Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Waldameer Park 2014/2015 and Season Pass Info

Waldameer Park 2014/2015 and Season Pass Info

ray_p ray_p Profile

Posted:
10/9/13 at
10:51:19 AM

Waldameer has announced that season passes are on sale for 2014 at a price of $83.50, a $3.50 increase over last year. The park has also stated that everyone must get a new photo taken this year. The park will be processing photos Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm before the season starts for those who don’t want to wait in the usual long lines on Opening Day.

While no new rides will be unveiled in 2014, there is a list of new improvements for the park:

- The Ravine Flyer 2 has “already been retracked” for a smoother and faster ride
- 7 of the Water World waterslides have been resurfaced and painted in bright colors
- X-Scream will be repainted and have an LED light package installed
- A new restroom facility will be installed near the Steel Dragon
- And 6 new ticket booths will be built next to the Dodgems for a total of 12 booths in the park to move people through faster

And finally, the 2015 season will see the long-awaited addition of a wave pool to the Water World complex.

Nice to see the park continuing to upgrade its current facilities and planning for the future as well with “wise business decisions”. :)

Re: Waldameer Park 2014/2015 and Season Pass Info by Coaster316 at 10/9/13 11:06:48 AM
So you're saying Mr. Nelson knows what's best for business?

Glad they'll finally get that wave pool. Not that I'd ever set foot in it, but it is definitely something they should have. Any idea where they can fit it?

2014 improvements all seem dandy, especially the ticket booths. Hard to believe they've last with what they've had this long. I've never had a problem, but I can imagine it gets a bit too long.

Hoping for a visit in 2014.

Re: Waldameer Park 2014/2015 and Season Pass Info by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 10/9/13 11:26:42 AM
Wish I was close...
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Waldameer Park 2014/2015 and Season Pass Info by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 10/9/13 2:05:24 PM
Coaster316 said:

Glad they'll finally get that wave pool. Not that I'd ever set foot in it, but it is definitely something they should have. Any idea where they can fit it?

I'm thinking it will be next to the tube slides that are adjacent to the Peninsula Road lot. It's probably why they tore down those cottages next to the hotel they purchased to add more parking.

G-Dog

Re: Waldameer Park 2014/2015 and Season Pass Info by ray_p ray_p Profile at 10/9/13 2:38:49 PM
^ Exactly. I had heard somewhere a while back that the wave pool and a kids water play area would be installed using part of the existing Peninsula Drive lot and that the cottages were removed to expand that lot out. Of course I also heard that a Food Court was supposed to go in the Merry Go Round Grove picnic pavilion in 2012 or 2013 and that never happened, so don't quote me on my Waldameer info!

And Jeff, Mr. Nelson does indeed know what's best for business. I have a feeling he'd be more than happy to put us in a handicap tag team match against The Shield if we ever challenged his decision-making. ;)