Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > TR: SFNJ [31.08.13]

TR: SFNJ [31.08.13]

CortexBomb CortexBomb Profile

Posted:
9/2/13 at
6:27:52 PM

TR: SFNJ [31.08.13]

Haven't done one of these in a long time, so I'll warn people who don't know me, I write a lot and I don't use pictures or fancy formatting to break up the flow. You've been warned.

Preamble:

So, where to start? SFNJ has been on my list for a number of years. I literally drove past the park the year El Toro opened on the way back from visiting friends in NYC and didn't have the energy to stop even though I'd planned to visit that day. I also narrowly missed going to the park a few weeks ago when Skyrush did me in prematurely. So when I heard that El Toro (the reason for the trip) was open again I spontaneously decided to make the drive over from Pittsburgh to finally get on it.

I didn't leave Pittsburgh until about 6:30, so I didn't get into the park until shortly after noon. The parking lot was not as full as I feared given the long weekend, but I could tell that the lines were going to be long enough to make gold line cutting powers a worthwhile investment. A few dollars lighter, I headed out into the park.

General impressions:

SFNJ is a decently well-themed park for the chain. Not in terms of trees or fauna (though there is some of that) but more in terms of the buildings and the overall layout. It's not actually beautiful, but decent chunks of the park are at least passably themed, which is more than I usually expect.

The park layout, however, leaves a bit to be desired. I found the tendril style layout very odd, as the park is full of midways that are parallel to each other but which don't seem to be connected. On multiple occasions I would try to navigate to one ride and then realize I'd missed a fork and had to backtrack even though the ride I was looking for looked like it should have been right on the midway that I was at. I'm sure repeat visits could alleviate this, but as a first-timer I found the way it was broken up odd and was wishing for the more standard concentric circles or the like.

Operations seemed...passable. But I wasn't waiting in lines either. It's hard for me to judge this at SF parks anymore because I'm a converted gold line cutter at this point and only wait in the normal lines when I think it's not worth even bothering with a reservation.

Rides, in the order I did them (mostly):

Rolling Thunder (1 ride):
is an acceptably decent racing woodie, though it doesn't race anymore. I rode in the back car centre seat (off the wheels, strategy!) and found it a relatively smooth ride given the horror stories that I'd heard about it. Nothing particularly exciting, but a couple of half-ways decent air spots owing, no doubt, to the buzz bars. I'm a bit sad to see this go only because it's a Bill Cobb design, and his coasters are starting to become rare. That said, I'd gladly trade the credit for a ride on the new Intamin drop tower they're putting in.

Kingda Ka (2 rides):
was unexpectedly up, so I queued up for it ASAP fearing a breakdown. First ride was in the back seat, second was in 1.2. I'm not a fan of Dragster because I'm not afraid of it and find the ride, actually, a bit anti-climatic. Kingda Ka is basically the same, except it shakes like hell throughout the ride. The ride in 1.2 was much better than the back in that regard, but methinks SFNJ needs to invest more money in wheels for this ride. Don't think I'll ever be willing to ride this more than once or twice per visit, and only with line cutting powers. Not worth more than a station wait for me.

Aside: Ka was up for a few hours, but then shut down shortly after 3 or 4 and didn't open back up. Not sure if it re-opened later that weekend or not.

Superman (1 ride):
Not a lot to say about this flying coaster. I rode the one in Chicago a long time ago, and the layout for this one, as well as the location, is close to identical. The on your back diving element is quite powerful, but the rest of this ride is a little too tame for my tastes. It does give a nice sensation of flight, but doesn't offer enough actual thrill for me.

Green Lantern (1 ride):
I rode this at least a decade ago in Kentucky and my opinion of it hasn't changed, solid stand-up coaster. It has a nice mixture of elements and delivers an acceptably smooth ride (and honestly, I know some people complain about this one, or did, but once you've ridden Iron Wolf or whatever it's called now, all other stand-ups seem smooth by comparison :-)

Nitro (5-6 rides?):
I'm not normally a fan of the B&M hypers, as I find them a little too tame on the air, and a little too staid with the transitions, but Nitro is a damn good ride. I only rode it back seat, and I have to say, this is easily the best of the big Beemers that I've been on (though I've not been on any of the recent (post-2006) installs.

