.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: I'm Ready To Give SkyRush Another Shot by antikythera antikythera Profile at 10/24/13 5:43:54 PM
I may or may not be there on the 2nd. I'll definitely be there sometime that weekend though. I know a lot of people I've talked to will be there since it's the last real weekend to ride coasters (sans BGW Christmas Town) for the season.
Re: I'm Ready To Give SkyRush Another Shot by drachen drachen Profile at 10/24/13 7:00:12 PM
Save it for the end of the night!

Where did Skyrush come in on the Beastmaster Awards last year?

* This post was modified at 10/24/13 7:00:54 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: I'm Ready To Give SkyRush Another Shot by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/24/13 8:37:20 PM
drachen said:

Save it for the end of the night!

Where did Skyrush come in on the Beastmaster Awards last year?

SkyRush (under its alias, ThighCrush) won the "King Of Pain" award in last years BAFAPARCS.

I still have three more park days planned, so this year's BAFAPARCS will be announced in November. However, my brain and memory don't work too well anymore :(, so we'll see how they turn out...

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: I'm Ready To Give SkyRush Another Shot by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 10/25/13 7:49:47 PM
It's a shame I'm more or less done for the year (actually not all together, as I will be at Dollywood sometime in early December, didn't find that out until today that I'd have that opportunity) or I would plan on joining you guys.

As for trying Skyrush again, I do (check out my recently posted TR, with 27 rides in one day) have some words of advice.

I would suggest riding (at first) in a center seat towards the middle of the train. Based on my extensive one-day experience of riding just about everywhere on the train, my thoughts are that it is less intense in the middle because you don't get slammed as hard into the restraint as you do in the front and especially the back.
Avoid the wing seats (at first or all together if you must) - for some reason, the restraints clamp down tighter in those than they do in the center seats. In the back wing seats it grips you like a bulldog's jaws, and since you found it painful before (you didn't ever say where you sat on your first ride), it would be worse in those seats. That's part of why I found it hard to do too much consecutive wing seat riding and had to take a breather in the middle seats on my marathon.

Finally, you might want to avoid seat #22 (not sure which train, might be on both), as for some reason the ride ops have to staple whoever rides in that seat because the sensor was acting up when I was there. They might have fixed it or it might still be that way, either way, I'd avoid it (22 is a center seat, BTW).

So, in a nutshell my advice would be to get in line for row 4 or row 6 (right in front or behind the fast lane) and ride a center seat.

Also, I hope everyone has decent weather - I saw on TPR that HP won't run their coasters unless it is more than 50 degrees for at least a few hours of the day. But as long as that's not a factor, who ever wants to marathon any of the coasters shouldn't have a problem with the crowds being nice and light.

* This post was modified at 10/25/13 7:53:25 PM *