Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Maryland)

New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Maryland)

Joseph

Posted:
4/4/00 at
3:32:26 PM

I've heard there is a new coaster opening this year at 6 Flags in Largo. Has anyone got any news on this? Joe

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by Sam A. Marks at 4/4/00 3:54:22 PM

> I've heard there is a new coaster opening
> this year at 6 Flags in Largo. Has anyone
> got any news on this? Joe

Yep! you can see it and all it's stats at My Six Flags America Page

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by Danny Biggerstaff (CoAsTeRDaN) at 4/4/00 4:13:53 PM

> I've heard there is a new coaster opening
> this year at 6 Flags in Largo. Has anyone
> got any news on this? Joe

Yes they are, its just another clone. SFA can say only one coaster there is original. The funny thing is that didnt even build that one, they just moved it.

Danny

CoAsTeRDaN's PaRk

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by Zimm at 4/4/00 4:34:27 PM

Yes they are, its just another clone. SFA can
> say only one coaster there is original. The
> funny thing is that didnt even build that
> one, they just moved it. Danny

*** How is it a clone when its a few feet shorter than the other S:ROS coasters? The S:ROS at SFA is 200 feet while the other 2 are 208. That can't be a clone since a clone is identical (or a mirror image). Roar isn't a clone either. There is a similar one at SFMW but its not a clone. And I'm assuming the coaster you are referring to is Wild One. Wild World moved it, not Six Flags. And its actually a good thing when an older coaster is saved like the Wild One. So maybe you should give the park some credit for that.

Zimm

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by S W at 4/4/00 4:46:29 PM

I agree with Zimm on this, Roar at SFA is not a clone, it was made in 98, the other Roar was made in 99. I think that all the coasters are pretty good, since they have something that I really like, a short line. I would rather go on Joker's Jinx for 3 hours, than wait in a 3 hour line. I think that you should go back to this park, because things have been changed since the past. I also think that this park might become bigger and better than PKD.

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/4/00 4:55:09 PM

> Yes they are, its just another clone. SFA
> can *** How is it a clone when its a few
> feet shorter than the other S:ROS coasters?
> The S:ROS at SFA is 200 feet while the other
> 2 are 208. That can't be a clone since a
> clone is identical (or a mirror image). Roar
> isn't a clone either. There is a similar one
> at SFMW but its not a clone. And I'm
> assuming the coaster you are referring to is
> Wild One. Wild World moved it, not Six
> Flags. And its actually a good thing when an
> older coaster is saved like the Wild One. So
> maybe you should give the park some credit
> for that. Zimm

________

Yes, but the SFA version of S:ROS has the exact layout of the SFDL version after the 8 foot difference in lift hills. The SFNE version has a completely different layout than the SFDL/SFA layout.

But yes, Roar is not a clone since it was the original (and an excellent coaster at that!!)And while JJ has the exact layout as OL:FOF, the indoor format of OL:FOF makes it a COMPLETELY different ride experience IMO --K

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by Danny Biggerstaff (CoAsTeRDaN) at 4/4/00 4:57:33 PM

> I agree with Zimm on this, Roar at SFA is
> not a clone, it was made in 98, the other
> Roar was made in 99. I think that all the
> coasters are pretty good, since they have
> something that I really like, a short line.
> I would rather go on Joker's Jinx for 3
> hours, than wait in a 3 hour line. I think
> that you should go back to this park,
> because things have been changed since the
> past. I also think that this park might
> become bigger and better than PKD.

Just because a ride is built in a different year doesnt mean its not a clone. But I know there are some VERY small differences, same with the Superman Rides, but overall, they are they same thing. Whats 8 feet, not even the height of a basketball goal). My point being they are just sticking in the same rides everywhere and the Premier way is just wrong. I know other parks do it too and I dont agree with them, but they stop at one or two more, but not old Premier. As far as SFA becoming bigger and better than PKD, that is a joke. SFA has many issues to deal with that PKD doesnt, such as horrible patrons. Heck, SFA doesnt even bother to clean up the trash in the park before they open, I bet there may be some trash lieing around in a few remote places from last season there right now. The rides there are avg at best and you cant get many rides in a day, their capacity is horrible. When I talk to people around Richmond who have actually been to SFA or Adventure World, the typical saying is "NEVER AGAIN". That tells me all I need to know.

Danny

CoAsTeRDaN's PaRk

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by Danny Biggerstaff (CoAsTeRDaN) at 4/4/00 5:10:19 PM

________ Yes, but the SFA version of S:ROS has
> the exact layout of the SFDL version after
> the 8 foot difference in lift hills. The
> SFNE version has a completely different
> layout than the SFDL/SFA layout. But yes,
> Roar is not a clone since it was the
> original (and an excellent coaster at
> that!!)And while JJ has the exact layout as
> OL:FOF, the indoor format of OL:FOF makes it
> a COMPLETELY different ride experience IMO
> --K

Just because Roar at SFA was first doesnt mean its not a clone if there are others like it... As far as OL FOF vs JJ goes, WHO CARES, the both are rough and boring and ugly ! At least PKD hid theirs...

Danny

CoAsTeRDaN's PaRk

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/4/00 5:52:30 PM

> ________ Yes, but the SFA version of S:ROS
> has Just because Roar at SFA was first
> doesnt mean its not a clone if there are
> others like it... As far as OL FOF vs JJ
> goes, WHO CARES, the both are rough and
> boring and ugly ! At least PKD hid theirs...
> Danny

_________

Actually, I would hardly consider OL:FOF boring. While not spectacular, it's combination of tight turns and the final corkscrew in the dark are far from boring IMO.

