Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > WDW tickets

WDW tickets

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
9/24/13 at
10:35:31 PM

Hmmm... A 10-day park hopper with the no experation is $770. Some simple mathe says i should buy those again...

I thought they cancelled the no experation thing, but if you call they still offer it. I stocked up several years ago but we finally ran out. Getting 4-6 10-day passes seems like the thing to do, again.. good investment.

Re: WDW tickets by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/25/13 8:37:53 AM
Looks like your math is correct: $341+346=$787

Prices are found here

Re: WDW tickets by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 9/25/13 1:02:40 PM
Holding unused Disney tickets is not a good investment. Please don't suggest they are. The company is the one with the advantage, not the consumer with this deal.

I used to be a fan of the no-expiration ticket, but in many ways it's a lousy deal because you pay a significant premium for the days you're using when you don't need the no expiration. There is a lot of bad advice online about this option and that information causes visitors to make poor decisions that wipe out the savings Disney offers.

Here are a few guidelines to consider

If you plan to buy the no-expiration option then you should never buy a ticket of less than 8-days. Never!

The main factor in your decision to buy the no-expiration option should be the number of days you plan to visit for your current trip.

If you plan to visit the parks for 5-days or more then you shouldn't consider buying a longer ticket with the no expiration option. Disney offers a significant savings for theme park tickets of 5-days or longer (especially starting with 6-days or more) and you'll wipe out that savings with the no-expiration option.

If you plan to visit for 4-days or less, then you may want to consider buying an 8, 9 or 10-day ticket with the no expiration option. However, you should only do so if you know for sure that you'll return in the near future (within the next five years). If returning within five years is debatable then don't even consider it.

Lastly, and this is the one exception for tickets you hold of less than 8-days.

If something unforeseen goes wrong with your trip and you're unable to use all of the days on your ticket then you may want to consider adding the no expiration option after the fact.

For example, if you buy a 6-day ticket and for unforeseen circumstances you only use 3-days. In that case then it may make sense to pay for the no expiration option before your ticket expires.

The key to knowing when to do this and when to not is to follow the per-day cost. But once again, if you don't know if you'll return the don't give Disney more money on the chance that you will. Just chalk that one up as unfortunate loss.

* This post was modified at 9/25/13 5:27:20 PM *

Re: WDW tickets by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/25/13 1:24:47 PM
Eric_Gieszl said:
If something unforeseen goes wrong with your trip and you're unable to use all of the days on your ticket then you may want to consider adding the no expiration option after the fact.

For example, if you buy a 6-day ticket and for unforeseen circumstances you only use 3-days. In that case then it may make sense to pay for the no expiration option before your ticket expires.

It should be pointed out that the price of adding the no expiration option is based on the original number of days the tickets were purchased for.

For example, if you buy 8-day tickets and use only four days, you would have to pay for the full eight days of no expiration to add no expiration to your remaining four days. In other words, you must pay to add no expiration to days you have already used... and they are expensive (around $50 per day).

This happened to us a couple years ago when a death in the family cut our vacation short. Where it would have cost us another (nearly) thousand dollars to use the remaining Disney days at a future date, Universal just scanned our tickets and added the no expiration at no extra cost.

It's clear that one park wanted us to come back and spend our money there, the other wanted money up front and didn't care what we thought of them.

Re: WDW tickets by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 9/25/13 1:33:54 PM
That's a little unfair to characterize Disney as not caring.

Scammers are taking advantage of every loophole in the system at Disney. If it was discovered that you could just make a case that someone in your family died and they would add an expensive no-expires option to your ticket for free then the liars would be lining up in droves.

I'd be that Universal won't do that today.

-Eric

Re: WDW tickets by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/25/13 2:43:58 PM
FWIW I agree with what you say. Granted my final remark was a bit excessive, but that's the feeling we had when we left.
Re: WDW tickets by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 9/25/13 4:20:08 PM
You bring up an excellent point because that's the final impression they gave you. It's unfortunate, but the liars and cheaters of this world have ruined it.
Re: WDW tickets by NotSo NotSo Profile at 9/25/13 4:44:04 PM
I should have stated, we only use 2-3 days per visit. Never use 5 days at WDW in one trip. I am going to buy them.
Re: WDW tickets by NotSo NotSo Profile at 9/26/13 7:59:16 AM
RobLec said:

Looks like your math is correct: $341+346=$787

Here is how i am looking at it:
A 3-day hopper is $342, that is $114 per day. We never go more than 3 days during an Orl visit. A ten day hopper no exp is $770, thats only $77 per day. So 3 days this year, a 3 day trip in say 2017, and a 4 day trip in say 2022.

For the way i will use the tickets, i think this is the cheapest way for me to do it. The 3 of us for a 3-day hopper is $1025, for another $1300 i can lock up a future 3 and 4 day trips, and it will be paid for..

* This post was modified at 9/26/13 8:00:55 AM *