Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13

Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13

Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile

Posted:
10/11/13 at
1:14:36 PM

I hadn't been to my homepark , SF GAdv, in 8 years. 2005 - the year they opened Kingda Ka.

Having had the gastric sleeve procedure done on March 27th of this year and losing 115 lbs. (so far), I knew that I'd fit back in most of GAdv's coasters. There was only one that I didn't do yet, but that will happen in Spring.

A close friend and co-worker of mine works for Gadv during Fright Fest. So, he kept pushing me to go back to the park and by the end of September I was ready to get coastering again.

We arrived at the park on Sunday right after opening and headed directly to Kingda Ka. There were, at most, 12 people in the station, so we got two quick rides in. My first ride was in the 5th row and the second ride was in the back seat. I had forgotten just how fast the launch is on KK! I closed my eyes and where do you think I reopened them? Directly at the top of the hill before you drop. Once the ride was over, I was so happy to be coastering again that I got a little choked up. I honestly didn't think I'd ever get on a coaster again between the weight, thyroid and foot problems!

After Kingda Ka, we headed right over to Bizarro and waited two trains for a 5th row ride. My co-worker's daughter is pre-surgery, so she is currently still in big-boy seat and we wanted to ride with her. This coaster will always be known as Medusa to me. I am amazed that after 14 years, this ride is as smooth as I remember. It is still one of my favorites.

Getting off Bizarro, we headed over to Runaway Train. I had no idea they changed the metal v-shaped lap bar (THANK GOD!) to padded individual lap bars. No more crossing the feet at the ankles to fit in the sit. What a huge difference. We took a quick ride in the very back. Where else? Of course, we were all laughing and even yelled out, “Mike, Mike, Mike – what day is it?” The people in front of us were laughing along with us and yelled out, “HUMP DAY – Woooo hooooo!”

We took in a fast ride on Superman: UF and I had forgotten just how much I HATE hanging against the restraints. I call the ride “SPLAT” for obvious reasons. It's a very smooth ride and the pretzel loop is a bit disorientating, but I never really have to ride it again.

We opted to skip Green Lantern. Stand-ups are just not a favorite of mine and they aren't friendly to male riders. LOL

We walked to the other side of the park, stopping at Houdini for a walk-on ride. Houdini is still such a fun ride after 14 years! The illusion still works and always makes me smile.

We grabbed some chicken at Grannies; rode the Dark Knight – a fun Mack Wild Mouse in the dark; Skull Mountain in the back seat; the Buccaneer; Fantasy Fling (or whatever they call it now); Blackbeard's Treasure Train and one of the daytime walk-through Fright Fest trails.

Since it was getting dark, we decided to take in some Fright Fest fun and went right to the Asylum trail.
My co-worker decided he was going to get me good with his chain-saw and at the end of the trail powered it up and came running out at me. I never really scream or jump, I have this habit of laughing whenever I'm startled. I usually get some odd looks from the workers, even made a couple of them laugh along with me.
After that we took in the show “Ghoul Master’s Ghosts”, walked around some more and headed home to beat the crowds out of the park.

On Friday, October 4th, we arrived at the park around 5:35pm, walked over to watch the awakening and the releasing of the ghouls and then hit Dark Knight for 4 straight rides (without leaving our seats), a ride on Batman:TR (which I was concerned about since the lap bars are tighter than Bizarro) and then Nitro.
I have to say that B&M’s really hold up well. I was very impressed with the rides on Bizarro, Batman:TR,
Superman, and Nitro. We then headed over to other side of the park and did a night time ride on Kingda Ka – which is amazing; Bizarro; Runaway Train and tried the test seat on El Toro. I am one click away from fitting. I’d fit if I got stapled in, but not on El Toro. The forces are pretty strong for that. I can wait. I added it to my goals for 2014.

I have to say the park looks great. It was very clean and the ride ops were all doing an excellent job!
It really felt good to get back to Great Adventure, especially seeing how great it looks.

I have one more visit scheduled on Sunday, October 20th. The park closes on Sunday, October 27th, so there’s always an opportunity to sneak in another visit.

