Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Knoebel's Phunfest this year

Knoebel's Phunfest this year

MABrider MABrider Profile

Posted:
7/31/13 at
9:35:22 PM

In case you haven't found out otherwise, Phunfest this year is October 5, which is NOT Columbus Day weekend.

Per usual, that IS the same weekend of the annual Covered Bridge Festival and that enormous craft fair they have.

But all that activity has previously been held on Columbus Day weekend.

Mike B.
Re: Knoebel's Phunfest this year by Patripman Patripman Profile at 8/1/13 8:17:05 AM
As of now it looks good for us to be there this year. I maybe setting up a campsite and if I can swing it I may get there on Thursday and make it a 4 day event with a few rounds of golf at 3 Ponds.

P

Re: Knoebel's Phunfest this year by drachen drachen Profile at 8/1/13 4:16:27 PM
Do you guys hang out with "Back Seat Bill"? I met him at Conneaut Lake on Sunday. He said he always gets the same campsite, and that I should swing by and say hello if I can.
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Knoebel's Phunfest this year by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/1/13 5:22:51 PM
Patripman said:

As of now it looks good for us to be there this year. I maybe setting up a campsite and if I can swing it I may get there on Thursday and make it a 4 day event with a few rounds of golf at 3 Ponds.

P

One of these years, I may pack my clubs to play a round at their course.

I'll be on the lookout at PPP, will be nice to see you, Bernard.
But please, keep Ripples at bay!

Mike B.
Re: Knoebel's Phunfest this year by Patripman Patripman Profile at 8/1/13 5:27:11 PM
Who?

No we hang with "R", that is if he sets up his campsite, which by the way hasn't happened in 3 years. You see he began taking trips to Las Vegas instead of PPP. Just think he was probably one of the first people to decorate a campsite dating back to 1994. Now everyone wants to outdo the other, which was not the intent in the early years.

patripman

* This post was modified at 8/1/13 5:50:36 PM *

Re: Knoebel's Phunfest this year by drachen drachen Profile at 8/1/13 10:23:25 PM
I don't know if the "Who?" was directed at me or not, but this is the guy I was talking about (go to the 2:16 mark of the video). Anybody know him? Seemed like a nice enough fellow...

* This post was modified at 8/1/13 10:24:06 PM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Knoebel's Phunfest this year by MABrider MABrider Profile at 8/2/13 8:27:57 AM
drachen said:

I don't know if the "Who?" was directed at me or not, but this is the guy I was talking about (go to the 2:16 mark of the video). Anybody know him? Seemed like a nice enough fellow...

Sorry, the "who" commentary is an inside joke, one that old time URCers know about.
And I mean old, like me!

And yes, that is Backseat Bill in that video.
He is one of those enthusiasts, like many others, that you may see anywhere at anytime, you just never know. So, lots of "us" know him or know of him, and vice versa, etc...

Mike B.