Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > My six flags 2014 predictions

My six flags 2014 predictions

xPoizon

Posted:
8/12/13 at
7:28:00 PM

SF AMERICA
Considering they got apocalypse in 2012 (even though it was relocated) and the height limit was removed, I think they should add a 300-400 ft sky screamer like SFOT

SF DISCOVERY KINGDOM

They just got a brand new coaster in 2012, but since they have only 2 water slides, aqua twist, a family water spinning ride, like at SF la ronde

SF FIESTA TEXAS

After getting a skyscreamer, then iron rattler in 2013, 2014 should bring a Show to SFFT

SF GREAT ADVENTURE

Rumor has it this is the park for the new coaster for 2014. I personally think that after getting green lantern in 2011, some parks are more over due.

Nevertheless, SFGA would be the site for either a custom 200 ft + B and M invert or a record breaking custom wing coaster.

SF GREAT AMERICA

Since they got a new coaster in 2012, and a show in 2013, 2014 is the year for a flat ride.
I would expect a skyscreamer, maybe a RMC upgrade to a wooden coaster

SF Magic Mountain

Full throttle was the big ride for SFMM. I would expect a show, but you never know. Maybe aqua twist or a fam coaster to add to the line up.

SF Mexico

Not including the 2 wild mouses, the last coaster was built 14 years ago, 2014 would be a really great year to add a 125-150 multi inversion coaster would be nice. It could even be relocated, just add something!

SF NEW ENGLAND

probably a show, considering they Goliath for 2012 and bonzaii for 2013

SF NEW ORLEANS

How about refurbish the remaining rides and give them to a park that doesn't have a boomerang or wild mouse??

SF ST LOUIS

They just got boomerang, so a show for 2014

SF OVER TEXAS

it'll be 6 years since they got a family coaster, and 13 years since they got a thrill coaster. How about a giant boomerang, custom launch coaster, b and m wing coaster, a impulse coaster, if not maybe 2015?

La ronde
A new flat ride, or a show since they got aqua twist last year

Overall:
SFA-giant skyscreamer
Sfdk-aqua twist
SFFT-show
SFGA-record breaking b and m
Great America-sky screamer or RMC American eagle upgrade
SFMM family ride or coaster
Sfm-relocated 150ft out and back
New England- show
SF st Louis- show
SF over Texas- either record breaking b and m or something big and new
La ronde- flat ride or show
Great escape
Add a new coaster, but I know they won't, most likely a water park upgrade.

Let me know your thoughts

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by alpengeistno3 at 8/12/13 9:57:13 PM
xPoizon said:

SF GREAT ADVENTURE

Rumor has it this is the park for the new coaster for 2014. I personally think that after getting green lantern in 2011, some parks are more over due.

Nevertheless, SFGA would be the site for either a custom 200 ft + B and M invert or a record breaking custom wing coaster.

I'm sure I am beating Jen and Mike to this, where did you get this from? Of all the SFGradv rumors out there, inverted coaster has never crossed anyone's mind. They have a Batman!

Paul

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/13/13 7:41:08 AM
Thanks Paul, I'll take it from here. ;-)

Well if we're playing fantasy games then Great Adventure is getting the worlds tallest and longest dive coaster, the worlds tallest free standing drop tower and a Huss Frisbee that goes as high as Black Widow but is made by Huss. Oh, and Nitro gets a paint job.

If we're playing reality we're getting a drop tower piggy backed on KK (not happy about the location so I really hope this rumor is wrong but it's going strong), we are losing a coaster as Rolling Thunder is being dismantled and scrapped to create a pathway along and behind KK to get to the drop tower and the baboons are being added to the safari (this one is confirmed). There will be a lot of room after RTs removal so perhaps they add a few flats to fill in the space. I don't know where you're getting your "rumors" from but since I practically live at the park and I'm on a lot of Gadv forums/groups I have never heard we are getting a new coaster never mind an invert which we already have. That I can guarantee is NOT happening.

