Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SF Great Adventure Announcement

SF Great Adventure Announcement

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
8/29/13 at
5:46:02 AM

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces World Record-Breaking Ride for 2014
World’s Largest Theme Park to Debut World’s Tallest Drop Ride and Bids Farewell to a Classic Coaster
August 29, 2013

New Jersey’s Six Flags Great Adventure will shatter the world record for tallest drop ride with the addition of the 41-story Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom in 2014.

Connected to the iconic Kingda Ka roller coaster—the 456-foot monster that ranks as the world’s tallest coaster and fastest in North America—Zumanjaro will hoist riders 415 feet into the sky and rocket them back to Earth at 90 miles per hour while Kingda Ka trains launch right toward them at speeds of up to 128 miles per hour.

"Zumanjaro solidifies Six Flags Great Adventure’s dominance as the Northeast’s thrill capital,” said John Fitzgerald, park president. “This is precisely the world-class, record-breaking attraction our guests have come to expect from Great Adventure. Zumanjaro is destined to top many ‘must ride’ lists in 2014."

Three soaring Zumanjaro towers will be built on the face of the massive Kingda Ka coaster debuting during the park’s 41st season. Each drop tower will feature a gondola with eight riders.

The gondolas will rise to the top of the tower in approximately 30 seconds. Riders will pause for a few terrifying moments, 41 stories in the air—even higher than London’s Big Ben and twice as high as the Statue of Liberty—allowing them to catch a glimpse of the skyscrapers in Philadelphia 52 miles to the south before gravity plunges them back to ground level in less than 10 seconds.

"Zumanjaro pushes thrills to heights never imagined when Great Adventure first opened in 1974,” said park historian and author Harry Applegate. “You could stack the tallest major attractions from Great Adventure's opening season on top of one another, including the Big Wheel, Log Flume, Runaway Train and Skyride, and you would still be more than 50 feet shy of Zumanjaro."

The name “Zumanjaro” was inspired by the African influences of Safari Off Road Adventure, the attraction that combined Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari into the world’s largest theme park. A newly-themed animal section adjacent to Zumanjaro will feature mischievous and playful Anubis baboons native to Africa. For nearly 40 years, these baboons were a favorite of Safari visitors, but not included in the new Safari Off Road Adventure.

“Throughout this season, guests have inquired about the baboons. We can finally announce that they will be the stars of this newly-themed area,” Fitzgerald said. Guests will be able to see the lively primates, also known as olive baboons, up close in their new habitat formerly known as Safari Discoveries. These members of the Old World Monkey family “have a highly organized social structure and their interactions are fascinating to watch,” he added.

Zumanjaro and the new baboon exhibit are slated for a spring debut in 2014.

The End of an Era: Rolling Thunder
The introduction of Zumanjaro spells the end of an era for one of the park’s classic roller coasters, Rolling Thunder. The coaster, which opened in 1979, has delivered more than 42 million rides in its nearly 35-year history. Although the classic, dual track “woodie” remained a staple at the park, its popularity waned over the years.

“Advances in technology have led to a new generation of rides with the sleek intensity of El Toro, the world’s No. 1 wooden coaster,” Fitzgerald said. Guests will be able to enjoy Rolling Thunder until it closes to the public September 8, 2013 to make way for construction.

Hurricane Harbor to Expand Cabana Service with New Tiki Bar
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor will expand its first-class cabana rental service with the introduction of Cabana Cove. Cabanas offer a private escape for water park-goers, and a new tiki bar will deliver beverage service directly to the cabanas to enhance the relaxing, island-style experience.

2014 Season Passes at Lowest Price of the Year
Six Flags Great Adventure announced today that 2014 season passes are now on sale at the lowest prices of the year and provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2013 season (including Fright Fest) and all of the 2014 season. For a limited time, with the purchase of a season pass four-pack, guests will receive a free upgrade to gold status which includes free admission to the theme park and Hurricane Harbor, plus admission to all Six Flags Theme Parks and free parking at all parks for every pass holder. Memberships Passes, which include all of the great benefits of a season pass, are also available at an affordable monthly price. Offer expires October 27, 2013.

This fall, Six Flags Great Adventure’s annual Fright Fest celebration will undergo one of the largest expansions in the park’s history with new mazes and more scare zones, as well as added days and extended hours beginning September 13, 2013. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure.