And neither coasters are rough IMO. Then again, I am not a member or the tissue paper and "fragile, do not break" organization of coaster riders either. --K

Re:More on Roar by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/4/00 5:56:03 PM

> ________ Yes, but the SFA version of S:ROS
> has Just because Roar at SFA was first
> doesnt mean its not a clone if there are
> others like it... As far as OL FOF vs JJ
> goes, WHO CARES, the both are rough and
> boring and ugly ! At least PKD hid theirs...
> Danny

_______

Oh yeah, Roar at SFA IS NOT a clone. It is the original. Only the coasters following it using the same design carry the clone distinction. So while there is another copy of it, the SFA version is not a clone. -- K

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by GR8 Ump at 4/4/00 6:08:21 PM

Just because a ride is built in a different year
> doesnt mean its not a clone.

No, but Roar was an original design. Therefore, it couldnt be a clone!

Whats 8 feet

The size of ur ego...at least SFA has added more coasters to its lineup than both of the major parks in VA combined the past 3 seasons (98,99,00)

My point
> being they are just sticking in the same
> rides everywhere and the Premier way is just
> wrong.

Why is it wrong? Dont like, dont go.

I know other parks do it too and I
> dont agree with them,

Like Paramount???

but they stop at one
> or two more, but not old Premier.

Outer Limits, Grizzly, Hurler, Eiffel Towers...not to mention the Thrill Zone or whatever its correct name is...thats more than 2.

As far as
> SFA becoming bigger and better than PKD,
> that is a joke. SFA has many issues to deal
> with that PKD doesnt, such as horrible
> patrons.

What makes the patrons horrible? Why do u think u are better than the other patrons...I sure dont.

Heck, SFA doesnt even bother to
> clean up the trash in the park before they
> open, I bet there may be some trash lieing
> around in a few remote places from last
> season there right now.

Did u purposely place trash behind obscure objects so you could post this statement?

The rides there are
> avg at best and you cant get many rides in a
> day

As far as flat rides? Other parks, non Premier have them too...IMO, PKD doesnt have enough of a flat ride arsenal.

And when you go to a park that changes it name and adds to new coasters in a season, then decide to go on opening day...of course you arent going to get many rides.

I dont know what u are talking about as far as that goes...I dont think I stood in a line longer than 20 minutes all of last year...actually I take that back...I stood in line for Roar with Bob Hooley for 40 minutes.

When I talk
> to people around Richmond who have actually
> been to SFA or Adventure World, the typical
> saying is "NEVER AGAIN".

Good, make my waiting time even shorter!

GR8 Ump!

OL:FOF by Zimm at 4/4/00 6:13:45 PM

_________ Actually, I would hardly consider
> OL:FOF boring. While not spectacular, it's
> combination of tight turns and the final
> corkscrew in the dark are far from boring
> IMO. And neither coasters are rough IMO.
> Then again, I am not a member or the tissue
> paper and "fragile, do not break"
> organization of coaster riders either. --K

*** OF:FOF is actually one of my favorite coasters. It has the incredible start in the black hole and all the special effects enhances the ride. The lights and the big booming sound when it launches increases the excitement. It has slowed down a bit with that big brake in the middle, but its still a fun ride. They seemed to make it a little brighter inside though :( I remember the first time I went on it I could never see the ground.

Zimm

Re: Here we go.... by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/4/00 6:13:59 PM

Just because a ride is built in a different year
> doesnt mean its not a clone. But I know
> there are some VERY small differences, same
> with the Superman Rides, but overall, they
> are they same thing.

Actually only the SFA and SFDL versions are similar. As far as the Superman rides being the same thing: SFNE S:ROS Hyper is a completely different layout than SFDL or SFA. S:UE is an inverted shuttle, S:KC is a floorless, and S:TE is a shuttle. The "Superman Rides" are overall not the same thing at all.

My point
> being they are just sticking in the same
> rides everywhere and the Premier way is just
> wrong. I know other parks do it too and I
> dont agree with them, but they stop at one
> or two more, but not old Premier.

I am not a big Premier fan either, but I bet if any other ownership like Cedar Fair or Paramount had as many parks they would be forced to install some clones in.

As far as
> SFA becoming bigger and better than PKD,
> that is a joke.

SFA has more available land than PKD, so the bigger issue is completely feasable.

SFA has many issues to deal
> with that PKD doesnt, such as horrible
> patrons. Heck, SFA doesnt even bother to
> clean up the trash in the park before they
> open, I bet there may be some trash lieing
> around in a few remote places from last
> season there right now.

I agree with you on this definitely!

___________ The rides there are
> avg at best and you cant get many rides in a
> day, their capacity is horrible. When I talk
> to people around Richmond who have actually
> been to SFA or Adventure World, the typical
> saying is "NEVER AGAIN". That
> tells me all I need to know. Danny

Yes, SFA has HORRIBLE steel coasters. But, S:ROS will probably be the best coaster at either PKD or SFA. PKD has better steel coasters, but aside from V:TBC their steel coasters not spectacular either. And Roar and Grizzly are both excellent and Wild One is better than RY or Hurler IMO.

Keep in mind that I am not overly fond of SFA right now. I love PKD and have been going there for 16 years now. But, to expect a small park to make a smooth transition to a major themer in one summer is asking a little much. I suspect it will take all of this summer to get SFA near where it needs to be. And yes, I see a very distinct possibility that in 3-5 years SFA will be the bigger park and be operating on a quality level near or at PKD in that time span. Not to disagree with everything you're saying, but I see an argument with a lot of holes in it and no real evidence in your opinion other than a bad visit or two or word of mouth. --K

Re: New coaster at 6 Flags America? (Largo Marylan by Themak at 4/4/00 6:24:32 PM