Jen

* This post was modified at 8/13/13 7:42:39 AM *

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by Geauga_Dog Geauga_Dog Profile at 8/13/13 10:35:16 AM
GoYanks34 said:

...we are losing a coaster as Rolling Thunder is being dismantled and scrapped to create a pathway along and behind KK to get to the drop tower

Jen, you did mention on the New for 2014 thread that there was a rumor about Rolling Thunder but to tear it down just to build a walkway to a drop tower - WTF is SFGAdv thinking?! Granted Thunder may not be the greatest ride out there anymore (it wasn't bad on my two rides back in 2005 but it did need some work) but it's not bad enough to where it should be removed.

El Toro has seemed to steal RT's thunder since it opened so may be SFGAdv has given up on the ride.

I would rather see a 300+ foot Intamin Gyro Tower like KI and KD's Drop Tower before sticking a drop tower on Kingda Ka.

G-Dog

* This post was modified at 8/13/13 10:37:12 AM *

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/13/13 11:14:35 AM
El Toro has seemed to steal RT's thunder since it opened so may be SFGAdv has given up on the ride.

G-Dog

Putting El Toro next to RT was probably the worst decision SFGadv could have ever done. They should have known they were putting a nail in the coffin when they did it.

You NEVER put two wooden coasters that grossly different next to each other. No matter how much RT tries, let it be a much needed rehab or a plague commemorating it's classic status, it will never look good standing next to El Toro speeding on by every minute or two.

Parks expand, I understand. But they either didn't care about it back then like most have mentioned or the management at the time didn't think it through.

Had it been another steel coaster put in, even a modest GCI creation installed, RT might not look so bad, but with the decision they made it's like night and day in the eyes of the general public.

Unless you're a family with young children, an enthusiast, or an old timer, El Toro is going to win over RT each and every time.

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by xPoizon at 8/13/13 11:57:00 AM
GoYanks34 said:

Thanks Paul, I'll take it from here. ;-)

Well if we're playing fantasy games then Great Adventure is getting the worlds tallest and longest dive coaster, the worlds tallest free standing drop tower and a Huss Frisbee that goes as high as Black Widow but is made by Huss. Oh, and Nitro gets a paint job.

If we're playing reality we're getting a drop tower piggy backed on KK (not happy about the location so I really hope this rumor is wrong but it's going strong), we are losing a coaster as Rolling Thunder is being dismantled and scrapped to create a pathway along and behind KK to get to the drop tower and the baboons are being added to the safari (this one is confirmed). There will be a lot of room after RTs removal so perhaps they add a few flats to fill in the space. I don't know where you're getting your "rumors" from but since I practically live at the park and I'm on a lot of Gadv forums/groups I have never heard we are getting a new coaster never mind an invert which we already have. That I can guarantee is NOT happening.

Jen

First of all, these are just my predictions and based on most likely inaccurate sources. I like over a 1000 miles away from SFGA, so I don't have the convience of accurate local sources.

I based my guess for the new coaster for several reasons.
1. I have heard that the area behind kingda ka can not be developed. (Could be inaccurate)
2. If you look at the back of kingda ka, the back is slightly angled, not straight up.
3. Unlike the superman coaster at SFMM with lex Luther attached, I don't think kingda ka has enough support to support it, and a 450 ft drop tower with the force it exerts
4. The last new coaster was 2006
5. They have released that SFGA will have a "record breaking attraction" (which may be a drop tower)
6. They might want to build a giant invert or wing to steal the fame from cedar fair parks

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by xPoizon at 8/13/13 12:18:27 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

xPoizon said:

SF GREAT ADVENTURE

I'm sure I am beating Jen and Mike to this, where did you get this from? Of all the SFGradv rumors out there, inverted coaster has never crossed anyone's mind. They have a Batman!

Paul

First of all, right or wrong, these are my predictions!! I do appreciate the feedback :) also, kings island has an inverted, a flying, and a suspended coaster already and they are building banshee

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/13/13 12:48:57 PM
Geauga_Dog said:

GoYanks34 said:

...we are losing a coaster as Rolling Thunder is being dismantled and scrapped to create a pathway along and behind KK to get to the drop tower

Jen, you did mention on the New for 2014 thread that there was a rumor about Rolling Thunder but to tear it down just to build a walkway to a drop tower - WTF is SFGAdv thinking?! Granted Thunder may not be the greatest ride out there anymore (it wasn't bad on my two rides back in 2005 but it did need some work) but it's not bad enough to where it should be removed.