I actually shed a few tears for Rolling Thunder. :-(

Looks like for once all the rumors were true right down to the closing date for RT.
Jen

* This post was modified at 8/29/13 6:05:31 AM *

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by JeffyJosephNCali JeffyJosephNCali Profile at 8/29/13 7:04:04 AM
Sorry to hear RT is leaving. Though I think you'll love Zumanjaro, Lex Luthor at SFMM is awesome, especially the view!
Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/29/13 7:14:48 AM
JeffyJosephNCali said:

Sorry to hear RT is leaving. Though I think you'll love Zumanjaro, Lex Luthor at SFMM is awesome, especially the view!

What are the lines like for Luthor?

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 7:15:32 AM
JeffyJosephNCali said:

I just think a Gyro drop would be much more practical and not ruin the look of my favorite coaster in the park. The view will be horrible of pretty much the parking lot on 2 of the 3 sides I've also heard that when one has problems they both get shut down when maintenance is needed. If that's true that will be a nightmare. Not a smart move with a ride capacity of 24 riders a drop with a park that draws in large crowds.

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 7:27:30 AM
ALL 3 gondolas are on the back! Look at the video (it's in the very begining)

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by JeffyJosephNCali JeffyJosephNCali Profile at 8/29/13 7:32:49 AM
beastmaster said:

JeffyJosephNCali said:

What are the lines like for Luthor?

I've been lucky to get walk-ons when I go in the weekdays in the off season, especially in April after Spring Break crowds, plus it also helps that it has a Single Rider Line. But on average it has about a 15-30 min wait, though I have seen 90+ min waits as well during the busy weekends. Also LL only has a capacity of 16 riders, should help a little with the additional 8 seats, even though it doesn't seem like much.

* This post was modified at 8/29/13 7:34:16 AM *

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 7:34:58 AM
Holy crap! The drop tower is on the FRONT of KK! See video at the bottom:

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/greatadventure/zumanjaro-drop-of-doom/

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by JeffyJosephNCali JeffyJosephNCali Profile at 8/29/13 7:40:46 AM
GoYanks34 said:

Holy crap! The drop tower is on the FRONT of KK! See video at the bottom:

http://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/greatadventure/zumanjaro-drop-of-doom/

Should be called the Real Tower of Terror! :)

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/29/13 7:42:40 AM
GoYanks34 said:

JeffyJosephNCali said:

I just think a Gyro drop would be much more practical and not ruin the look of my favorite coaster in the park. The view will be horrible of pretty much the parking lot on 2 of the 3 sides I've also heard that when one has problems they both get shut down when maintenance is needed. If that's true that will be a nightmare. Not a smart move with a ride capacity of 24 riders a drop with a park that draws in large crowds.

Jen

Jen, THe ride has three drop towers and are going in between the up and down sections of KA. The trains launch at you and over your head. Unlike SFMM this one is not going on the sides.

Sad about RT but IMHO if a ride runs nothing like it was capable of. There's no sense in having it. It was medocure at best and should make room for something neat in the future.

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 7:55:58 AM
CoasterFanatic said:

GoYanks34 said:

JeffyJosephNCali said:

Jen

Jen, THe ride has three drop towers and are going in between the up and down sections of KA. The trains launch at you and over your head. Unlike SFMM this one is not going on the sides.

Sad about RT but IMHO if a ride runs nothing like it was capable of. There's no sense in having it. It was medocure at best and should make room for something neat in the future.

Chuck - I know - I just posted the video - I thought it was in the back of KK but the front is at least much better for view and aesthetics IMO so that makes me a bit happier. I'd still prefer a Gyro drop but it is what it is and I do love drop towers.

RT is mediocre for us enthusiasts and since it's deterioration but it was the best coaster in the world to me as a child. It's the sentimental attachment that makes me sad more than anything and the loss of a coaster that the little ones can ride. There's not much left for them.

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 8/29/13 1:50:44 PM
It's unfortunate that they have decided to deface KK like that (at least I'll be able to ride it before that happens), but I suppose it will be a good thing for those who like drop towers. It will also probably reduce the lines for KK as well, at least for the next year or so.

As for RT, I passed on it when I made my first visit to the park a couple of years ago, because my back was acting up that day. Well, looks like I have to ride it this time for the credit, so hopefully Jen and anyone else who is going can suggest a seat for me that is the least rough (would figure the front, as is usually the case on woodies).

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/29/13 2:10:38 PM
Schrecken said:

It's unfortunate that they have decided to deface KK like that (at least I'll be able to ride it before that happens), but I suppose it will be a good thing for those who like drop towers. It will also probably reduce the lines for KK as well, at least for the next year or so.

