Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Wildwood Woodie??

Wildwood Woodie??

chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile

Posted:
8/31/13 at
12:12:53 PM

I am also curious what happened to the plans with the new wooden coaster that was proposed for Wildwood?? That would have been a great coaster from the looks of it. It was suppose to go over and under the piers!!

Re: Wildwood Woodie?? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/31/13 1:30:32 PM
chitlins73 said:

I am also curious what happened to the plans with the new wooden coaster that was proposed for Wildwood?? That would have been a great coaster from the looks of it. It was suppose to go over and under the piers!!

It's still in the works:

2015?? - New Wooden Coaster - Planning - (1/14/13) The Morey’s talked a bit about the long in development wooden coaster planned to span the piers, which they expect to make a final decision on sometime over the Summer. Once construction starts, the huge project is expected to take about 18 months to complete, so we looking at a Mid-2015 opening at the earliest if they start work by the end of the year on the GCI ride. While the official name has not been selected, the Morey brothers did offer their own suggestions for possible names: The Boardwalk Flyer or The Wildwoody.

Jen

Re: Wildwood Woodie?? by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/31/13 1:39:57 PM
chitlins73 said:

My guess is it's held up in Enviornmental Impact Studies, and all sorts of other Roadblocks.

To be fair though, Morey's made it clear when they showed the proposal that is wasn't a immediate or even definite announcement. Just a proposed wooden coaster.

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: Wildwood Woodie?? by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/31/13 1:59:28 PM
Well that statement says that the final decision will be made sometime over this summer. Summer is coming to a close soon...lol