I would rather see a 300+ foot Intamin Gyro Tower like KI and KD's Drop Tower before sticking a drop tower on Kingda Ka.

G-Dog

That's the rumor circulating unfortunately. I hope to God it's wrong too. If they do the piggy back thing it will be a capacity nightmare for a park of that size and I don't think looking at the parking lot is a good view on a drop tower.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/13/13 1:21:27 PM
xPoizon said:

First of all, these are just my predictions and based on most likely inaccurate sources. I like over a 1000 miles away from SFGA, so I don't have the convience of accurate local sources.

I based my guess for the new coaster for several reasons.
1. I have heard that the area behind kingda ka can not be developed. (Could be inaccurate)
2. If you look at the back of kingda ka, the back is slightly angled, not straight up.
3. Unlike the superman coaster at SFMM with lex Luther attached, I don't think kingda ka has enough support to support it, and a 450 ft drop tower with the force it exerts
4. The last new coaster was 2006
5. They have released that SFGA will have a "record breaking attraction" (which may be a drop tower)
6. They might want to build a giant invert or wing to steal the fame from cedar fair parks

1. The area directly behind KK can be developed - it's the old safari entrance/road which is no longer in use. There is actually still some room before you get there too. There is a part of the safari that are protected wetlands but KK is no where near that.

2/3. They wouldn't build it on KK's current supports - it would naturally need to be reinforced. (I am hoping this is wrong since I don't agree with it and want a free standing gyro drop)

4. Nope - SFGAdv (for the record SFGA is for Great America) absolutely considers Green Lantern a new coaster so it's only been 2 years technically.

5/6. They're not building a record breaking invert - that would practically be impossible since KI is getting one for next year. Do you really think KI would sign a contract with B&M for a new record breaking inverted coaster to have another park in the same general geographical area steal it's thunder? No way. As for a wing coaster I don't think it's going to happen. If SFGadv copies CP's coaster to "out do" them again they will never live it down. The whole KK/TTD controversy is still going strong and I highly doubt they want to be thought of in this manner.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/13/13 1:24:22 PM
xPoizon said:

also, kings island has an inverted, a flying, and a suspended coaster already and they are building banshee

King Island does not have an invert - a boomerang/shuttle and a full circuit invert are not even close to being similar.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/13/13 1:38:39 PM
antikythera said:

G-Dog

Putting El Toro next to RT was probably the worst decision SFGadv could have ever done. They should have known they were putting a nail in the coffin when they did it.

You NEVER put two wooden coasters that grossly different next to each other. No matter how much RT tries, let it be a much needed rehab or a plague commemorating it's classic status, it will never look good standing next to El Toro speeding on by every minute or two.

Parks expand, I understand. But they either didn't care about it back then like most have mentioned or the management at the time didn't think it through.

Had it been another steel coaster put in, even a modest GCI creation installed, RT might not look so bad, but with the decision they made it's like night and day in the eyes of the general public.

Unless you're a family with young children, an enthusiast, or an old timer, El Toro is going to win over RT each and every time.

I agree. I am worried about what children are going to use as their first "real" coaster now as a stepping stone to the others. Can't really go from Blackbeard or Skull Mountain to El Toro without the possibility of severe consequences. There needs to be a moderate coaster there.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/13/13 1:56:35 PM
Here's a good shot of what's behind KK - notice all the room if RT is removed before you even get near the safari:

Different angle:

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by alpengeistno3 at 8/13/13 10:01:12 PM
xPoizon said:

alpengeistno3 said:

xPoizon said:

SF GREAT ADVENTURE

Paul

First of all, right or wrong, these are my predictions!! I do appreciate the feedback :) also, kings island has an inverted, a flying, and a suspended coaster already and they are building banshee

We don't typically start threads of wild speculation around here, last I checked. Jen beat me to it, but KI has a shuttle Vekoma hanging coaster, not a full circuit B&M inverted coaster (until 2014). Batman may be small, but there is no reason for SFGradv to approach B&M for another inverted coaster without plans to get rid of it.