Jersey Joe

* This post was modified at 10/11/13 1:15:03 PM *

Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by drachen drachen Profile at 10/11/13 1:53:00 PM
I have to say, your TR brought a smile to my face. Congratulations on getting back out there and enjoying your hobby!

I hope you get to ride El Toro next year and meet your goal. It's only the BEST roller coaster in the world...

Thanks for the read!

* This post was modified at 10/11/13 6:13:15 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/11/13 3:21:58 PM
Joe, good to see you posting, and a very nice TR. I'm stapled all the time on Toro, but I live with it because...well, because it's Toro. I found Nitro pretty rattly at the bottom of the hills last weekend, but I can understand your praise, since it had been some time since you rode. Probably didn't feel that different to you.

I'll likely be there closing day.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/11/13 7:25:04 PM
What a great TR! Congrats!

I wholeheartedly agree about S:UF - HATE that coaster. I guess not riding for a while made you appreciate even the Dark Knight, LOL! I honestly haven't ridden it in several years I was so disappointed in it way back when.

Too bad I wasn't going the day you were - it would be great to meet up one of these days. Like I said I'll be there Columbus Day (Mon) and last day of the season (with Mike) it would be great if you could join us! If you can come and want to meet up let me know on Facebook.

SO glad you had a great time and are able to ride again! :-)

Jen

Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Coaster316 at 10/11/13 10:29:24 PM
What a great trip report, Joe. I'm so happy to hear that not only were you able to do this but that you enjoyed it so much.

I don't do Halloween stuff, but I would love to have been with you to see the reactions of everyone else when you start laughing at (with) them. That must have been awesome.

Definitely hope we can meet up again real soon.

Thanks for posting this amazing report and again glad things are working out so well.

Jeff

Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/12/13 6:07:58 AM
Coaster316 said:

What a great trip report, Joe. I'm so happy to hear that not only were you able to do this but that you enjoyed it so much.

I don't do Halloween stuff, but I would love to have been with you to see the reactions of everyone else when you start laughing at (with) them. That must have been awesome.

Definitely hope we can meet up again real soon.

Thanks for posting this amazing report and again glad things are working out so well.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! I'll keep you posted when we hit the parks in Spring. I'd like to get to Knoebels after they open and ride the Flying Turns and get as many rides on Phoenix that I can. Twister? Not so much. Maybe a few in the front.

Jersey Joe

Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Patripman Patripman Profile at 10/12/13 8:12:20 AM
What no more peppers and sausege (sausage to you non Italians, I think the pounds you lost found their way across the Pa turnpike to my house.
Congrats Joe.

Our coaster riding has dropped significantly although we are planning a trip to Kennywood for Fright Nights since all the major rides are open for the event. My nephew went last weekend and they were running the Bayern Curve in complete fog and strobes, with an insanely long program. You know I would be on that thing in a heartbeat.
As for other parks visits, very little unless you count the 6 trips we took to Las Vegas the past 2 years. Lets see park visit or Las Vegas? Park visit or Las Vegas? decisions, decisions, I think I will take Las Vegas.

Patripman

Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/12/13 9:05:14 AM
Patripman said:
they were running the Bayern Curve in complete fog and strobes, with an insanely long program.
Patripman

Yum.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 *NM* by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/15/13 1:08:47 PM
Yay Joe!
Mike B.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Cluffle at 10/16/13 5:27:59 AM
Whoa, I never thought I'd be in this much shock after reading a post.

Your story is incredible, I'm so thrilled for you that you are back in the restraints again and riding, I wouldn't wish
something like that on any coaster enthusiast. It obviously means a lot to you to be on the rides, and it has honestly made
my day hearing this. Finally some good news!

I am a little jealous though, I am one of the few yet to ride Kingda Ka, living in England getting to New Jersey is quite
a trek. Got a trip planned next year hopefully to finally meet the beast.

Anyway Joe great news and keep up the good work!

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/13 12:26:58 PM
Cluffle said:

Got a trip planned next year hopefully to finally meet the beast.

Well, it'd be great to meet you too! ;)

Seriously, you come over to GrAdv next year, lemme know!

Mike

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Cluffle at 10/16/13 1:00:14 PM
That sounds brilliant!

Having never been before I could do with a tour guide so to speak hahaha.

I'll keep in touch Mike and let you know.

