Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks

Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
8/28/13 at
8:36:03 AM

This may have been posted before, but I couldn't find using search... Recently I stumbled upon this spooky collection of abandoned amusement park photos.

Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks

* This post was modified at 8/28/13 8:36:47 AM *

Re: Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks by Coaster316 at 8/28/13 8:41:26 AM
Wow, Rob. Awesome find.

I recognized a few and many were brand new to me. My favorite pic, by far, is the giant slide. Incredible.

I'm also intrigued by what appears to have been a suspended coaster using Disney's Haunted Mansion style cars. Anyone know anything about that ride?

Re: Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/28/13 9:20:35 AM
What awesome pix. That shot of the slide is incredible. I wish the pictures were identified.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks by RobLec RobLec Profile at 8/28/13 9:59:19 AM
Coaster316 said:
I'm also intrigued by what appears to have been a suspended coaster using Disney's Haunted Mansion style cars. Anyone know anything about that ride?

Yeah, that one stood out to me, too. I'm very curious about that one.

Re: Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 8/28/13 3:09:54 PM
Some neat shots there. I also wish there was some sort of ID with the pictures.

the colors are very interesting- fairly obviously manipulated with photoshop or something like that, but done in a way that certainly accents and enhances the photos. Very cool.

Re: Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks by RobLec RobLec Profile at 8/28/13 8:49:05 PM
SirWillow said:

Some neat shots there. I also wish there was some sort of ID with the pictures.

the colors are very interesting- fairly obviously manipulated with photoshop or something like that, but done in a way that certainly accents and enhances the photos. Very cool.

I found the link on tumblr. The poster included the following caption:

I cannot stop surfing through these haunting Francesco Mugnai pictures. His photo series on abandoned amusement parks brings chills to my body as thrilling as the excitement I can recall back from visiting the amusement parks of my childhood. Here are all the memories rotting in fields and perhaps hosting some ghostly visitors.

I'm guessing Francesco Mugnai did the photo manipulation (though I honestly don't know just who Francesco Mugnai is).

Re: Abandoned and Haunted Amusement Parks by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/28/13 9:24:01 PM
I've seen many of these before. Always great stuff to see, although sad at times.

The one of the castle in China is an interesting story if anyone wants to read more about it. It was to be called Wonderland and be the largest amusement park in China. Financial plans put a halt into the construction and failed attempts at reviving it over the years led to it be the amazing pictures you see in the original article and in the articles below. The castle and other unfinished structures have since been razed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonderland_Amusement_Park_(Beijing)

http://www.visualnews.com/2011/12/16/chinas-fake-disneyland-the-park-that-never-was/

I've also always wanted to drive by Six Flags New Orleans or get as close as possible for my own curiosity. I missed my opportunity on two separate occasions to go down there on vacation. Nowadays it's being used as a set for different shows and movies so it's not as ghostly as it once was.