Paul

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/14/13 9:00:44 AM
I don't see what's wrong with a little guessing game or predictions thread. I mean, we talk about our predictions all the time!

So I may be playing catch up...but HOLD THE PHONE. Tower ride....ON KK??!?!? I think I'm going to be sick. That sounds like a...cool ride, but no, that would be an eyesore. Also RT is getting removed? I'm not a RT fanboy (are there any?) but I would hate to see it go for ANY other reason than a coaster. I'm not even talking about a coaster replacing it where it stands, I just mean in general.

Also I understand SFGAdv has everything and more on the "left" side of the park, but COME ON. In my little fanboy dreams I wish they would:

1.) Paint Nitro you sick b*stards! It's my baby and the sign has been rust colored for a decade. I think it's time to spruce up a coaster that rakes in A LOT of guests even a decade past it's construction, and also an enthusiast favorite. I'm at the point now though, where I want the sign to stay rusty, because it feels like home when I see it haha. The track isn't in bad shape paint wise, but I think a fresh coat would be awesome.

2.) Does the picnic area or whatever it is (employee/maintenence area?) where the old bumper cars, music exrpess, spinmeister, ect used to be. get ANY type of use? They shut that down for a reason, and really, after B&R:TC being removed it was smart, but why not build a unique coaster over there again? Something like a launch coaster? Maybe even a 4th dimension like Green Lantern at SFMM with a small footprint? (smaller cost?) And if you're going to build a drop tower, whyyyy not build it on the "right" side of the park? The only reason that makes sense to me for putting it on the left side, is that it'd be away from star screamer, thus making the skyline look more even.

As far as the OP's predictions, it seems like Six Flags is gonna pump out some new shows! haha But I like the predictions. I just think there is no way SFGAdv is going to get a B&M invert. I think the obvious (albiet a little unfortunate) choice they will go with will be a wing rider.

Something BIG in '14 has to happen at one of these parks....I wonder what one it will be?

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by ktujon ktujon Profile at 8/14/13 10:00:56 AM
GoYanks34 said:

I agree. I am worried about what children are going to use as their first "real" coaster now as a stepping stone to the others. Can't really go from Blackbeard or Skull Mountain to El Toro without the possibility of severe consequences. There needs to be a moderate coaster there.

Jen

I feel Medusa is a pretty moderate coaster there, heh especially since its located next to El Toro, since when I ride El Toro followed by Medusa I think we did that last time Jen! and don't forget about the Runaway Train! a great ride for kids and me!

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 8/14/13 10:35:04 AM
Since we're speculating, i fixed this for you....

xPoizon said:

2014 would be a really great year to add a 125-150 inversion coaster....

count me in :-)

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/14/13 1:07:42 PM
ktujon said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

I feel Medusa is a pretty moderate coaster there, heh especially since its located next to El Toro, since when I ride El Toro followed by Medusa I think we did that last time Jen! and don't forget about the Runaway Train! a great ride for kids and me!

Did we ride Medusa? I don't think so b/c I rode it before I met up with you. Didn't we go right to KK after ET?

The problem with Medusa is a lot of kids are afraid to go upside down for their first big coaster. I consider the Runaway Train a light, coaster and would group it with Skull Mountain although a definite step up from Blackbeard. When I was there last Wed we went on Runaway Train and the blue train was being dispatched but they were not filling it. Then when it was our turn to ride they blocked a few rows of the train off and boarded the other rows. It was the absolute WORST ride I have ever had on it and I sure hope it was the train. It was violent, rattling, I felt extremely unsafe and it felt like it was jumping the track a bit. We were in the second car first row from the front. Hope they get that fixed and soon...

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/14/13 1:09:31 PM
HamptonRoadsRider said:

Since we're speculating, i fixed this for you....

xPoizon said:

2014 would be a really great year to add a 125-150 inversion coaster....

count me in :-)

I think I'm going to need a Dramamine for that one, LOL!