Ryan

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/16/13 1:23:44 PM
Cluffle said:

That sounds brilliant!

Ryan

Keep me posted too. I'd like to meet both of you.

Jersey Joe

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/16/13 1:24:42 PM
Jersey_Joe said:

Cluffle said:

That sounds brilliant!

Ryan

Jersey Joe

I'm in too!

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/16/13 3:08:41 PM
Joe was one of the URC folks who helped me get acclimated on the side as a newbie in late 2005. I always appreciated that, and always hoped for a chance to meet the man.

Hopefully next season...unless you're going on Closing Day :)

Mike

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/16/13 4:10:14 PM
beastmaster said:

Joe was one of the URC folks who helped me get acclimated on the side as a newbie in late 2005. I always appreciated that, and always hoped for a chance to meet the man.

Hopefully next season...unless you're going on Closing Day :)

Mike

Mike - ya never know. If I can make it closing day, I'll let you know ahead of time and we'll make plans to meet up.

I'm happy that I was of help to you way back when!
It seems like a really long time ago, doesn't it?

Jersey Joe

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/16/13 4:35:46 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Jersey_Joe said:

Cluffle said:

That sounds brilliant!

Ryan

Jersey Joe

I'm in too!

Jen

Jen - looking forward to meeting you also. Would be cool to have a URC gathering one day at GAdv, don't ya think?

Jersey Joe

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/16/13 5:35:55 PM
Jersey_Joe said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jersey_Joe said:

Cluffle said:

That sounds brilliant!

Ryan

Jersey Joe

I'm in too!

Jen

Jen - looking forward to meeting you also. Would be cool to have a URC gathering one day at GAdv, don't ya think?

Jersey Joe

We kind of do actually. Every year it's usually me, Mike G, Paul, Judy and Ken. I'm sure Jon will be in that mix now as well. Sometimes others come as well but are not "regulars" with us. We try to all go together but sometimes the group is split up based on availability. I'll be sure to let you know when we are planning a trip next year. It's usually in the spring but a bunch of us meet up all year long.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by houstondavid houstondavid Profile at 10/16/13 8:02:18 PM
Hello,

I'm pretty new to being a roller coaster enthusiast. Basically got started because I took my kids to the local park (Canobie Lake) and it reminded me that I loved riding coasters as a kid in Southern California (Revolution was new when I was down there - that dates me). Since been to Hersheypark (pre-SkyRush), Six Flags New England, and Canada's Wonderland.

Looking to take a trip to Great Adventure next year. Was thinking of coming down for the 'Riding of the Bull' in September (it appears to be an annual event). Is that a good event to go to? Or is there a better one?

Thanks,
David

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/16/13 9:50:05 PM
houstondavid said:

Hello,

I'm pretty new to being a roller coaster enthusiast. Basically got started because I took my kids to the local park (Canobie Lake) and it reminded me that I loved riding coasters as a kid in Southern California (Revolution was new when I was down there - that dates me). Since been to Hersheypark (pre-SkyRush), Six Flags New England, and Canada's Wonderland.

Looking to take a trip to Great Adventure next year. Was thinking of coming down for the 'Riding of the Bull' in September (it appears to be an annual event). Is that a good event to go to? Or is there a better one?

Thanks,
David

Hi David and welcome! Riding of the Bull is a fun (and exhausting, LOL) event and you can take behind the scenes tours and of course the ERT in the morning of Nitro and of El Toro at night. This year we had to share the park with another group for our private park time and it was really crowded. So much so that the line for KK was longer than on most summer nights. We'll have to see what happens next year but if we are sharing the park again don't expect to get too many rides in. I got more Nitro rides in with the park ERT (10 and 11 respectively) for passholders than I did for ROTB (only 1 ride - Nitro was having some issues that morning and we had a behind the scenes tour to get to).

On another note it's a great way to meet up with other enthusiasts and mingle. Since Gadv is my home park it doesn't really matter to me since I ride all these coasters all year long but for someone who wants to maximize their time in riding the best time to go is on a weekday before school gets out for the summer. Early spring is best but unfortunately KK will be down until Memorial Day since they'll be building the drop tower. :-(

Let us know when you plan to visit and maybe we can meet up with you or if you do attend ROTB next year we can find each other!