Great air hills on the way out, very nice drops that pull you sideways on the way down, and a very long ride all make this memorable for me. I particularly like the diving drops on these trains because I always feel so exposed with only the clamshell restraint, it feels, for some reason, much more flimsy to me than even the Intamin Skyrush or their standard hyper lap restraints, I found myself bracing my legs on the seat when the train would make some of the crazy transitions...always a good sign! On some reflection, probably my #7 steel. Probably.

El Toro (5-6 rides?) (Coaster #200, finally):
Back seat rides only.

I have to say, I walked up to El Toro expecting to like it, but also expecting to be under-whelmed. I remember when Colossos opened in 2002 and I think I was one of the few people in the group I was with who only liked it. It was a good ride, probably still IS a good ride, but it was just too smooth, too staid, and lacked a real punch. It sits somewhere in the high teens to low 20s in my wood coaster ranks, just below Shivering Timbers. Too predictable. Looking at El Toro, I expected about the same, Intamin steel type hills, but little beyond that.

El Toro does have great air. But it has air in spots that I wasn't at all expecting. Great first drop? OK. Great second and third drops? Check. Great sideways tearing drop after the second turn? Awesome!

Where it really surprised me the most though was the finale. I saw video of it once, and didn't expect much. The actual ride experience is really, really excellent though, the coaster just tears through the lateral turning sections, dragging you around in a way very similar to Voyage. This is worth a lot of bonus points for me. I think without that section I would like it only marginally more than Colossos. With the twistery section it's a great, much more complete ride.

So where do I have it sitting overall? #2 wood, #3 overall. I put Voyage in front of it, then Skyrush, then El Toro. Here's why I ding it versus Voyage:

1: The setting is crap in comparison. I have a terrain bias because it creates a great sensation of remoteness and speed, Toro can't match that. I also really like the tunnels on Voyage, again, they create a sense of power and speed.

2: Length. Toro isn't a short ride, but Voyage's length is an asset for it here.

3: The middle section (first turn, two following hills) is lacklustre. The turn would be good, but in the back the train jumps around, a lot. It negatively impacted my ability to re-ride it actually. More problematically, the two hills that follow through the structure are a little too rampy and just don't deliver the kind of the power that the rest of the ride does. I feel that Voyage is much more solid throughout.

None of this is to say that it isn't a great ride though, it most definitely is. It's easily my #2 wood. And with Voyage and Skyrush it's safely in its own echelon in my rankings, at least an order of magnitude above the stuff that sits directly below it. Truly magnificent. Though I'm annoyed because now I want to go ride Balder. :laugh:

Medusa (1 ride):
is not a bad floorless coaster, but I've yet to go on one of these that actually impresses me. I also think this and Green Lantern are infringing on too much common space to be in the same park. I generally find the stand-up experience more powerful on these style B&M looping layouts, so I preferred that ride here. Medusa isn't bad, but honestly. the floorless thing has always been a bit silly to me, if you're not in the front car the sensation is really no different than riding in a standard looping train ala Kumba. Decent.

Runaway Mine Train (1 ride):
Credit collector me felt a bit less silly going on this when I was paired with a group of 3 kids from the line cut queue. Though unspectacular, the Runaway Mine Train is a charming family ride that makes pretty good use of its water-side setting. I can see where this would make a good first coaster for many junior thrill seekers.

Skull Mountain (1 ride):
I love themed indoor twister rides. Eurosat at Europa is really this in a nutshell, but it has a better theme (Trance music) and a longer ride experience. I found Skull Mountain extremely entertaining, I couldn't see visiting the park without going on it at least once as I love the combination of darkness and nasty turns. Again, I just wish the ride was longer.

Dark Knight (1 ride):
I love Mack mice, but this (the first DK coaster I've been on) was really, really, really lacklustre. Way, way, way too short. The pre-show was decent, but they really need to have a longer ride to even justify waiting through that show for. I'm amazed that SF wasted the money to install this ride in multiple parks, as I assume they're all clones.