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by ktujon ktujon Profile at 8/14/13 1:54:53 PM
I remember riding Medusa with you, the line wasn't bad I think it started on the stairs so we went that day and yes when I was young inversions scared me but they're not bad at all now especially the ones on Medusa!
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/14/13 3:30:51 PM
I'd be scared to ride Medusa if I was young. Even Jokers Jinx was more than enough when I was younger. If it wasn't for my friends pressuring me, I might have not fell in love and started my hobby.

I think the Zero G roll on Medusa might be too much, but I could see a coaster with a simple loop or gentle corkscrew working. I always see many young ones on Anaconda and Shockwave when I go to KD but not many on Flight of Fear.

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by ktujon ktujon Profile at 8/14/13 4:15:05 PM
Flight of Fear is actually the coaster that helped me overcome inversions since its indoors and you can't see the track until you ride it of course!
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/14/13 4:24:49 PM
Premier's inversions are always smooth on their spaghetti bowls. I think the idea that you're in a jumbled mess, you can't tell which way you're going so the fear of inversions kind of diminishes, even more in the dark, like you mentioned.

Although those headchoppers are a whole 'nother thing to freak out about. I still duck from time to time on that last corkscrew, especially on Flight of Fear.

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by alpengeistno3 at 8/15/13 12:36:12 AM
GoYanks34 said:

ktujon said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Did we ride Medusa? I don't think so b/c I rode it before I met up with you. Didn't we go right to KK after ET?

The problem with Medusa is a lot of kids are afraid to go upside down for their first big coaster. I consider the Runaway Train a light, coaster and would group it with Skull Mountain although a definite step up from Blackbeard. When I was there last Wed we went on Runaway Train and the blue train was being dispatched but they were not filling it. Then when it was our turn to ride they blocked a few rows of the train off and boarded the other rows. It was the absolute WORST ride I have ever had on it and I sure hope it was the train. It was violent, rattling, I felt extremely unsafe and it felt like it was jumping the track a bit. We were in the second car first row from the front. Hope they get that fixed and soon...

Jen

Was there a short/nonexistant line for Runaway Train? I noticed Gradv puts weights in the front 2 or 3 rows when there are not many riders (I assume the ride is rollback prone when not fully loaded).

Medusa is not that violent a ride, but the 54 inch height requirement would immediately disqualify it from consideration as a "step-up" coaster. I think RT is only 46 inches, while still pretty tall, is more in line with what parks consider a good height for the "family coaster" designation.

Paul

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 12:47:44 AM
The line wasn't long when we got on (about a 3-4 train wait) but when they took the one train out of commission for a few rounds it grew exponentially. I have only ridden the red train this year - this was the first time I was on the blue so and it was obviously having problems so I assumed it was the train. Where do they put the weights? Can you see them?

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 8/15/13 11:55:17 AM
antikythera said:

Premier's inversions are always smooth on their spaghetti bowls. I think the idea that you're in a jumbled mess, you can't tell which way you're going so the fear of inversions kind of diminishes, even more in the dark, like you mentioned.

Although those headchoppers are a whole 'nother thing to freak out about. I still duck from time to time on that last corkscrew, especially on Flight of Fear.

I really love the flight of fear/Jinx rides. That last corkscrew was FAST last time i rode at SFA. Its relative speed of course, but we were hauling butt down that last twisty before the corkscrew. It gives a felling of being out of control that i like. underrated rides IMO.

GoYanks34 said:

I think I'm going to need a Dramamine for that one, LOL!
Jen

lol. The clean-up crew costs for said ride would be financially prohibitive i think.

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/15/13 3:59:47 PM
Jen,
How do I get in on this park ERT???
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/15/13 4:07:42 PM
I see.....I guess I would need to know an ACE member to get in on this fun.
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 4:29:54 PM
chitlins73 said:

Or you could come as my guest for $30. I have spots available. Jon is the only one confirmed going on my guest list right now - still waiting on Mike G to decide but if ET is out he may be too.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/15/13 5:27:17 PM
How many guests can you take??
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 5:30:57 PM
chitlins73 said:

How many guests can you take??