Are you in Texas? (judging by your screen name) My brother lives in Austin and I'm trying to coordinate a time to get down there and hit up SF Fiesta and maybe SFOT (it's a hike so we'll see about that one since my brother is not an enthusiast, LOL).

Glad you found your love for coasters again!

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Cluffle at 10/17/13 6:17:26 AM
If you guys make any arrangements for the URC gathering let me know and I will book the time off from work to come across!

It's not very often I get to spend a day in a park with a bunch of top people I can spool off my roller-coaster 'jibberish' to and not have them fall asleep while in a queue (that HAS actually happened)

Ryan

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by houstondavid houstondavid Profile at 10/17/13 7:02:40 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, Jen.

Meeting up at some point would be fun. At Canada's Wonderland, got to talking to some obvious enthusiasts while standing in line and it was great to discover that I'm not all that strange after all :->. And made the wait go much faster.

ROTB (and other group events) sounds great. Getting that many rides in a day would be awesome! My son and I got a total of 19 in at SFNE on a near perfect day. Have to think about it if the park is shared, but seems like it would be worth the trip anyway.

Good guess, but Houston is my last name. I live in Massachusetts, north of Boston, 2 hours from SFNE. I'm finding that I am just out of reach of the 'coaster heartland' - wishing I lived in Pennsylvania... Oh well. My wife's family is in Oklahoma City, so I'm hoping to work in a side trip to SFOT.

David

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/17/13 5:10:32 PM
houstondavid said:

Houston is my last name. I live in Massachusetts, north of Boston, 2 hours from SFNE.
David

I figured you were nearby, after seeing in a prior post your reference to Canobie as your home park.

I also live north of Beantown: West Newbury, MA.
Heard of it? If not, think Newburyport...and go west (young man! ...put in for Mike G's sake...I know he would have made the addition..! )

I'll be traveling that 2 hours to SFNE for the noon opening this Saturday, ostensibly to "convert" my season pass renewal paper into the plastic for 2014.*
But an hour of two of riding will be had, of course.

*Why can't SF renewals be like CF's? Irks me no end.

Mike B.
Six Flags New England and Season Passes by houstondavid houstondavid Profile at 10/17/13 8:15:12 PM
Not sure if changing the title will change the thread or not, but it is worth a try.

I did not know where West Newbury was - had to look it up (though west-of-Newburyport did come to mind). I'm in Andover, not far from you at all. Actually heading over to Amesbury on Saturday for a model rocket launch at Woodsom Farm. How often do you head over to SFNE?

Have not had a Six Flags season pass before, but was planning on buying a pair for 2014 (trying to find others to get the Gold upgrade for buying 4 or more...). So what is the deal with the renewal? You actually have to go to the park to renew? Or is it just to get the official card? Not quite sure how they work.

David

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/17/13 8:20:13 PM
MABrider said:

houstondavid said:

Houston is my last name. I live in Massachusetts, north of Boston, 2 hours from SFNE.
David

If not, think Newburyport...and go west (young man! ...put in for Mike G's sake...I know he would have made the addition..! )

:)

Re: Six Flags New England and Season Passes by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/17/13 8:29:23 PM
houstondavid said:

Not sure if changing the title will change the thread or not, but it is worth a try.

I did not know where West Newbury was - had to look it up (though west-of-Newburyport did come to mind). I'm in Andover, not far from you at all. Actually heading over to Amesbury on Saturday for a model rocket launch at Woodsom Farm. How often do you head over to SFNE?

Have not had a Six Flags season pass before, but was planning on buying a pair for 2014 (trying to find others to get the Gold upgrade for buying 4 or more...). So what is the deal with the renewal? You actually have to go to the park to renew? Or is it just to get the official card? Not quite sure how they work.

David

Go here if you have a Discover card:
https://www2.sixflags.com/newengland/store/tickets?promo_code=discoverupgrade#

Can get the $54.99 price for 2 or more passes. Although there is a surcharge for ordering online it's a lot cheaper than buying at the single price.

Jen

Re: Six Flags New England and Season Passes by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/17/13 10:39:20 PM
houstondavid said:

So what is the deal with the renewal? You actually have to go to the park to renew? Or is it just to get the official card? Not quite sure how they work.