Batman: The Ride (1 ride):
Front. I still really like Batman, I've been on the ride in a number of different places over the years, but I still think this is one fine example of inverted design. Though it's not as big and impressive as favourites like Montu and Fire (or whatever they call it now) I still think the intensity and pacing of Batman is second to none, it just screams through the layout. I honestly still have debates with myself everytime I go on it as to whether I'm under-rating it versus the other inverts because it always impresses me.

And that was my day at the park. I left a bit after 9 even though I could have gotten more Toro rides because I was physically beaten due to the early wake-up time and long day of driving and walking.

I have to say that SFNJ impressed me overall though. It has two rides that I would call destination rides in El Toro and Nitro, and rounds it out with a nice collection of other favourites. I see myself re-visiting soon.

Thanks for reading.

* This post was modified at 9/2/13 6:33:18 PM *

Michael W.
235: 63 (20 CCI/GG) / 172
Voyage / Eurosat
R.I.P.: Riverside Cyclone...
Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/2/13 7:06:18 PM
Nice TR! I'm so glad you liked my park! Yes, it's mine now. I've been practically living there so I have claimed squatters rights, LOL! You actually had a very decent number of rides for a Saturday, even with a Gold FP.

The park layout, however, leaves a bit to be desired. I found the tendril style layout very odd, as the park is full of midways that are parallel to each other but which don't seem to be connected. On multiple occasions I would try to navigate to one ride and then realize I'd missed a fork and had to backtrack even though the ride I was looking for looked like it should have been right on the midway that I was at. I'm sure repeat visits could alleviate this, but as a first-timer I found the way it was broken up odd and was wishing for the more standard concentric circles or the like.

I agree. Every time I"m there I'm giving people directions, mostly between El Toro and Ka. There used to be a pathway connecting the two sides but they closed it. Then there was the Safari Adventures with animal exhibits that connected them, it closed at 6 pm but at least you could use it during the day. They closed that too since the animals have been moved to Camp Adventura in the safari. The only reason I can come up with that they have not opened the path back up is it forces people to walk the boardwalk and therefore the park has a better chance in getting some revenue from game playing. I complain about this in every survey. Hopefully it will be corrected next year with the drop tower opening.

Rolling Thunder (1 ride):
is an acceptably decent racing woodie, though it doesn't race anymore. I rode in the back car centre seat (off the wheels, strategy!) and found it a relatively smooth ride given the horror stories that I'd heard about it. Nothing particularly exciting, but a couple of half-ways decent air spots owing, no doubt, to the buzz bars. I'm a bit sad to see this go only because it's a Bill Cobb design, and his coasters are starting to become rare. That said, I'd gladly trade the credit for a ride on the new Intamin drop tower they're putting in.

It depends when the people have ridden it. Rolling Thunder varies from year to year in how rough it is. The last few years it actually hasn't been nearly as bad as in the past. They used to predominantly run the right side and only had the left open when crowds were large enough. Now that the right side is permanently closed the left side seems pretty good. Probably because it was hardly used all these years. They were racing in the beginning of the season before the right side was shut down.

Kingda Ka (2 rides):
was unexpectedly up, so I queued up for it ASAP fearing a breakdown. First ride was in the back seat, second was in 1.2. I'm not a fan of Dragster because I'm not afraid of it and find the ride, actually, a bit anti-climatic. Kingda Ka is basically the same, except it shakes like hell throughout the ride. The ride in 1.2 was much better than the back in that regard, but methinks SFNJ needs to invest more money in wheels for this ride. Don't think I'll ever be willing to ride this more than once or twice per visit, and only with line cutting powers. Not worth more than a station wait for me.

NEVER ride KK (or TTD) in the back! Always front or second row. The shaking actually depends on the train as well. Some trains are smoother than others.

Superman (1 ride):
Not a lot to say about this flying coaster. I rode the one in Chicago a long time ago, and the layout for this one, as well as the location, is close to identical. The on your back diving element is quite powerful, but the rest of this ride is a little too tame for my tastes. It does give a nice sensation of flight, but doesn't offer enough actual thrill for me.

I HATE this coaster. I used to ride it only when I was with someone who really wanted to go on but the last time I did that I got stuck on the brake run for 30 min in the sweltering heat and the bottom of my feet got sunburned. Never again.

Green Lantern (1 ride):
I rode this at least a decade ago in Kentucky and my opinion of it hasn't changed, solid stand-up coaster. It has a nice mixture of elements and delivers an acceptably smooth ride (and honestly, I know some people complain about this one, or did, but once you've ridden Iron Wolf or whatever it's called now, all other stand-ups seem smooth by comparison :-)

I agree - it is probably the best of the stand-ups. A front row is a must though - the back rows are very rough.

Nitro (5-6 rides?):
I'm not normally a fan of the B&M hypers, as I find them a little too tame on the air, and a little too staid with the transitions, but Nitro is a damn good ride. I only rode it back seat, and I have to say, this is easily the best of the big Beemers that I've been on (though I've not been on any of the recent (post-2006) installs.

Great air hills on the way out, very nice drops that pull you sideways on the way down, and a very long ride all make this memorable for me. I particularly like the diving drops on these trains because I always feel so exposed with only the clamshell restraint, it feels, for some reason, much more flimsy to me than even the Intamin Skyrush or their standard hyper lap restraints, I found myself bracing my legs on the seat when the train would make some of the crazy transitions...always a good sign! On some reflection, probably my #7 steel. Probably.

I may be biased since this is my home park but Nitro is by far the best B&M hyper IMO. I have not ridden the Canadian ones yet though. They better get her a paint job in the off season - it's really looking worn and old.

El Toro (5-6 rides?) (Coaster #200, finally):
Back seat rides only.

I have to say, I walked up to El Toro expecting to like it, but also expecting to be under-whelmed. I remember when Colossos opened in 2002 and I think I was one of the few people in the group I was with who only liked it. It was a good ride, probably still IS a good ride, but it was just too smooth, too staid, and lacked a real punch. It sits somewhere in the high teens to low 20s in my wood coaster ranks, just below Shivering Timbers. Too predictable. Looking at El Toro, I expected about the same, Intamin steel type hills, but little beyond that.

El Toro does have great air. But it has air in spots that I wasn't at all expecting. Great first drop? OK. Great second and third drops? Check. Great sideways tearing drop after the second turn? Awesome!

Where it really surprised me the most though was the finale. I saw video of it once, and didn't expect much. The actual ride experience is really, really excellent though, the coaster just tears through the lateral turning sections, dragging you around in a way very similar to Voyage. This is worth a lot of bonus points for me. I think without that section I would like it only marginally more than Colossos. With the twistery section it's a great, much more complete ride.

ET was running beautifully when we rode it on Friday. That last hill is the one that always gets me - LOVE it!

Medusa (1 ride):
is not a bad floorless coaster, but I've yet to go on one of these that actually impresses me. I also think this and Green Lantern are infringing on too much common space to be in the same park. I generally find the stand-up experience more powerful on these style B&M looping layouts, so I preferred that ride here. Medusa isn't bad, but honestly. the floorless thing has always been a bit silly to me, if you're not in the front car the sensation is really no different than riding in a standard looping train ala Kumba. Decent.

Thank you for calling her by her proper name ;-). I completely disagree with your assessment of Medusa vs GL - they are nothing alike. I can ride Medusa all day (last row naturally, the front row sucks) but even before my ankle surgeries I could never do that with GL. Even when I'm having a bad "wee" day and nothing seems to give me my long sought after "butterflies in the tummy" feeling Medusa always will coming out of the loop. I love that coaster. Can't say I'd ever use the word love with GL.

Runaway Mine Train (1 ride):
Credit collector me felt a bit less silly going on this when I was paired with a group of 3 kids from the line cut queue. Though unspectacular, the Runaway Mine Train is a charming family ride that makes pretty good use of its water-side setting. I can see where this would make a good first coaster for many junior thrill seekers.

Gotta love the advertising vandalism that's recently taken place on it - Poor Runaway Train!

Skull Mountain (1 ride):
I love themed indoor twister rides. Eurosat at Europa is really this in a nutshell, but it has a better theme (Trance music) and a longer ride experience. I found Skull Mountain extremely entertaining, I couldn't see visiting the park without going on it at least once as I love the combination of darkness and nasty turns. Again, I just wish the ride was longer.

