Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion?

Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion?

Coaster316

Posted:
9/18/13 at
9:00:13 AM

Ok, I'm taking a wild shot in the dark here but since there are some long time KD visitors on this site, I'm going to take a chance.

I swear when I was a kid there was a girl that worked at the antique cars that had a parakeet on her shoulder while she was working. This would have been like 1978 or 1979 or maybe a little after. I was mesmerized by this and remember wanting to ride the cars over and over to see the bird.

Anybody out there have any memory of this? Or am I totally confusing this with some sort of wild dream?

Re: Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion? by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/18/13 9:39:14 AM
No, before my KD time. Sounds really cool, though. I can't remember what park it was but I saw a male queue monitor/attendant with a beautiful parrot on his shoulder some years ago. I don't think it was a park I go to regularly, so it was one-and-done. But I remember the kids were flocking (pun intended) to see him and it.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion? by Coaster316 at 9/18/13 10:01:01 AM
Very interesting. So maybe it was real if its happened elsewhere, too.

Also...it very well may have been a parrot and not a parakeet now that I think about it.

Re: Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion? by NotSo NotSo Profile at 9/18/13 11:26:26 AM
I love posts like this, i wish i could help but i cant... you sure it wasnt BGT?
Re: Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion? by Coaster316 at 9/18/13 12:47:49 PM
Definitely was KD. My family still talks about me wandering off to ride the antique cars.
Re: Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/18/13 5:11:17 PM
When KD was part of Paramount I'm assuming they had the same QTV material, which included some cartoon clips from that era... but that would have been 1990's and 2000's. Anyway, one of the cartoon clips (can't recall the name, but I can clearly see it in my mind) was a guy visiting a therapist and said he was contemplating wearing an eye patch and a parrot on his shoulder so everyone would call him "Cap'n".

Same series I think where the guy was saying that in Canada the fast food workers had to be bilingual, and here they're not even lingual

Re: Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/19/13 9:55:06 AM
I was there that year but I was so young I have no recollection of that. I only remember that I LOVED the Rebel Yell! :-)

Jen

Re: Anybody Remember THIS At Kings Dominion? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 9/19/13 4:46:46 PM
Replying to my own post, I just remembered the name of the cartoon...

Dr Katz .... wiki