Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Voyage or Legend down for the season.

Voyage or Legend down for the season.

frontrow frontrow Profile

Posted:
9/22/13 at
5:17:27 PM

I'm leaving for meetings for work tomorrow. I plan on visiting Silver Dollar City for the first time on Friday. I was entertaining the thought of stopping at Holiday World on Saturday. As always I called the park. I was told either The Voyage or The Legend is down for the rest of the season for maintenance. The girl wasn't sure which one, but that alone changed my mind. To me if all 3 wooden coasters are not running, then It's not worth stopping there. I'm now considering SF St. Louis on Saturday, or I just may drive home. I'll see how many finances are. One question to Silver Dollar City regulars; is Outlaw Run big guy friendly? I don't know what kind of restraints Outlaw Run has. Just curious if I should be concerned about a walk of shame. That would be heart breaking.

Re: Voyage or Legend down for the season. by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/22/13 7:36:31 PM
Didn't they report a couple months back that they added seat belts after the Texas death?

I remember reading that it was causing some people to take the walk, so your mileage may vary.

Re: Voyage or Legend down for the season. by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 9/22/13 9:56:07 PM
antikythera said:

Didn't they report a couple months back that they added seat belts after the Texas death?

I remember reading that it was causing some people to take the walk, so your mileage may vary.

Outlaw Run has NOT added seat belts. As far as "big guy" friendly, it depends on how big. When TPR was out at SDC a little while back they didn't have anyone that tried to ride that was turned away- and that was after the adjustments from the Texas Giant incident. From what I've read, 42 inch waists are not a problem, and some up to 46inches have been ok. The other workers over there have told me that they have not had to turn many away because they didn't fit (though it does happen)

There is a test seat outside of the ride where you can check and see if you'll fit.

Friday is a good day to make it to the park if you can. Crowds have been light on Fridays. Saturdays have had crowds twice as large, meaning 60-90 minute waits on Outlaw Run. There is also an app you can download that will give you the wait times.

If you arrive after 3pm, then the next day is free. Be sure to get your ticket for the next day before you leave. The park will close at 6pm both days.

Re: Voyage or Legend down for the season. by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/23/13 8:39:00 AM
Thanks for the information. My waist is 40 inches, so I should be ok on Outlaw Run. I fit on Millennium Force and Dragster this year, but I'm not familiar with the restraints on Outlaw Run. Glad I'm going Friday. Sounds like the weekends are really busy. Really looking forward to my first visit.
Re: Voyage or Legend down for the season. by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 9/23/13 9:04:03 PM
frontrow said:

Thanks for the information. My waist is 40 inches, so I should be ok on Outlaw Run. I fit on Millennium Force and Dragster this year, but I'm not familiar with the restraints on Outlaw Run. Glad I'm going Friday. Sounds like the weekends are really busy. Really looking forward to my first visit.

They did take a inch out of the Rider size allowed on Outlaw Run.

Id say basically if you could ride a GCII Millennium Flyer. Your good to go.

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011