I appreciate this one more and more each year. I remember the year it opened and me and my friends were highly disappointed. I thought it sucked. Then the Dark Knight came and I realized what sucking really was. :-)

Dark Knight (1 ride):
I love Mack mice, but this (the first DK coaster I've been on) was really, really, really lacklustre. Way, way, way too short. The pre-show was decent, but they really need to have a longer ride to even justify waiting through that show for. I'm amazed that SF wasted the money to install this ride in multiple parks, as I assume they're all clones.

It sucks.

Batman: The Ride (1 ride):
Front. I still really like Batman, I've been on the ride in a number of different places over the years, but I still think this is one fine example of inverted design. Though it's not as big and impressive as favourites like Montu and Fire (or whatever they call it now) I still think the intensity and pacing of Batman is second to none, it just screams through the layout. I honestly still have debates with myself everytime I go on it as to whether I'm under-rating it versus the other inverts because it always impresses me.

I agree.

I have to say that SFNJ impressed me overall though. It has two rides that I would call destination rides in El Toro and Nitro, and rounds it out with a nice collection of other favourites. I see myself re-visiting soon.

Thanks for reading.

Glad you had a good day!

Jen

Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/2/13 8:54:00 PM
Nice Tr!
I do agree on some levels about floorless coasters as 'gimmicky' compared to sitdowns. But I don't really mind that much as I do like being able to swing my legs out instead of being confined into the car. That said, I agree with you about Kumba, that is my favorite sitdown coaster.

Superman:UF, it's nothing great. I never liked the pretzel loop part of it. I do give it credit for being a flying coaster, but having rode Manta, those superman clones are all very inferior. Also the single station is terrible for loading and should've been a dual loading station. If the line is longer than 30min, it is not worth the wait imo.

If you are talking about the Fire dragon of now 'harry potter' island, then yeah that is a fairly good invert too. Montu will always be tops on my list. I liked Batman the ride, but I can only judge it better if I got more rides on it (I only got 1 ride when I was last there).

DK, agreed, the pre show is nice, but by the time you get to the ride it is just a standard wild mouse against cardboard cut outs. If they had the spinning cars and maybe some interactive anamatronic robots or flame throwers firing around the tracks to make it truly scary, then the short ride could've been better. As is, it is just a mouse in the box. It's good for ac on hot days, but otherwise, your time is best spent on more Nitro or Batman tr rides.

Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 9/2/13 9:20:02 PM
I loved your comparison between Voyage and El Toro. As much as I like El Toro,Voyage is twice the coaster because of the length of the intensity!! After riding Voyage,it feels as though you have just been in a 10 round boxing match vs Mike Tyson!!! It has everything you want in a coaster with the airtime hills,the tunnels,the crazy lateral g's!!!

Jen....I have to disagree with you and Beastmaster about Green Lantern. I found the back seat is much smoother than the front on that ride. Amazing but true....lol

Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/3/13 12:54:42 AM
Great TR. Six Flags Great Adventure is my favorite park, so I love reading reports from first time visitors. I'm from the Pittsburgh area also. I live in Monessen, which is 21 miles up river from Kennywood. Congratulations on your 200th coaster. Glad you liked El Toro and Nitro. El Toro is my personal favorite. Glad you had a good time at a great park.
Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by CortexBomb CortexBomb Profile at 9/3/13 2:49:35 PM
@GoYanks34

re: Medusa/Green Lantern

I don't think I would ever use to word love with any stand-up or floorless in general. I can see why some would prefer the sit down looping versions, but I just feel like the layouts have a very similar flow, pacing, and series of regularized inversions. Swooping drop, I-loop, double inversion element, air drop off the block, interlocking corkscrews, &c.

That's why I feel that having both types in the same park is overkill. SFNJ is big enough where I could see it, and it's certainly better than having a mega looper like GASM there (obviously never rode it, but have been on sisters Vortex at KI and Shockwave at SF Chicago and never cared for either).

FWIW, I would say that the flat roll on Medusa is quite good, and is something I've not seen on a stand-up (perhaps for the best!)

I don't really have a strong opinion on seat location on either of these ride types either. I do like the front for the visuals, but on most looping rides my seat doesn't matter all that much to me. I've not noticed the back of any of them being particularly brutal though.

@Cyclone Phil

re: Inverts.

