Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMENT!!

MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMENT!!

ACEMEMBER

Posted:
4/4/00 at
4:52:51 PM

I am a coaster fanatic like the rest of you.

What do you think of this vacation?

Drive out to Six Flags Ohio for Superman Ultimate Escape,The Villan, Batman Knight Flight, etc.

THEN

On West!! to Cedar Point Ohio for, well, what else!, Millenium force and the other great coasters in the worlds best park!!

THEN

Down to Cincinnati for Some BEAST / SOB !!!

THEN

On the way home stop by Kennywood for one last ride on the Steel Phantom!!

Give me your comments, also, is Batman the knight flight a simple copy of MEDUSA?

P.S. See you all on Saturday at Six Flags Great Adventure BABY!!!!!!!

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by Stephen pkiguy2k at 4/4/00 5:35:10 PM

> I am a coaster fanatic like the rest of you.
> What do you think of this vacation? Drive
> out to Six Flags Ohio for Superman Ultimate
> Escape,The Villan, Batman Knight Flight,
> etc. THEN On West!! to Cedar Point Ohio
> for, well, what else!, Millenium force and
> the other great coasters in the worlds best
> park!! THEN Down to Cincinnati for Some
> BEAST / SOB !!! THEN On the way home stop
> by Kennywood for one last ride on the Steel
> Phantom!! Give me your comments, also, is
> Batman the knight flight a simple copy of
> MEDUSA? P.S. See you all on Saturday at Six
> Flags Great Adventure BABY!!!!!!! I think that will be awesome when you go down to ride SOB because all of the other rides are trash except for the Steel Phantom(I've heard it's good)

My Roller Coaster Page

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by ACEMEMBER at 4/4/00 6:28:44 PM

Great reply PKIGUY2K, you really make me want to repost to this forum. You see, as a REAL fan of coasters, I am not concerned about the space in the park, in fact, I don't even care if they have to park them strictly over water, under the ground or illegally in someone else's back yard! As long as they keep them coming is all I care about. Lastly, put some thought into your posts, while I will be going on BOTH SOB and MF myself, I am reserving judgement until I get off both rides. Maybe some other people on this board can convince me to stay with more appropriate response posts.

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/4/00 6:31:24 PM

Okay, have you been on or even seen the coasters he listed in his trip?? What qualifies them as garbage? I think his coaster trip sounds like a great way to do a midwest tour!!!

Wait until you've come up with a more explainable opinion or have ridden the rides you are talking about before not only bashing them, but taking the air out of the enthusiasm we all should feel for anyone taking a nice tour de fource of 4 theme parks. It's rather obvious that your "nametag" has alot to do with your response. Please. --K

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by ACEMEMBER at 4/4/00 6:36:34 PM

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE KMAN!!! IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED, ME NEW TO THE BOARD AND ALL.... ANY CHANCE YOU KNOW IF BATMAN KNIGHT FLIGHT IS A COPY OF MEDUSA?? IT LOOKS LIKE ONE..

> Okay, have you been on or even seen the
> coasters he listed in his trip?? What
> qualifies them as garbage? I think his
> coaster trip sounds like a great way to do a
> midwest tour!!! Wait until you've come up
> with a more explainable opinion or have
> ridden the rides you are talking about
> before not only bashing them, but taking the
> air out of the enthusiasm we all should feel
> for anyone taking a nice tour de fource of 4
> theme parks. It's rather obvious that your
> "nametag" has alot to do with your
> response. Please. --K

Sounds like a good trip to me..... by Iceman at 4/4/00 6:36:49 PM

While I am not sure of the question of Batman Knight Flight but I do know that I am extremely jealous that your going to be able to get to all of those parks. I am probably only going to be able to get to two this year if I am lucky. Happy Coastering!!!

