Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced

CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced

ray_p ray_p Profile

Posted:
8/27/13 at
6:40:58 AM

A Zamperla Disk-O Coaster, an 8-tub Larson Flying Scooters and some improvements to the Gemini Midway are coming in 2014. See link below for details

CP 2014

Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by Coaster316 at 8/27/13 9:51:15 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me. Nice to see a park dominated by the biggest and fastest still taking the time to enhance the rest of the experience.
Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/27/13 11:56:34 AM
I like this decision. The flyers are going to be called Lake Erie Eagles, and the disc o will be called Pipe Scream. My kids and I were saying that Cedar Point should put in Flying Scooters. Hopefully Lake Erie Eagles are as good as Lake Side Gliders at Michigan's Adventure. Those flyers are incredible.
Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by drachen drachen Profile at 8/27/13 12:24:56 PM
I like the additions. The video however, was too cheesy for words.
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by RobLec RobLec Profile at 8/27/13 1:33:57 PM
I can already see Coastermania 2014 featuring ERT on Pipe Scream ;-)
Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by JeffyJosephNCali JeffyJosephNCali Profile at 8/27/13 2:38:22 PM
Love those flying scooters! Great to see CP get some family attractions and focus on the whole experience like what they did with Knott's Boardwalk. Ouimet is doing a great job!
Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/27/13 11:04:02 PM
Good move renaming Jr Gemini to Wilderness Run, although it does sound kinda 'too big for it's britches' if you know what I mean. I always thought that Jr Gemini was a silly name; It's not like it is a pair of dual kiddie coasters or something. I always hate the cutesy 'play off of the big coaster' names.

* This post was modified at 8/27/13 11:06:45 PM *

Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by RobLec RobLec Profile at 8/28/13 12:16:23 AM
Overbanked said:
I always hate the cutesy 'play off of the big coaster' names.

"Beastie" worked well at Kings Island for many years, having replaced "Scooby Doo" and later being changed to several unmemorable and convoluted names such as "Fairly Odd Coaster"... most everyone still refers to it as just Beastie.

Re: CP's New for 2014 Additions Announced by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 8/28/13 2:38:26 PM
Gotta love how in the video they have the "Faile" family doing the intro. Think there is something else going on there? LOL