Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFNE announcement

SFNE announcement

MABrider MABrider Profile

Posted:
8/30/13 at
7:22:50 AM

Another one, the kind I like; they keep gettting taller and taller.

SFNE Screaming Swing

Mike B.
Re: SFNE announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/30/13 7:59:44 AM
MABrider said:

I like these better than the Windseekers that's for sure. No comparison. The one at SFGadv is 425 feet so I doubt this one is going to be any taller.

Jen

Re: SFNE announcement by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/30/13 10:21:38 AM
Jen, your version is 242 feet.

I wasn't expecting SFNE to get one in the 400 foot range. I would have thought they would have left it for the Texas Skyscreamer as it makes sense to put the biggest one in your original location.

Re: SFNE announcement by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/30/13 11:49:52 AM
MABrider said:

Should be a hell of a view from up there twice as tall as Superman ROS. I will not call it that Biz name

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: SFNE announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/30/13 8:17:51 PM
antikythera said:

Jen, your version is 242 feet.

I wasn't expecting SFNE to get one in the 400 foot range. I would have thought they would have left it for the Texas Skyscreamer as it makes sense to put the biggest one in your original location.

Boy was I odd on that one. Me and Jon were talking about it when we were a the park on Monday and I looked it up on my cell phone. I apparently read that very wrong, LOL!

Jen

Re: SFNE announcement by bruceturner01 at 9/2/13 9:17:29 PM
It looks like SFNE is putting the Sky Screamer over in the area where the Catapult(Swat)was. I wonder if it will be seen from the intersection of the River Road and Main Street.

Bruce................

Re: SFNE announcement by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 9/2/13 9:22:20 PM
So this one is going to be taller than the one that just broke the record at six Flags Over Texas????
Re: SFNE announcement by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/2/13 10:04:04 PM
According to Wikipedia, take it or leave it, it's the same height, at least the actual ride. All the fluff at the top may put it a few insignificant feet different from each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyScreamer

Re: SFNE announcement by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 9/3/13 4:51:58 PM
That is what I thought...lol. They all want to claim they have the highest..
Re: SFNE announcement by MABrider MABrider Profile at 9/3/13 8:00:37 PM
bruceturner01 said:

It looks like SFNE is putting the Sky Screamer over in the area where the Catapult(Swat)was. I wonder if it will be seen from the intersection of the River Road and Main Street.

Bruce................

Hey, who IS this Bruce personage?
;-)

May be too close to see from that intersection...trees might get in the way.
It would definitely be visible from the route 5 bridge over the river, which is a few miles away...I always look left to see S:ROS and Scream.

Mike B.
Re: SFNE announcement by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 9/4/13 10:02:56 AM
MABrider said:

bruceturner01 said:

Bruce................

;-)

It would definitely be visible from the route 5 bridge over the river, which is a few miles away...I always look left to see S:ROS and Scream.

Mike B, can you shoot me an e-mail? I'd like to ask you something. sonbeast1964@yahoo.com

Thanks, Mike G.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SFNE announcement by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 9/4/13 4:02:14 PM
bruceturner01 said:

Bruce................

HI BRUCE! I can only imagine the view, Im not sure where that location is but the ride is twice as tall as Superman (Refuse to say the Z name) The view from the top of Superman is awesome. Should be visible from far around. :)

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: SFNE announcement by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 9/4/13 9:12:17 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

bruceturner01 said:

Bruce................

HI BRUCE! I can only imagine the view, Im not sure where that location is but the ride is twice as tall as Superman (Refuse to say the Z name) The view from the top of Superman is awesome. Should be visible from far around. :)

Z name? I didn't know they had 'Zod' the coaster. I guess we must kneel before his greatness :)

* This post was modified at 9/4/13 9:18:28 PM *

Re: SFNE announcement by bruceturner01 at 9/5/13 8:42:41 PM
;-)

Hi Mike,

It's been a little while since I have posted on the URC. I saw the post and figured I had to throw my 2 cents in :-)

You Wrote:

I agree ! I was drawing my conclusion about the location by what I saw in their news conference that was on the Springfield Republican site. >> http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/skyscreamer_six_flags_new_england_in_agawam_unveils_ta.html

This is one ride that I will happily watch from the ground. Its just way to high and open for me. I like Kingda Ka, but I'm strapped into a coaster and only up there for about 16 seconds.

Bruce..................

Re: SFNE announcement by bruceturner01 at 10/13/13 9:34:56 AM
We learned where the Sky Screamer is going to be located at SFNE. It's going to be located where the Sky Coaster is right now, which is about 12 feet higher than the surrounding area.

I think that area is also the highest elevation in the park, which is going to give the Sky Screamer one heck of a view of the park and surrounding area.

Bruce..........