As for RT, I passed on it when I made my first visit to the park a couple of years ago, because my back was acting up that day. Well, looks like I have to ride it this time for the credit, so hopefully Jen and anyone else who is going can suggest a seat for me that is the least rough (would figure the front, as is usually the case on woodies).

Deface KK? How do you deface a tower with a bunch of supports. IMHO this ia s heck of a improvment and will be a heck of a ride! Gyro Drops have a ton of wind resistance and do not fall as fast as either Gen 1 or 2 Intamin freefalls. Heck, The very first Gen 2 I rode, Hellivator. My legs flew up over my head. You don't get that on the Gyros.

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by Frontrider at 8/29/13 2:54:37 PM
Very disappointing news for my tastes. I won't pretend that Rolling Thunder was in the top half of the woodies I've ridden, but it wasn't at the bottom, either.

As someone admittedly with a STONG bias in favor of woodies, it was my 3rd favorite coaster in the park, behind ONLY Nitro (my #1 steel) and El Toro. And I've been in many parks where it would have been my favorite ride in the park. For example, I liked it better than ANY multilooper I've ever ridden, with the exception of Schwarzkopf's Shockwave and Mindbender, (which I like for their AMAZING airtime, NOT for their inversions or positive g's). As one of the 73 woodies I've ridden, RT was in my Top 100 (out of approx. 330), simply because I cannot think of 27 steel coasters I prefer over my LOWEST rated woodie!

Alleged "roughness" honestly doesn't bother me. Rolling Thunder at least FELT like a woodie, and had a few solid spots of airtime in which a tall (but average weight) rider like me could enjoy without being stapled to the seats, like El Toro. To be honest it's hard for me to think of El Toro as a "woodie" because between the excessive smoothness and tight-fitting restraints, the ride "feels" more to me like an Intamin hyper (albeit more satisfying than an Intamin hyper).

Now, the park will not have a traditional wooden coaster. The industry trend away from classic woodies saddens me, and it seems Six Flags is leading that trend, with the loss of the WOODEN Texas Giant (still a Top 5 ride for me at the time of its demise), the loss of the underrated Rattler (leaving Fiesta Texas without a REAL woodie, and adding inversions to boot, ugh!), and now Rolling Thunder.

I can only hope Great Adventure (and Fiesta) will eventually right these wrongs like Magic Mountain did and contract with Gravity Group or GCI to build a new woodie to make up for the ones they lost.

I also wish they could have kept it open through Fright Fest or at least given a more advanced notice of the closing date, as I'll be in that part of the country for my usually fall coaster trip in late Sept and thru October - but getting up there from the deep south before September 8 to say goodbye is highly unlikely for me at such short notice.

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 3:43:58 PM
Schrecken said:

We will ride and get pictures of each other on the train - I promise! It's actually not running terribly this year believe it or not. As long as you stay away fro the last train you should be fine. I had a front row seat last time and it was actually a pleasant ride.

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 3:47:01 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

Gyro Drops have a ton of wind resistance and do not fall as fast as either Gen 1 or 2 Intamin freefalls. Heck, The very first Gen 2 I rode, Hellivator. My legs flew up over my head. You don't get that on the Gyros.

I did not know that. You learn something new everyday. ;-)

I just LOVE the one at KI so much that that's the one I've always wanted. But as I said I love all drop towers and my main complaint was I thought it was facing the parking lot (which would be horrible) so I'm much better now. :-)

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/29/13 4:02:01 PM
Since we are on the subject of drop towers,I was totally surprised how great Mach tower was at Busch Gardens!! This has to be the best drop tower I have ever been on! The view was amazing as it spins you around on the way up and then the drop was insane!! Very fast and forceful.It gave me a great tummy tickle that I rarely get anymore because I am so immune anymore due to how often I ride coasters and drop towers. I was not expecting this ride to be good because all I ever heard were bad things but I guess it was only because the ride was never operating that I never heard anything good mentioned.
Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/29/13 4:03:08 PM
Frontrider, you still have my beloved Wild One. I don't foresee Six Flags doing away with it anytime soon. It's reaching historical status -- 100 years in 2017. They'd be foolish to tear it down like the the rest -- one can hope we'll be an influence on the chain.... though I highly doubt it.

Chitlins, I'm surprised you were able to ride Mach Tower. The thing has been down each and everytime I've gone. On top of that, when they had it open for Christmas Town and used it as an observation tower instead of a drop tower, it was slower than molasses so we gave up waiting for it.

My $.02.

