Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Activity At Freestyle/Hard Rock

Activity At Freestyle/Hard Rock

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
9/19/13 at
11:21:17 AM

Wake me up when something actually HAPPENS.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=948424#.UjsWHNKWYuc

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Activity At Freestyle/Hard Rock by drachen drachen Profile at 9/19/13 11:28:52 AM
beastmaster said:

WAKE UP!!!!

Ok, maybe not. But the rumor is that Ed Hart (of Kentucky Kingdom) is interested in the B&M coaster for his park.

Sounds good to me, though I'd much rather see Hard Rock open back up. I just don't think there is much of a market for a full fledged amusement park in/near beach towns.

Open gate parks/piers? Yes. Closed gate, expensive parks? Not so much.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Activity At Freestyle/Hard Rock by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/19/13 12:25:56 PM
drachen said:

beastmaster said:

WAKE UP!!!!

Noooo, Maaaaa...I don't WANNA go to school today.

I'd love to ride Zep again, but I doubt I'd enjoy it as much without the soundtrack, park visuals, and theming. I thoroughly enjoyed that ride.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Activity At Freestyle/Hard Rock by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 9/19/13 12:43:32 PM
drachen said:

I just don't think there is much of a market for a full fledged amusement park in/near beach towns.

Open gate parks/piers? Yes. Closed gate, expensive parks? Not so much.

I didn't even think of that in that way, and you're right; I can't even think of an exception to the rule. All of these full fledged expensive US parks are in a major city, or atleast within it's suburbs.

* This post was modified at 9/19/13 12:44:16 PM *

Re: Activity At Freestyle/Hard Rock by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/19/13 4:53:02 PM
drachen said:
... But the rumor is that Ed Hart (of Kentucky Kingdom) is interested in the B&M coaster for his park.

That would be great. Zep at KK just might get me back down to Louisville again.

Re: Activity At Freestyle/Hard Rock by drachen drachen Profile at 9/19/13 4:56:22 PM
RobLec said:

drachen said:
... But the rumor is that Ed Hart (of Kentucky Kingdom) is interested in the B&M coaster for his park.

That would be great. Zep at KK just might get me back down to Louisville again.

Zep plus a Twisted Twins re-furb for 2015 will get me down there - no question.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur