Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > 5 year old fell from a rollercoaster while exiting

5 year old fell from a rollercoaster while exiting

Stredain Stredain Profile

Posted:
8/15/13 at
7:12:42 PM

Hello everyone.. I thought I would report this
and get it out there.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/15/boy-5-falls-from-coney-island-coaster-in-attempt-to-exit-ride/?intcmp=obnetwork
Stredain

Re: 5 year old fell from a rollercoaster while exiting by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 9:31:11 PM
Poor kid - I hope he's OK.

I was just on a Dragon coaster with my niece in LBI (Long Beach Island NJ for you out of towners) trying to prep her for coaster riding while she's young and I wonder if he was riding alone or not. If he was small I could see being able to slip through those restraints if you tried. I would never let my niece (who's 3 1/2) ride any coaster alone until she was MUCH older than that. When I had her at Gadv we went on the Roadrunner Railway and holy crap - that thing is violent for a kiddie coaster! I was holding on to her with all my might, she's tiny. I had the Fear of God in me that she was going to fly out and she was trying to put her hands in the air, LOL. My prep work is going well so far. ;-)

But thoughts and prayers out to the boy and his family and hopefully he makes a quick recovery and they change the height restriction or change the restraints.

Jen

Re: 5 year old fell from a rollercoaster while exiting by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 9:56:00 PM
Here's an article with more info:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/horror-coney-island-amusement-park-small-child-woman-injured-ride-article-1.1427165

I hope they're right and he's going to be fine. He was riding with his sister.

Jen

Re: 5 year old fell from a rollercoaster while exiting by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 8/16/13 11:01:30 AM
That's a shame. I could see how this could happen. Older and younger sibling, expect one to look after the other - even at that age. I'm certainly not saying it's RIGHT, but it happens all the time - "watch your brother". I'm sure the parents are devastated with guilt (or calling their lawyer to sue, sadly). Hope the boy is OK,

* This post was modified at 8/16/13 11:01:55 AM *