* This post was modified at 8/29/13 4:06:38 PM *

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 4:41:48 PM
chitlins73 said:

Since we are on the subject of drop towers,I was totally surprised how great Mach tower was at Busch Gardens!! This has to be the best drop tower I have ever been on! The view was amazing as it spins you around on the way up and then the drop was insane!! Very fast and forceful.It gave me a great tummy tickle that I rarely get anymore because I am so immune anymore due to how often I ride coasters and drop towers. I was not expecting this ride to be good because all I ever heard were bad things but I guess it was only because the ride was never operating that I never heard anything good mentioned.

Have you been on the one in KI? That spins and you get a great view of the park before you drop and is my personal all time favorite drop tower. Gives me HUGE "wees" and I am pretty immune to them too most of the time unfortunately. I heard Mach Tower was horrible. I went the year is was SUPPOSED to be open but we all know how that went. I couldn't do BGE with my ankle/foot issues this year but I'm hoping for next so I can finally ride that and Verbolten. And of course see the second love of my life, Griffon! :-)

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/29/13 5:07:07 PM
You will love Verbolten!! It is an awesome ride! Mach Tower was awesome also! Busch gardens was so beautiful to see that high up in the air!!

I really like Griffon also!! If you know what you are doing,you can get like 4-6 rides before anyone else makes it up there at the beginning of the day!!

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 5:37:02 PM
chitlins73 said:

You will love Verbolten!! It is an awesome ride! Mach Tower was awesome also! Busch gardens was so beautiful to see that high up in the air!!

I really like Griffon also!! If you know what you are doing,you can get like 4-6 rides before anyone else makes it up there at the beginning of the day!!

I know - it's awesome! Everyone goes to Nessie first and you stay one step ahead of them. Even if the line gets long later in the day it moves super fast. That's a capacity machine!

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 8/29/13 5:49:17 PM
GoYanks34 said:

CoasterFanatic said:

Gyro Drops have a ton of wind resistance and do not fall as fast as either Gen 1 or 2 Intamin freefalls. Heck, The very first Gen 2 I rode, Hellivator. My legs flew up over my head. You don't get that on the Gyros.

I did not know that. You learn something new everyday. ;-)

I just LOVE the one at KI so much that that's the one I've always wanted. But as I said I love all drop towers and my main complaint was I thought it was facing the parking lot (which would be horrible) so I'm much better now. :-)

Jen

I always wondered why SFGADV didn't have a drop tower. Went in 2001 and 2008 (2008 was much better experience) Just seemed weird as even many small parks have a S&S or something. Well they can still put a 430ft S&S Shot tower on the back of KK :)

You heard it here first. RMC Hybird or Topper for SFGADV 2014-15 intertwining with El Toro.

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 6:03:59 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

I always wondered why SFGADV didn't have a drop tower. Went in 2001 and 2008 (2008 was much better experience) Just seemed weird as even many small parks have a S&S or something. Well they can still put a 430ft S&S Shot tower on the back of KK :)

They had Free Fall for all those years but never replaced it once it was taken down after the 2006 season. :-(

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by alpengeistno3 at 8/29/13 7:41:01 PM
chitlins73 said:

Mach Tower was improved in the off season. They removed some of the brake run that used to run 2/3 of the way up the tower. It is actually a decent ride (still no comparison to Drop Zone at KD or KI.)

Paul

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by alpengeistno3 at 8/29/13 8:34:55 PM
I don't want to poo poo on the excitement. While three 8 person gondolas are a huge improvement over Lex's one 16 person, it still bodes to be a capacity nightmare. Think how many coasters have a total cycle capacity of 24 people per 2 minute ride? That is like one train on "fill in the blank".

Add in the inevitable Flash Pass upgrade option and I am sure I will be avoiding this for the next 2 years. At least the lines for Bizarro and Nitro should be walk-ons for most of the day thanks to this ride drawing everyone to the center of the park.

Paul

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 8/29/13 8:49:27 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

Schrecken said:

Deface KK? How do you deface a tower with a bunch of supports. IMHO this ia s heck of a improvment and will be a heck of a ride! Gyro Drops have a ton of wind resistance and do not fall as fast as either Gen 1 or 2 Intamin freefalls. Heck, The very first Gen 2 I rode, Hellivator. My legs flew up over my head. You don't get that on the Gyros.

I always thought the one at SFMM looked ridiculous, even though Superman never had the aesthetic appeal that KK and TTD do. Also thought it was a bit of cheap "jury-rigging" rather than build a free-standing tower (though I suppose SFMM could have also added a drop tower to its observation tower, but that would have looked worse). But I guess as far as the park is concerned, it's easier to jury-rig something than start from scratch. But as I said it will be good in that it will draw a lot of the lines away from KK and even El Toro, at least for the opening year.