Up to 4

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by alpengeistno3 at 8/15/13 7:18:50 PM
GoYanks34 said:

The line wasn't long when we got on (about a 3-4 train wait) but when they took the one train out of commission for a few rounds it grew exponentially. I have only ridden the red train this year - this was the first time I was on the blue so and it was obviously having problems so I assumed it was the train. Where do they put the weights? Can you see them?

Jen

They put them on the floor of the front car. I went to ride early one morning after marathoning Medusa and they had the front 2 rows roped off. The line was just starting to grow, so they took the weights out. They look like sandbags. You can usually see them waiting near the front end of the station when they are not in use.

Paul

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 7:23:23 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

They put them on the floor of the front car. I went to ride early one morning after marathoning Medusa and they had the front 2 rows roped off. The line was just starting to grow, so they took the weights out. They look like sandbags. You can usually see them waiting near the front end of the station when they are not in use.

Paul

The front rows were in use - the back was roped off but it was due to mechanical problems.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by alpengeistno3 at 8/15/13 7:31:57 PM
GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Paul

The front rows were in use - the back was roped off but it was due to mechanical problems.

Jen

Definitely something else, then. They could have changed to "front loading" the train instead of using the weights (Mike has alluded to such a move on El Toro in the morning.)

Paul

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by Jersey_Joe Jersey_Joe Profile at 8/15/13 7:55:44 PM
GoYanks34 said:

chitlins73 said:

Or you could come as my guest for $30. I have spots available. Jon is the only one confirmed going on my guest list right now - still waiting on Mike G to decide but if ET is out he may be too.

Jen

Jen - you can bet that SF GAdv will give ERT on a different coaster. They are very good that way, or at least that was always my experience!

Have fun!

Jersey Joe

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 9:16:18 PM
Jersey_Joe said:

GoYanks34 said:

chitlins73 said:

Jen

Jen - you can bet that SF GAdv will give ERT on a different coaster. They are very good that way, or at least that was always my experience!

Have fun!

Jersey Joe

I'm sure they will. I just don't know if Mike will want to go with his favorite coaster possibly out of commission (he's on his CP trip now I think which is why he hasn't commented on this yet). I'm definitely going no matter what. I actually prefer Nitro and KK to ET anyway but it's still my #3 in the park. I'm hoping for ERT on KK - that would be better for me than ERT on ET! Hey, a girl can dream can't she? :-)

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/15/13 10:29:04 PM
Jen,
This Ace event sounds like lots of fun. Me and my girlfriend are interested if you don't have your limit of guests. I just wish El Toro was running!! Let me know if you have two spots and then I will see if my girlfriend wants to go. How much would it be?
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/15/13 10:59:00 PM
chitlins73 said:

Jen,
This Ace event sounds like lots of fun. Me and my girlfriend are interested if you don't have your limit of guests. I just wish El Toro was running!! Let me know if you have two spots and then I will see if my girlfriend wants to go. How much would it be?

That should be fine. The only other person I have to hear from is Mike G who was still debating it so I definitely have 2 spots left. It's $30 per person for a guest with the online processing fees. I would just need her full name for the form. Message me on FB so we don't have to bore everyone on here with the gory details, LOL.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/16/13 6:20:52 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

alpengeistno3 said:

GoYanks34 said:

Jen

Paul

Jen

Definitely something else, then. They could have changed to "front loading" the train instead of using the weights (Mike has alluded to such a move on El Toro in the morning.)

Paul

Well, not *HERE*.........Or, if I did, my thoughts didn't take on the life they did elsewhere..;)

I also found id funny that the OP said GAdv hasn't gotten a new coaster since '06, not counting Green Lantern. He/she..much as I'd like to...forgot about that P.O.C. in the Box. Yeah, I hate it, but it was indeed a new coaster post-'06.

Mike

* This post was modified at 8/16/13 6:26:38 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by McCloud11 at 8/18/13 9:10:29 PM
Obviously RT isn't going away anytime soon for you guys.