David

Six Flags' online renewal works easily enough. But SF issues a piece of paper that must be processed. At least for passes out of SFNE.
And it doesn't explain if that is because a new photo must be taken, thus a brand new card will be issued, or if it is just renewing the card in my pocket. I would think a photo would be good at least four years and a renewal would simply just "take" in their system.

The paper is your admission if you wait until next spring to process.

The CF online process also works well and it issues a piece of paper that actually tells you the pass has been renewed, no processing required.
They keep your photo in their database, not on the plastic.*
My 2014 renewal (out of Dorney) marks the fifth year on the same piece of plastic.

* hmmm, wonder if SF will be doing this now? I'll find out Saturday.

Mike B.
Re: Six Flags New England and Season Passes by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/17/13 10:59:03 PM
houstondavid said: How often do you head over to SFNE?

David

It's a given that I make one early season and one late season visit (Saturdays).

Most years otherwise, not much.

Mike B.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/17/13 11:14:09 PM
You have to have the passes processed by the end of this year to get the free parking/gold pass upgrade with the 4 pass and discover deals.

While I agree that it's a pain in the ass to have to process them every year they do offer the membership that you don't have to process yearly for a few more dollars a year if it bothers you that much.

As for comparing SF vs CF I'd gladly have mine processed each year and pay $67.99 for all parks including parking (or cheaper depending on the park) vs $182 a year any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Even after adding the meal plan on it's still cheaper than a CF Platinum pass.

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 10/18/13 7:56:47 AM
GoYanks34 said: they do offer the membership that you don't have to process yearly for a few more dollars a year if it bothers you that much.
Jen

I didn't know that option existed, thanks for mentioning it.
I see on the SFNE website it appears it is attached to the pay per month option, which I currently don't do; but probably will next year.

* This post was modified at 10/18/13 8:00:24 AM *

Mike B.
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Coaster316 at 10/18/13 8:18:23 AM
I haven't bought a season pass to anywhere lately, but I am really surprised that Six Flags is still selling season passes at such a cheap price.

It is cheaper for a family of four to renew season passes for 2014 than it is for a family of four to walk up to the gate at SFGrAdv and pay full admission for one day.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 10/18/13 2:45:40 PM
Yeah....I think they are selling them toooo cheap!! Now everyone is a season pass holder. Nothing special about it anymore.
Dion
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/18/13 2:57:51 PM
Sure there is. We get ERT on the Tea Cups this weekend!
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/18/13 3:13:22 PM
Oh how soon we forget the 13 rides you got on Nitro 2 Saturdays ago. Both of my ERTs on Nitro were 10 and 11 consecutive rides respectively. Very few people are going to the ERTs so I have a feeling that's why there are not more of them. I was there on season pass holder night and there was no one in the park. The low price is not really making a difference.

And who needs a season pass to be special? I need it to be affordable, which it is. Even though we only get to go in 10 minutes ahead of time it makes a difference as people spread out to various coasters and you usually get a few rides in on which ever ride you choose. The meal plan is great and saves a lot of money for those who go a lot.

And there are a lot of families with young children that have season passes so the Tea Cups and Houdini ERT is for them. Stop being so selfish. :-P

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/18/13 3:37:58 PM
I didn't forget about Nitro. And I wasn't being selfish, I was being sarcastic. They both start with "s," but there's a difference :)
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 10/19/13 9:57:03 AM
A BIG congrats to losing the weight and getting back on coasters. That is so awesome!!!

Also good TR, and I'm surprised you like TDK so much! lol

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/19/13 10:01:39 AM
mugen828 said:

A BIG congrats to losing the weight and getting back on coasters. That is so awesome!!!

Also good TR, and I'm surprised you like TDK so much! lol

Thanks! Well, I've always liked Mack wild mouse coasters, so, putting it in the dark just added more to the ride for me. They are just so much fun and who can complain when there are short lines?!

Jersey Joe

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 10/23/13 11:59:17 AM
Great report! nice to hear a good success story and return to coaster riding...kudos!

I've not been on a B&M flying coaster like superman but the Vekoma one at SFA, one ride was enough for me. Not really painful, just really friggin intense forces on my body - so i can understand being in no hurry to ride again.