As for the ride itself, that won't matter to me personally, as I'm not into drop towers, but I will ride the S&S double shot type if the lines aren't too long (or any other kind that launch and bounce). For some reason, I find ordinary drop towers to be uncomfortable and occasionally unpleasant - not in the sense of restraints or anything like that, but simply in the way the forces affect my body.

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by Patripman Patripman Profile at 8/29/13 9:04:40 PM
No not Rolling Dumpster. That will be a big loss for the park.

And did I read this right from Chuck, "The very first Gen 2 I rode, Hellivator. My legs flew up over my head. You don't get that on the Gyros".

God that must of been something to see.

Patripman

* This post was modified at 8/29/13 9:09:15 PM *

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by Chris27 Chris27 Profile at 8/29/13 9:54:06 PM
But 24 people and the ride is like less than a minute. add in load/unload and lock check and you figure 24 people every 2 minutes if that.

Should go pretty fast.

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by Chris27 Chris27 Profile at 8/29/13 9:58:00 PM
Sucks to see Thunder go but with Toro its only purpose is to take kids on as their first real coaster and for nostalgia.

Atleast with that gone you get a cool drop tower which will take some heat off Ka, now you can hit Ka and this ride and then you dont have to walk all the way around to hit Toro.

So with Thunder gone that opens up a walkway to make it easier to get from Toro to Ka and the new ride.

So thats cool.

I like it, the park def needed a drop tower. With them not having to really do much to build this ride I hope that means we dont have to wait years and years for another new coaster.

I'm hoping 2016 or so we get a big new coaster.

Not happy about HH though, the mat slides are really solid but I was hoping they would add one of those drop tube rides, maybe one with the boomerang loop.

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/29/13 10:18:53 PM
I enjoyed Mach Tower way more than the drop at Kings Dominion. It was easy to compare also being that I was at KD one day after Busch Gardens.
Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 10:20:44 PM
chitlins73 said:

I enjoyed Mach Tower way more than the drop at Kings Dominion. It was easy to compare also being that I was at KD one day after Busch Gardens.

But have you been to KI? I think KI's drop tower BLOWS KD's away.

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/29/13 10:54:56 PM
I was on the one at King's Island and I remember really liking it but it has been sooo long!! I will be there next year so it will be nice to compare the two.
Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by alpengeistno3 at 8/30/13 1:04:02 AM
Chris27 said:

But 24 people and the ride is like less than a minute. add in load/unload and lock check and you figure 24 people every 2 minutes if that.

Should go pretty fast.

Having observed the operations at Gradv for many years, I think you are overly optimistic on the dispatch times. But in theory, you could be correct.

Paul

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/30/13 8:01:46 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

Chris27 said:

Should go pretty fast.

Having observed the operations at Gradv for many years, I think you are overly optimistic on the dispatch times. But in theory, you could be correct.

Paul

Depends on the crew they put on - KK's crew can do it no problem. They actually had Nitro not stacking ANY trains on Monday so that's been addressed. We'll see but I would bet that they'd put their best people on it.

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by alpengeistno3 at 9/2/13 11:28:32 AM
Rolling Thunder actually has a Facebook page. Wonders never cease!

Rolling Thunder on Facebook

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 9/2/13 11:36:34 AM
alpengeistno3 said:

Rolling Thunder actually has a Facebook page. Wonders never cease!

It's been there for a while - some person is running it - it's not from the park or anything.

Jen

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/2/13 3:34:35 PM
I'm kind of pessimistic too about it. Don't forget I did a lot of people watching on my foray in early August and, besides El Toro, everything seemed slow.

Again, this is just an outsiders perspective for someone who has been to a couple dozen amusement parks, at lest three of them in the Six Flags chain.

Re: SF Great Adventure Announcement by antikythera antikythera Profile at 9/4/13 12:41:59 PM
For anyone attending ROTB, this may be your last chance to get an inside look of the ride before its final operation on Sunday.

Bret is offering ROTB participants two behind-the-scenes tours, one of which includes Rolling Thunder.

"Like behind the scenes tours? This year we will be offering a total of 8 of them! Four time slots for Nitro and Batman the Ride and four time slots for Kingda Ka, Rolling Thunder and El Toro. There will also be history tours as well! All tours are first come first served during check-in, limit one behind the scenes tour per person and you must be present to register!"

https://www.facebook.com/Riding.of.the.Bull/posts/546733515380219

There are only 160 spots total and they are estimating more attendees than that -- guess I'm going to have to leave even earlier.