Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SF America 2014 Season Pass

SF America 2014 Season Pass

lauraj lauraj Profile

Posted:
9/2/13 at
1:12:01 PM

Anyone interested in meeting up at SFA and getting Season Passes for next year? If we all bring cash and buy our tickets together, we can get a great discount and FREE parking for all the SF parks next year. Since I only buy one ticket, I can never take advantage of the "Buy 4" upgrades.

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by alpengeistno3 at 9/2/13 1:43:55 PM
When did you plan to go? By the way, do we all get free parking or is it just 1 pass?

Paul

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/2/13 1:51:51 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

When did you plan to go? By the way, do we all get free parking or is it just 1 pass?


Paul

GrAdv's doing it for ALL purchasers making up the "4" so I imagine SFAm is the same dealie.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/2/13 3:20:26 PM
What day are you thinking? I'm trying to wait until October since I need to save for San Diego in a week.
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by lauraj lauraj Profile at 9/2/13 3:52:26 PM
It looks like you get free parking on ALL the passes and they are $54.99 each, instead of $89.99 (the price if you buy only one Gold pass). I was thinking of going on a weekend at the end of September. Sept 28 and 29th you can "bring a friend free," (so I could bring my son to ride a coaster or two). But, I am pretty flexible on the date, SFA is only 45 mins for me. I may have a friend interested, so we only need two more people.
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by alpengeistno3 at 9/2/13 5:05:30 PM
lauraj said:

It looks like you get free parking on ALL the passes and they are $54.99 each, instead of $89.99 (the price if you buy only one Gold pass). I was thinking of going on a weekend at the end of September. Sept 28 and 29th you can "bring a friend free," (so I could bring my son to ride a coaster or two). But, I am pretty flexible on the date, SFA is only 45 mins for me. I may have a friend interested, so we only need two more people.

Could actually work. Skins are away, so I should be free. You may have your 4, if you have a friend coming.

Paul

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by lauraj lauraj Profile at 9/2/13 5:35:20 PM
Awesome. It is 4 or more, so if anyone else is interested, more the merrier.
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/2/13 5:54:35 PM
lauraj said:

Awesome. It is 4 or more, so if anyone else is interested, more the merrier.

I might have considered, but the $13 difference between SFA and SFGrAdv would be completely outweighed by gas, even if I took back roads to avoid tolls. Planning on being part of a group buy at GrAdv this weekend.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/2/13 7:38:30 PM
beastmaster said:

lauraj said:

Awesome. It is 4 or more, so if anyone else is interested, more the merrier.

I might have considered, but the $13 difference between SFA and SFGrAdv would be completely outweighed by gas, even if I took back roads to avoid tolls. Planning on being part of a group buy at GrAdv this weekend.

Speaking of which, is there an easier way to go that will avoid those damn tolls. I'm going to ROTB -- unfortunately it starts early in the morning so I'm going to have to leave at the crack of dawn and I'm not sure if I feel comfortable driving backroads that early, although I'm curious if it will save me on tolls. I'm already going to pay a decent amount in gas.

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/2/13 8:10:37 PM
Paul can probably answer that better than I can, since you're both in Maryland. I don't know that there's any route to COMPLETELY avoid tolls. I've found a way to cut them down when I go to VA.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by alpengeistno3 at 9/2/13 10:19:04 PM
There are 2 tolls that you can easily beat. When you cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge, get on 295 instead of the NJ Turnpike. You will get off at 195 E, just like you would from the Turnpike, TOLL FREE!

The second one, to avoid the Delaware Memorial Bridge toll on your return trip, take 195 W all the way to the end (it will turn into Rt 29. Hopefully you have GPS because you will go through a tunnel and have to do a little bit of merging to get to I95 (I think it is Rt 1). You only have to pay one toll (it used to be .75, but tolls went up after July 1) Take I95 straight back to MD and you know the drill from there. (If you want to have a "good" late night meal, set your GPS for Geno's or Pat's Cheesesteaks. They are open 24 hrs and you will pass right by.)

I have a friend of a friend that says there is a way to avoid the toll in crossing from Delaware back into MD, but with it always being dark, late and kind of off the beaten path, I just go ahead and eat that toll.

