Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Just thinking

Just thinking

incineratorr incineratorr Profile

Posted:
10/7/13 at
9:07:04 AM

I saw on some posts that the orange Kingda Ka train was being used again, so I just started thinking, maybe since the rails and gondolas for Zumanjaro are orange their using the orange train to match up with the whole theme, and maybe they'll start using both green and orange trains through both loading stations in order to keep up and synchronized if they are going to run both rides according to how it looks like in the video. It shows all 3 gondolas going up, then they wait for Ka to launch and then the gondolas drop with Ka at the same time, until Ka go's down for maintenance, then the gondolas will go up and down at different times. whadda you guys think ?

Re: Just thinking by antikythera antikythera Profile at 10/7/13 9:39:19 AM
I hope they don't wait to sync the two rides everytime. That'd be a nightmare.
Re: Just thinking by looper77 at 10/7/13 10:00:03 AM
They couldn't even sync Rolling Thunder and race both trains. I'm sure the animation was done that way just to highlight the two rides
Re: Just thinking by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/11/13 8:02:50 PM
I was told that every year they take one train off and completely refurbish it since they went to a 3 train operation and it was the orange train's turn this year. Has absolutely nothing to do with the drop tower. And it's running fabulously!

And they are not going to be synching the launches with the drop tower except maybe for the first few for the press release.

Jen

* This post was modified at 10/11/13 8:04:32 PM *

Re: Just thinking by Cluffle at 10/15/13 3:39:32 AM
I agree with the above comment. It just isn't conceivable for them to do the sync permanently. I think it will be done for the press release, but after that I don't see how it could be possible. Too many defining factors, longer queueing times etc.
Re: Just thinking by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 10/15/13 10:25:54 PM
I thought i smelled smoke.

sorry, couldn't resist :-) yeah seems like syncing them up would be a capacity killer, as folks are going to have loading issues, put away their sunglasses etc, so it'd be next to impossible to keep things moving without one ride waiting for the other and causing delays. If Kingda Ka loading is anything like TTD, it seems like an already impressively choreographed system as it is - loading the two trains at once and whatnot

Re: Just thinking by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/15/13 10:39:52 PM
HamptonRoadsRider said:

sorry, couldn't resist :-) yeah seems like syncing them up would be a capacity killer, as folks are going to have loading issues, put away their sunglasses etc, so it'd be next to impossible to keep things moving without one ride waiting for the other and causing delays. If Kingda Ka loading is anything like TTD, it seems like an already impressively choreographed system as it is - loading the two trains at once and whatnot

The process is different than on TTD with the one side operation. They load one train at a time. One is on the launch pad, one is loading and one is on the brake run. Not that it matters since synching the 2 rides is not happening. It will happen by chance of course but it will not be a planned event.

And congrats to the KK crew for winning Crew of the Year! My favorite ride-ops in the park and they deserve it! LOVE those guys! :-)

Jen

Re: Just thinking by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 10/16/13 8:43:21 AM
GoYanks34 said:

HamptonRoadsRider said:

The process is different than on TTD with the one side operation. They load one train at a time. One is on the launch pad, one is loading and one is on the brake run. Not that it matters since synching the 2 rides is not happening. It will happen by chance of course but it will not be a planned event.

And congrats to the KK crew for winning Crew of the Year! My favorite ride-ops in the park and they deserve it! LOVE those guys! :-)

Jen

I have to agree with you. The Kingda Ka crew were incredible each time I rode.

Now, I can't say the same for the Nitro crew on Sunday - 10/06. We waited in the station over 20 minutes for a 2 train wait, with 3 trains running!

I finally asked why they were stacking the trains, got a dirty look and they started to move.

Should have said it sooner, huh? LOL

Jersey Joe

Re: Just thinking by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 10/16/13 12:48:51 PM
Jersey_Joe said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

I have to agree with you. The Kingda Ka crew were incredible each time I rode.

Now, I can't say the same for the Nitro crew on Sunday - 10/06. We waited in the station over 20 minutes for a 2 train wait, with 3 trains running!

I finally asked why they were stacking the trains, got a dirty look and they started to move.

Should have said it sooner, huh? LOL

Jersey Joe

Agreed! I've been complaining about the Nitro crew all year in sending comments and taking surveys from the park. They've been horrendous. I have more pics than I can count on different days with them stacking all the trains. They have gotten better towards the end of the summer. There were a few times I went with no stacking at all so I thought the problem was taken care of but now it has been happening again. I think it depends what crew is working. There's no need for stacking on Nitro unless you're dealing with a disabled person or something of that nature and that should only affect one cycle anyway. Hopefully they get a new crew together for next year.

Jen

Re: Just thinking by Cluffle at 10/17/13 7:13:13 AM
Yeah it makes sense that they get a new crew, I've only heard bad things.

It's a bit of a shame actually, being in the same park as KK which has one of the top teams in the world working on it and it runs smooth getting through so many guests.

How something that is in the same park, but be so adverse and opposite, is staggering.

I also cant believe it has taken SFGA so long to resolve this problem as I had friends last year who complained about the same issue, according to what they said they were queuing for nearly 2 hours and when they finally got to the front of the queue they found coaster stacking to be a big issue.

Even here in the UK at Alton Towers we don't see any stacking, sure there is a much smaller number of people actually on the rides, but I think it shows really bad on the Nitro crew.