Re: Sounds like a good trip to me..... by ACEMEMBER at 4/4/00 6:43:38 PM

WELL, I HAVE BEEN HOLDING BACK FROM A MIDWEST ROMP FOR TWO YEARS NOW. LAST YEAR I STAYED LOCAL AND JUST DID THE NJ SIX FLAGS / WILDWOOD / CONEY ISLAND TOUR. THE YEAR BEFORE I DID THE BUSCH GARDENS WILLIAMSBURG (THE YEAR THEY CLOSED DRACHEN-FIRE AND DID NOT HAVE APOLLOS CHARIOT BUT DID HAVE ALPENGEIST)AND KINGS DOMINION TOUR. THIS YEAR THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY GOOD COASTERS OUT THERE TO GO SEE. HOPEFULLY MY COMPANY WILL BE SENDING ME TO FLORIDA LATER THIS YEAR FOR A CONFERENCE IN ORLANDO SO I CAN DO THE FLORIDA TOUR AND MAYBE EVEN COMPAQ CORP. IN HOUSTON TO DO THE TEXAS TOUR!! AND WHAT FOR NEXT YEAR?...........CALIFORNIA HERE I COME!!!

> While I am not sure of the question of
> Batman Knight Flight but I do know that I am
> extremely jealous that your going to be able
> to get to all of those parks. I am probably
> only going to be able to get to two this
> year if I am lucky. Happy Coastering!!!

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by AirBear AirBear Profile at 4/4/00 9:02:18 PM

Hey, that will be a great trip for you, and don't let anyone tell you differently. Being a California guy, I've only been to one of those parks (PKI, and it was about 18 years ago). But it just happens that I'm in the final planning stages of a very similar trip for late May / early June. I intend to hit Kennywood, SFO, Cedar Point, PKI, and a couple of smaller parks (Lakemont for sure, and hopefully Americana if a buyer steps forward to re-open it). If all goes well and the weather cooperates, I'm hoping to hit somewhere between 30 and 40 coasters in a bit over a week, including the world's oldest, world's tallest steel, and world's tallest woodie. It should be wonderfully insane!!!

AirBear

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by Al W. at 4/4/00 10:26:35 PM

Your trip sounds very similar to my first major coaster vacation in '96! (KP, SFO-Geauga Lake then - CP, Americana, PKI and back to KP. On the return to Pittsburgh I also took a day (too short) and visited HP... if you have the time, it's worth a visit. Best regards from another California fan of PA & Ohio! Al W.

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/5/00 12:11:49 AM

> THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE KMAN!!! IT IS MUCH
> APPRECIATED, ME NEW TO THE BOARD AND ALL....
> ANY CHANCE YOU KNOW IF BATMAN KNIGHT FLIGHT
> IS A COPY OF MEDUSA?? IT LOOKS LIKE ONE..

__________

B:KF is not a copy oy of Medusa from what I can see. It has some similar elements like the vertical loop to dive loop opening, but it doesn't look the same in the second half. Of course with any B&M matters, Jeff Tolotti is the man to ask. Jeff? --K

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by AirBear AirBear Profile at 4/5/00 11:36:49 AM

Hi Al! Yeah, for a California boy, I'm quickly becoming very fond of OH and PA for coastering. I was back in eastern PA last Oct for Phoenix Phall Phunfest, and also made stops at SFGrAdv, Dorney, and Hershey. While not all of Hershey's rides were open, I did have a chance to walk around and get a feel for this beautiful park, as well as get rides on Comet, Great Bear, SooperDooperLooper, Wildcat, and their Wild Mouse. I can't wait to try Lightning Racer, so I'll either find a way to work Hershey in to my May trip or another trip that may happen in July.

I must say, that Oct trip last year really convinced me to plan more coastering trips back east. I notched 20 new coasters in a 3-day weekend, and realized that the eastern US offers great opportunities for coaster trips with so many parks located within easy driving distance of each other. Mind you, I love our coasters here in the West too, but when I get the itch for something other than my "home" coasters in Northern CA, it's a bit of a drive to get some variety. But drive or fly, it doesn't matter. They keep building them, so I'll keep riding them.

AirBear

Re: MY UP AND COMING ULTIMATE TRIP!! PLEASE COMMEN by Flare at 4/5/00 1:58:07 PM

Holiday World *Legend and Raven* after PKI...a no brainer for me... but Steel Phantom is closing...so you have a certain point... If you love SP then go there instead.

Dave