You can go around the Baltimore Beltway the long way to avoid the Baltimore toll, but it is definitely NOT worth it.

Paul

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by lauraj lauraj Profile at 9/3/13 3:37:11 AM
I always go around 695 "the long way" to avoid the Baltimore toll(Fort McHenry tunnel). As long as you are not going at rush hour it is worth it. Adds about 7 - 10 mins to the drive, but saves the $4 (soon to be $5).
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by ktujon ktujon Profile at 9/3/13 9:30:46 AM
Speaking of SFA I know some of you are near Gaithersburg, MD. I've taken the ICC and its pretty nice to avoid rush hour and weekend traffic but I didn't realize the beltway is surprisingly empty around 10am on a weekday!
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/3/13 10:05:07 AM
Yeah, the ICC is five minutes from my apartment. It's a crapshoot. I have a Pontiac Grand AM GT that gets a measly ~29 miles/highway that drops to ~19 miles/city. The extra miles going around 495 past College Park toward 95 and up add up to the tolls that I'll probably hit that early in the morning. I think it's only $2.70 that early on a weekend to go the whole length of the ICC to 95. I'm going to take a deeper look into the alternate paths for the bridge, tunnel and turnpike. They sound like good alternatives, but with my car it may end up costing me more. On the flipside, I could go for a nice cheesesteak. :)

Thanks everyone.

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/3/13 11:30:04 AM
antikythera said:

Yeah, the ICC is five minutes from my apartment. It's a crapshoot. I have a Pontiac Grand AM GT that gets a measly ~29 miles/highway that drops to ~19 miles/city. The extra miles going around 495 past College Park toward 95 and up add up to the tolls that I'll probably hit that early in the morning. I think it's only $2.70 that early on a weekend to go the whole length of the ICC to 95. I'm going to take a deeper look into the alternate paths for the bridge, tunnel and turnpike. They sound like good alternatives, but with my car it may end up costing me more. On the flipside, I could go for a nice cheesesteak. :)


Thanks everyone.

Geno's is open 24 hrs so if you stop on the way in bring me one! They're delicious! :-)

Jen

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/3/13 11:59:40 AM
^^Might do better for you than Mexican :)
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by alpengeistno3 at 9/3/13 6:44:49 PM
lauraj said:

I always go around 695 "the long way" to avoid the Baltimore toll(Fort McHenry tunnel). As long as you are not going at rush hour it is worth it. Adds about 7 - 10 mins to the drive, but saves the $4 (soon to be $5).

Coming from Southern MD, it would add at least 30 miles to the trip (I take 895 straight to 95 on the other side of Towson). I would consider it a toss up if you are coming from points west of 95, but if you are leaving in the morning, the traffic going to I83 can be brutal (I had to take classes at Towson U. one summer and it took anywhere from 1 1/2- 2 hrs to get through there.

Paul

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by alpengeistno3 at 9/3/13 6:48:32 PM
GoYanks34 said:


Geno's is open 24 hrs so if you stop on the way in bring me one! They're delicious! :-)

Jen

I'm sure you would love to have a cheesesteak with your Churro next time we meet, but only a crazy man would take 95 during rush hour Philly traffic (I did that once going to Dorney and it turned my 3 1/2 hr trip into a 5 1/2 hr nightmare thanks to an Eagles game that I forgot to account for.)

Paul

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/3/13 7:03:38 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:



Geno's is open 24 hrs so if you stop on the way in bring me one! They're delicious! :-)

Jen

I'm sure you would love to have a cheesesteak with your Churro next time we meet, but only a crazy man would take 95 during rush hour Philly traffic (I did that once going to Dorney and it turned my 3 1/2 hr trip into a 5 1/2 hr nightmare thanks to an Eagles game that I forgot to account for.)

Paul

A churro and a cheesesteak - I think I just threw up in my mouth a little....

I was thinking of just bringing it to First Aid to put it in their refrigerator and telling them this was a medical necessity since I was going to be in the park on a bad foot for about 17 hours straight and would surely need something other than park food by the end of the night to survive. ;-)

Jen

Re: SF America 2014 Season Pass by alpengeistno3 at 9/5/13 12:30:44 AM
You can write yourself a "prescription" to make it legit, Dr. Jen :)

Paul