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/27/13 3:46:20 PM
Went back to the park today and met up with Jennifer and Mike! So great to finally meet you both. Chris and I had a great time riding with you both.

The biggest thrill was fitting in El Toro! I thought I'd have to wait until Spring, 2014, but Jennifer convinced me that I would fit. We sat in the back for my virgin ride and it was absolutely AMAZING! El-Toro is easily one of my Top 3 coasters EVER. We got back to the station, no one in our line and went again! The airtime on this coaster is absolutely the most I've ever experienced on a coaster.

King Ka was flying as usual and we started the day there.

Bizarro - no lines, three rides in a row in the back. As good as ever!

Quick ride on Runaway train. Just for the memories. Fun ride!

Took the Sky Ride over to the other side of the park, got on the backseat of Skull Mountain, a near walk-on again.

So glad we listened to Jennifer and road the A train on Nitro. Smooth as silk! As Mike said, we did a Duke Ellington and rode the A-Train. lol

I stayed from opening until 2pm and got on everything I wanted to ride - at least once.

Hope to ride again with Mike and Jennifer next year! Thanks for a great time! What a way to close out the season...

Jersey Joe

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/27/13 7:02:44 PM
Jersey_Joe said:

Went back to the park today and met up with Jennifer and Mike! So great to finally meet you both. Chris and I had a great time riding with you both.

The biggest thrill was fitting in El Toro! I thought I'd have to wait until Spring, 2014, but Jennifer convinced me that I would fit. We sat in the back for my virgin ride and it was absolutely AMAZING! El-Toro is easily one of my Top 3 coasters EVER. We got back to the station, no one in our line and went again! The airtime on this coaster is absolutely the most I've ever experienced on a coaster.

Took the Sky Ride over to the other side of the park, got on the backseat of Skull Mountain, a near walk-on again.

So glad we listened to Jennifer and road the A train on Nitro. Smooth as silk! As Mike said, we did a Duke Ellington and rode the A-Train. lol

I stayed from opening until 2pm and got on everything I wanted to ride - at least once.

Hope to ride again with Mike and Jennifer next year! Thanks for a great time! What a way to close out the season...

Jersey Joe

I was honored to pop your El Toro cherry, LOL!! It was great meeting you and Chris too - had a blast! What an awesome day and a perfect way to end the season. We will definitely get together next year and then you can lose your Sky Screamer virginity! ;-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/27/13 7:05:56 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Jersey_Joe said:

Jersey Joe

I was honored to pop your El Toro cherry, LOL!! It was great meeting you and Chris too - had a blast! What an awesome day and a perfect way to end the season. We will definitely get together next year and then you can lose your Sky Screamer virginity! ;-)

Jen

Yes, Jen, it was a real pleasure. I look forward to our next time together at any park! We must do Knoebels next year. I promise not to ask you to go to Dorney though. LOL

Jersey Joe

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/27/13 7:10:40 PM
Jersey_Joe said:

Yes, Jen, it was a real pleasure. I look forward to our next time together at any park! We must do Knoebels next year. I promise not to ask you to go to Dorney though. LOL

Jersey Joe

Boy, you are a fast learner, LOL! ;-)

Jen

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/27/13 8:38:09 PM
I had a great day. I got to add another to the list of cool people I've met through URC. And Joe's friend Chris, although I don't know him from the site, fits that category too.

Funniest moment of the day. Joe and I are sitting across from Jen at a wrought iron table while she finished her food. She got up and the table up-ended see-saw style, nearly putting Joe and me on our keisters!

Both season pass processing centers were open and the lines were MONSTROUS.

I'd meet up with these guys again in a heartbeat.

Great (if short) day at the park. Frresh squeezed OJ and Friendlys meal with ice cream on the way home. Good day all around.

Then I found out about the death of Lou Reed.

Mike, not quite walking on the wild side...

Re: SF GAdv – 09/29/13 and 10/04/13 by afromadness at 12/21/13 12:02:25 PM
Yeah me too drachen; I have been deprived of Six Flags for over 6 years! I think its time I go back. After all the El Toro is on the list of the

world's biggest roller coaster