Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Gary Story, Former Six Flags Exec, Reportedly Passes Away

Gary Story, Former Six Flags Exec, Reportedly Passes Away

drachen drachen Profile

Posted:
9/22/13 at
9:55:03 PM

News is floating around the internet that the former Six Flags COO, Gary Story, passed away on September 21st.

He was the head of Premier Parks when it purchased a number of parks, including the Six Flags chain in the late 90's.

As a result, Story was the head of Six Flags during the "roller coaster boom" of the late 1990's and early 2000's.

Upon resigning, he stayed under the radar until he resurfaced with another former Six Flags executive, Kieran Burke, to manage a number of smaller parks and water parks, including Clementon Lake.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Gary Story, Former Six Flags Exec, Reportedly Passes Away by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/23/13 1:10:20 PM
I don't pay a lot of attention to the behind-the-scenes personnel, but I've read about Mr. Story. I didn't know he was involved with Clementon here in Joisey.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Gary Story, Former Six Flags Exec, Reportedly Passes Away by drachen drachen Profile at 9/23/13 2:10:46 PM
An article from IAAPA. I didn't know he was IAAPA Chairman at one point.

Gary Story... Story

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.