Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker)

Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker)

CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile

Posted:
8/30/13 at
1:53:42 PM

https://www.worldsoffun.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker) by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/30/13 2:13:55 PM
I kind of like that they changed the name. We'll all know it's just WindSeeker but the GP will prob eat this up.
Re: Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker) by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/30/13 5:17:49 PM
antikythera said:

I kind of like that they changed the name. We'll all know it's just WindSeeker but the GP will prob eat this up.

The park has a Top Spin called Thunderhawk. One of the few that actually drenched us repeatedly with the water effects and gave us a seven spin finale. Of course this was five years ago. Don't now if they do it anymore but the ride is still named Thunderhawk
https://www.worldsoffun.com/rides/Thrill-Rides/ThunderHawk

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker) by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/30/13 5:30:28 PM
I just love (searching for dripping sarcasm font) how the PR BS really, really, really gets all excited about new attractions that will be this, and will be that, are are this and and are that and you will be and you will...on and on.

What makes anyone think it will be more reliable simply because it moves from CA to MO? MO is the "show me state" and if people are not "shown" then this would be nothing more than a(nother) hyped up good idea gone bad.

Mike B.
Re: Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker) by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/30/13 7:00:17 PM
Agreed. That one from knotts was the one that made the news constantly for all the wrong reasons. Unless they are optimistic that it is issue free, that's the windseeker i would avoid the most of the ones in the chain.
Re: Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker) by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/30/13 7:05:52 PM
MABrider said:

I just love (searching for dripping sarcasm font) how the PR BS really, really, really gets all excited about new attractions that will be this, and will be that, are are this and and are that and you will be and you will...on and on.

What makes anyone think it will be more reliable simply because it moves from CA to MO? MO is the "show me state" and if people are not "shown" then this would be nothing more than a(nother) hyped up good idea gone bad.

Windseeker Knotts had no more problems than any other windseekers. Its Just the pussification of California of people who'll scream about being stuck on a lifthill or Windseeker for a hour or two and those same people sit in traffic jams for three hours at a time. California did not renew its operating license.

Nothing wrong with the ride, KI's has been going strong all year except the two days they closed it due to CP's hiccup. It takes 45 minutes to reset the ride and bring it down if some sensor somewhere shuts it down.

Re: Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker) by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/30/13 7:06:12 PM
The Show-Me Seeker. It has to prove or 'show' us that it's capable not being a liability like it was at KBF. Too bad it didn't work out for Knotts, as it provided a great view of the surrounding area.
Re: Steelhawk, New for WOF. Told ya so. (Knotts Windseeker) by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/30/13 7:09:06 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Agreed. That one from knotts was the one that made the news constantly for all the wrong reasons. Unless they are optimistic that it is issue free, that's the windseeker i would avoid the most of the ones in the chain.

There's nothing wrong with the ride. Like a lift-hill stopping because a motion sensor said there's a train in the next block. Windseekers could shut down if a gust of wind hits 300ft up and puts a couple of the rider carriages out of reasonable orbit. It takes 45 minutes to a hour to get a mechanic and reset the rides..