Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck

HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile

Posted:
10/10/13 at
11:41:26 AM

A coworker sent me this - poor folks stuck up there - is this a premier coaster? I thought they had a pretty good track record.

User Submitted Picture

STORY HERE Rockit gets stuck at top

* This post was modified at 10/10/13 11:43:25 AM *

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/10/13 12:27:39 PM
It's made by Maurer Söhne - not Premier.

Jen

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/10/13 1:25:49 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Didn't they also make Wild Hawg? That's even more scary!

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/10/13 1:29:43 PM
RobLec said:

GoYanks34 said:

Didn't they also make Wild Hawg? That's even more scary!

If you mean Steel Hawg no - that's S&S.

Jen

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by RobLec RobLec Profile at 10/10/13 2:13:49 PM
Ok thanks... getting movies mixed up with my coasters!
Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/10/13 2:34:19 PM
RobLec said:

Ok thanks... getting movies mixed up with my coasters!

LOL!I hate when that happens! :-D

Jen

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by antikythera antikythera Profile at 10/10/13 4:23:38 PM
Hogwash, a Premier train would never get stuck...
Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/10/13 5:33:12 PM
antikythera said:

*cough* The Chiller *cough*

:-P

Jen

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 10/10/13 7:44:33 PM
It has absolutely nothing to do with the trains. You could build a giant K'nex train to run on the track, and it still would have stopped right then and there if the same "technical glitch" occurred.
Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by alpengeistno3 at 10/10/13 11:10:12 PM
I always wondered about this. The lift used to be a perfectly "safe" place to stop a train in case of an emergency situation. Now, as parks are installing taller rides in smaller spaces, lifts are becoming so steep that using them as emergency point is becoming a more severe situation (I've ridden Rockit and Fahrenheit and while there is nothing inherently dangerous about being stopped in that position, I would not want to be stuck that way for TWO HOURS!!! The fact that the fire department had to be contacted to conduct the evacuation is further proof that vertical lifts are not a good place to stop a ride.

Should permits for these vertical lift rides include a manual way to lower the train in case of emergency? Seems like the Windseeker issue has now extended to a coaster. At least it is in Florida and not California or it would probably be done for.

Paul

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 10/11/13 12:38:50 AM
GoYanks34 said:

antikythera said:

Jen

Jen is straightening everybody out, three in a row, that's a hat trick LOL :)

* This post was modified at 10/11/13 12:40:19 AM *

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/11/13 7:45:17 AM
Overbanked said:

GoYanks34 said:

antikythera said:

Jen

Jen is straightening everybody out, three in a row, that's a hat trick LOL :)

LOL! Since I'm not actually on the ice and you can't throw your hats you can just mail them to me! :-)

Jen

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 10/11/13 9:28:55 AM
GoYanks34 said:

Jen

thanks for correcting that

* This post was modified at 10/11/13 9:29:39 AM *

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 10/11/13 6:53:09 PM
I honestly never liked the vertical lifts. I mean it's not going to put me off on riding it, but that would suck big time to get stuck at that part of the ride. As for the ride itself, first year, the first week it opened: many issues with the ride and the line took over 2hrs because they had to cycle a bunch of empty trains before they let people on.
Thank goodness it isn't that bad since and the max wait for me was like 40+min. I don't really like how many block break it has as it kinda kills the ride with the slow and go feel. I'd have rather had one long train and 1 mcbr.

As for the riders, they deserve at least a 1 day pass (for both parks or at least either park of their choice) with the express pass on all rides for their ordeal.

* This post was modified at 10/11/13 6:56:16 PM *

Re: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit gets stuck by Cluffle at 10/15/13 3:43:41 AM
Went on this ride last summer 2012, seemed like a pretty good build. I'm surprised by all of the responses to this thread saying it had a track record for not operating properly. Oh well, I guess all rides have a tendency to do that at some point.
Getting stuck at Disney Land by rollercoasterfreek18 at 11/17/13 1:18:24 PM
I remember when I was at Disney land, Me, My sister, and my uncle got stuck on the peter pan ride. We were sitting over the London streets for 15 minutes and then they turned on the lights! One operator told us that they might have to get a ladder to get us down! They finally got the ride moving but they kept the lights on. they shut down the ride for the rest of the day. It was really cool seeing the special effects that are in the ride!

Disney Land

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.