I think I would still list Montu as my favourite, then Fire (IoA) and then Batman, but again, as I said, I'm not entirely sold on that. I like Montu's batwing and Fire's setting, but I do actually think Batman might be the most intense one of the group, and that is worth a lot to me.

Michael W.
Voyage / Eurosat
Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 9/3/13 4:59:56 PM
Nice TR! too bad I don't have time atm to read the lengthy resonses but I'll chime in for a second.

Surprised you don't like KK, I for one think KK and Dragster are...monuments to where coasters have gotten. Alas it's a one trick pony, or erm...a shaky, one trick pony, but it's a pony I love and hey, it's the highest spot in the sky on the green earth while on a coaster. But hey! everyone's opinion is different.

Glad you got on RT, it's gonna be gone soon :(

Also VERY HAPPY you like my baby Nitro. My favorite coaster due to the ride experience, the sentimental value, and the view. I feel like if it wasn't my home park, it'd still be top dog in the B&M Hyper Coaster fight.

I agree about the layout of the park. It sucks, but hey, it's home for me! haha.

Thanks for writing this up. Hope you make it out there again!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/3/13 7:50:45 PM
Nice report, Michael.*

I am surprised to learn this was your first ever visit to SFGAdv, even as I (think I) know you used to live in MI (back when you were more involved in this "enthusiasm").

Anyway, you made some good points after your first visit and it seems like you would be willing to revisit the park based on visit #1.

I won't analyze/debate all your impressions vs mine, but I do agree re KK (to me, it's simply not worth a wait longer than 30 minutes), and I like that you used the name Medusa instead of...you know. But I disagree somewhat as Medusa is my favorite floorless, it is still better to me than any other.

I haven't been to SFGAdv since ACE event Riding of the Bull Tres, and am looking forward to this weekend's ROTB Cinco. Having ERT on the bookends of the park...El Toro and Nitro...a nice thing, as both are worth multiple rides IMO no matter when.

Nitro? Right on, one of the best B&M non-loopers IMO.

You should consider a re-visit in 2014: RoTB Seis!

* not another Mike in here, a good thing... :-)

Mike B.
Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by CortexBomb CortexBomb Profile at 9/4/13 7:21:09 AM
re: Name use

I generally prefer to use the original name for a ride unless it has actually been significantly changed (i.e.: need to differentiate Hades from Hades 360; or in a much older example, I would differentiate Avalanche Run from Disaster Transport). I still call the NE Superman SROS as well.

re: Stratas

I dunno, I've never been a big fan of these rides. I wasn't excited about Dragster when it was first announced, and I never took to the ride experience. I just need some variety, some twists and turns, a complete ride experience. I'd much rather go on something 370 feet shorter with a few good air hills and directional changes...actually this is making me think of the Cornball Express. :laugh:

re: Enthusiast Events

I might try to hit some of these in the coming year Mike. One thing that I do know I'm going to do if it's at all humanly possible is get back to Holiwood Nights for the first time in an age. I do have my ACE dues renewed, so I'll be eligible to come out to them, it's just a matter of getting things coordinated.

Michael W.
Voyage / Eurosat
Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/4/13 1:09:55 PM
Yeah I agree about Batman being an intense ride. I like Montu because it is better paced and doesn't feel as cramped as Batman does.

I also agree about Ka. I wished they did more with it since it has the otsr. Maybe add a giant loop and helix or something. Seems like such a waste of energy. Sure the hill is nice, but then the breaks at the bottom sucks out the rest of the energy and you can't really appreciate the air time as much.

Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/4/13 1:30:12 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

I also agree about Ka. I wished they did more with it since it has the otsr. Maybe add a giant loop and helix or something. Seems like such a waste of energy. Sure the hill is nice, but then the breaks at the bottom sucks out the rest of the energy and you can't really appreciate the air time as much.

or convert to lapbars... TTD style heh

Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/4/13 3:06:36 PM
As long as they add a few hills and a helix :)
Re: TR: SFNJ [31.08.13] by alpengeistno3 at 9/4/13 11:19:51 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Yeah I agree about Batman being an intense ride. I like Montu because it is better paced and doesn't feel as cramped as Batman does.

Or bolt a low capacity drop ride on the front of it? Oh yeah, that is probably a BIGGER waste of energy!! :)

Paul