Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info

Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
7/29/13 at
1:28:47 AM

I've decided I'm going down to Morey's for a day trip on Tuesday. They have a Tuesday special for $24 unlimited rides from 1 pm - 6 pm and since I'm only about 1 hr 20 min away and haven't been there in a gazillion years I figured I should make the trip. Last time I was there the Sea Serpent was the "big" coaster, LOL!

My question is are there any rides other than the coasters and rides that I would never pass up (claw pendulum, drop tower, pirate ship, etc) that I should make sure I do? Just want to make sure I ride everything that's worth riding. I saw Great White doesn't open until 4 pm and Ghost ship doesn't open until 5 but all the others are open all day.

Is Ghost Ship worth it to make sure I don't miss it if I'm at the other pier or should I make sure to get there? It says with the unlimited wristbands you can only ride Ghost ship and Great White twice (only rides with those restrictions) so I'm assuming it's a popular good one.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well.

If any of you are going to be around that day and want to meet up let me know. Planning on getting there around 12:30ish and staying until around 6:30ish to avoid rush hour traffic coming home.

Thanks in advance!

Jen

Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by depotrat at 7/29/13 6:46:32 AM
Jen

We haven't been there in a while but other than the coasters we try to hit as follows:

Landing Pier
Giant Wheel
Malestrom
Seagull Cycles
Pirates of Wildwood

Surfside Pier
Atmosfear
Zoom Phloom
Rock N Roll
Dante's Dungeon

Adventure Pier
Not much since most is upcharge

With six hours, a bracelet, and a Tuesday you should be able to do all this and much more unless this deal is more popular than it used to be.

Hope this helps

Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by MABrider MABrider Profile at 7/29/13 1:04:02 PM
For an old-fashion log ride, Zoom Phloom is one of the best I've ever been on.
It's quite long, too.
On Surfside.

Ghost Ship is a walk through.
On Mariner's Landing.

Mike B.
Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/29/13 1:30:23 PM
Thanks guys! I have been on the log flume and I intend to ride it again. Just wanted to see if there were any other smaller rides that I shouldn't miss. Looking at Atmosfear I don't think I'll be riding that - I don't like flats that go upside down or hang me upside down. Not my cup of tea.

Anyone know if they let you wear fanny packs? I sent them an e-mail yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Jen

edit: Oops - I was confusing Atmosphere with the claw ride that goes upside down! Of course I'm riding the drop tower! ;-)

* This post was modified at 7/29/13 3:52:55 PM *

Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by drachen drachen Profile at 8/2/13 11:00:37 AM
Sorry to be tardy to the party. I hope you had fun! Wildwood is one of my favorite places on the planet, and the Morey's operate one of the world's elite amusement facilities.

For what it's worth, my non-coaster must-rides are:

Surfside Pier
AtmosFEAR!
Cygnus X-1
'it'
Zoom Phloom
Kang-a-Bounce
Dante's Dungeon

Mariner's Landing
Giant Wheel
Flying Galleon Sky Ships
Sea Gull Cycles
Pirates of the Wildwood
Ghost Ship
Rip Tide (new model swinging ship)
Moby Dick

Adventure Pier
Screamin' Swing (though it's an upcharge...)
Just ride Great White a few times. It's running like it's brand new!

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/2/13 10:57:01 PM
drachen said:

Sorry to be tardy to the party. I hope you had fun! Wildwood is one of my favorite places on the planet, and the Morey's operate one of the world's elite amusement facilities.

For what it's worth, my non-coaster must-rides are:

Surfside Pier
AtmosFEAR!
Cygnus X-1
'it'
Zoom Phloom
Kang-a-Bounce
Dante's Dungeon

Mariner's Landing
Giant Wheel
Flying Galleon Sky Ships
Sea Gull Cycles
Pirates of the Wildwood
Ghost Ship
Rip Tide (new model swinging ship)
Moby Dick

Adventure Pier
Screamin' Swing (though it's an upcharge...)
Just ride Great White a few times. It's running like it's brand new!

When I posted this I thought "Great - the one person who was just there is at Cedar Point! LOL!

I hit just about everything you mentioned too with the exception on a few due to time constraints.

Had a great time - I can't believe how much it's changed since I've been there last. I'll do a mini-TR soon.

Jen

Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by frontrow frontrow Profile at 8/2/13 11:28:39 PM
Hey Jen, whenever Morey's builds that GCI wooden coaster we will be there. I will need advice from you and Mike. I would like to visit all the parks on the NJ shore. I must admit that I'm very uninformed about those parks. I have done very little research, but I do know we would have a great time. Hopefully next year is the year.
Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by drachen drachen Profile at 8/3/13 12:16:53 AM
Hopefully next year is the year! I've been waiting for this thing to get built for a long time...

And Jen, I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on the place. When was the last time you were there?

* This post was modified at 8/3/13 12:17:38 AM *

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 8/3/13 6:32:31 AM
I am also holding out till the new woodie is built!!
Re: Morey's Pier Wildwood NJ info by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 8/3/13 7:17:20 PM
drachen said:

And Jen, I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on the place. When was the last time you were there?

Sadly 1990. I went quite a bit while in High school and in my late teens for prom weekends and such but I was a Seaside metal chick at heart - that's where I was most of the time. Wildwood was too far to drive to and more expensive while growing up. We could go down to Seaside to cruise (the strip or boardwalk) and come home the same night but could never do that at Wildwood (about a 3 1/2 hr drive). Plus the chances were very good that you'd find someone you knew in Seaside who had a room and you could crash there. Then I just never went back when I got older, not for any particular reason, just had other things to do I suppose.

Glad I finally made it back though! I think I'll definitely consider making a longer stay next time.

Jen