SFOT announced the removal of Flashback and Chute out at the beginning of August, like most other parks do too. Who would announce that last minute?

RT just got some new stuff so that would be a waste of money.

I heard some rumor about SF trying to Iron Horse most of their racing woodies.

There are a lot of employee buildings back behind Kingda Ka and why send people all the way out there when you can put that drop tower in Movie Town or out towards Bizzaro.

And record breaking? Yeah might as well make it free standing so SFOT can't say "Well ours is the tallest free standing drop tower!"

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 10:38:02 AM
xPoizon said:

SF AMERICA
Considering they got apocalypse in 2012 (even though it was relocated) and the height limit was removed, I think they should add a 300-400 ft sky screamer like SFOT

Rajin Cajun coaster and new Mardi Gras area

SF DISCOVERY KINGDOM

They just got a brand new coaster in 2012, but since they have only 2 water slides, aqua twist, a family water spinning ride, like at SF la ronde

Tsunami Soaker - this one you got right

SF FIESTA TEXAS

After getting a skyscreamer, then iron rattler in 2013, 2014 should bring a Show to SFFT

Bahama Blaster water slide

SF GREAT ADVENTURE

Kumanjaro drop tower and removal of RT (I was right on this one)

Plus Bonzai pipelines at Hurricane Harbor

SF GREAT AMERICA

Since they got a new coaster in 2012, and a show in 2013, 2014 is the year for a flat ride.
I would expect a skyscreamer, maybe a RMC upgrade to a wooden coaster

Goliath - worlds fastest wooden coaster

SF Magic Mountain

Full throttle was the big ride for SFMM. I would expect a show, but you never know. Maybe aqua twist or a fam coaster to add to the line up.

Kids area and 2 coasters running backwards

SF Mexico

Not including the 2 wild mouses, the last coaster was built 14 years ago, 2014 would be a really great year to add a 125-150 multi inversion coaster would be nice. It could even be relocated, just add something!

wood transformed to steel track coaster

SF NEW ENGLAND

probably a show, considering they Goliath for 2012 and bonzaii for 2013

Skyscreamer

SF NEW ORLEANS

How about refurbish the remaining rides and give them to a park that doesn't have a boomerang or wild mouse??

No

SF ST LOUIS

They just got boomerang, so a show for 2014

Tsunami Soaker

SF OVER TEXAS

it'll be 6 years since they got a family coaster, and 13 years since they got a thrill coaster. How about a giant boomerang, custom launch coaster, b and m wing coaster, a impulse coaster, if not maybe 2015?

Kids area

La ronde
A new flat ride, or a show since they got aqua twist last year

Demon - Huss top spin like ride on an arm

So you were 1 for 14.

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/29/13 10:59:03 AM
Can they pick a name other than Goliath? I get that they copyrighted the name, but at least make it consistent than having every type lumped in from a: boomerang, invert, hyper and now wood coaster.
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/29/13 11:01:31 AM
I agree Phil. I thought the name Goliath was stupid for their new wooden. Let's add more to the confusion like all the Bizarros and Superman's out there. SMH Six Flags.
Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/29/13 11:44:57 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Can they pick a name other than Goliath? I get that they copyrighted the name, but at least make it consistent than having every type lumped in from a: boomerang, invert, hyper and now wood coaster.

I know! There's a lot of Medusas, Goliath's and Supermans. At least all the Batmans are inverts (I think anyway). They really need to be a little more creative and original. When someone mentions a coaster you have no idea which one or which park - it's ridiculous.

And does every drop tower have to be "Drop of Doom"?
It would have been nice to pay homage to Free Fall in some way. Zumanjaro: Free Fall Spectacular! :-)

Jen

Re: My six flags 2014 predictions by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/30/13 6:30:28 PM
Yup. The goliath formerly batman tr at new orleans could've been left as a batman. I don't see the point of retheming it. Now i won't go as far as saying rename nitro into goliath since it is a hyper coaster, but at least be a little more creative or keep the name for just the steel coasters.