Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever!

Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever!

zachb2328

Posted:
7/26/13 at
6:10:43 PM

Hey guys I'm new to the forums. I wanted to know your favorite roller coasters that you have ever been on. Here is my top 3:

1. Kingda Ka (Six Flags Great Adventure)
2. Nitro (Six Flags Great Adventure)
3. Sky Rush (Hershey Park)

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by drachen drachen Profile at 7/26/13 7:18:57 PM
Welcome aboard!

My three "favorites" would be...

1) Phoenix, Knoebels
2) Magnum XL-200, Cedar Point
3) Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by antikythera antikythera Profile at 7/26/13 8:11:05 PM
1. Superman, Ride of Steel - Six Flags America
2. Volcano - Kings Dominion
3. Talon - Dorney Park
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Patripman Patripman Profile at 7/26/13 10:07:05 PM
In no special order

Whirlwind--- Knoebels (removed to build the worlds largest lawn ornament)

Jack Rabbit--- Kennywood

Son of Beast--- now removed PKI

Patripman

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/26/13 11:31:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.
My top 3 would be:
1) El Toro Six Flags Great Adventure
2) Intimadator 305 Kings Dominion
3) Skyrush Hershey Park
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/26/13 11:38:46 PM
Welcome Zach! That's hard to pick my favorite 3 but if you put a gun to my head I'd say:

Kingda Ka (just got off him a little while ago actually and had 2 awesome night rides!), Griffon and Nitro.

Jen

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/27/13 12:29:38 AM
I want to put Nitro on my list, but I wished I had more rides to judge it properly.

In no particular order:
I305 (the current form with the new otsr and no 1st hill trims)
Montu (my fav inverted coaster)
a toss up bw Kumba (still intense for an old coaster) and Incredible Hulk (the launch and the great first half until the wrap around the tube)

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 7/27/13 3:32:06 PM
Welcome! Im new too. My top 3 at the moment...

1. Intimidator 305
2. Top thrill dragster
3. Millenium force

Ive been thinking why TTD launch felt so much more intense than hypersonic when i rode it. I guess that extra 40mph makes a huge difference. I dont remembef being so amazed at hypersonic than i was after TTD!

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 7/27/13 4:17:19 PM
My top three out of all the coasters I've ever ridden (at least 183) are:
Skyrush
El Toro
Top Thrill Dragster
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Katie Katie Profile at 7/27/13 5:01:20 PM
Tied for 1st: Intimidator 305 and Voyage
2nd: Phoenix
3rd: Vortex (Kings Island)
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/27/13 6:26:57 PM
My current Top 3:

1. El Toro
2. Ravine Flyer II
3. Beast/Voyage (Tie)

I havent been on RF since 2009, Beast since 2010, and Voyage since '07. All goes well, I'll see if RF keeps it's place in the middle of next month.

If we're to include defunct coasters, Son Of Beast would be in there.

My favorite steel rides are Intimidator 305, Superman (SF America) and Millennium Force, followed closely by Nitro.

Welcome aboard the URC train!

Mike

* This post was modified at 7/27/13 6:47:29 PM *

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 7/28/13 8:32:29 PM
1. The Voyage
2. I-305
3. Skyrush
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by antikythera antikythera Profile at 7/28/13 8:57:22 PM
HamptonRoadsRider said:

Welcome! Im new too. My top 3 at the moment...

1. Intimidator 305
2. Top thrill dragster
3. Millenium force

Ive been thinking why TTD launch felt so much more intense than hypersonic when i rode it. I guess that extra 40mph makes a huge difference. I dont remembef being so amazed at hypersonic than i was after TTD!

I feel like it has more to do with it being a hydraulic luanch than a pneumatic one.

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/28/13 10:01:50 PM
Anyone who has SkyRush in there top 3 seriously needs a psychological evaluation! Gotta love my crazy psycho friends! ;-)

Jen

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 7/29/13 2:23:28 PM
That would be me and Ken....lol...I was actually thinking of you Jen when I was on my Texas trip. I can sorta tell what kinds of coasters you would really like from all the posts I have read about you. Let me tell you I would be willing to bet anything that you would love The Texas Giant and Iron Rattler. Both those coasters are so SMOOTH. The front of Texas Giant was actually a snoozer for me and my girlfriend. It was just too smooth and in control. It was not till later when we went in the back,that we discovered why it was #3 on the Mitch Hawker Poll. Lots of airtime in the back but still smooth as a babies behind. Neither of those coasters would make my top ten. Not because they were not fun,but because they did not have that crazy and intense feeling like I-305,Voyage,and Skyrush.
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/29/13 2:47:59 PM
chitlins73 said:

That would be me and Ken....lol...

And Lee - you left her out! :-)

I was actually thinking of you Jen when I was on my Texas trip. I can sorta tell what kinds of coasters you would really like from all the posts I have read about you. Let me tell you I would be willing to bet anything that you would love The Texas Giant and Iron Rattler. Both those coasters are so SMOOTH. The front of Texas Giant was actually a snoozer for me and my girlfriend. It was just too smooth and in control. It was not till later when we went in the back,that we discovered why it was #3 on the Mitch Hawker Poll. Lots of airtime in the back but still smooth as a babies behind. Neither of those coasters would make my top ten. Not because they were not fun,but because they did not have that crazy and intense feeling like I-305,Voyage,and Skyrush.

I'm supposed to go to SFFT at some point since my brother lives in Austin and I can't wait to ride IR - I agree - I think I'll love it in the back row (where I ride everything but launches, stand-ups and horrible overbanked "please kill me now" woodies (lol). I may be going later this year but we'll have to see when it reopens. Don't know if we'll get to Arlington though since it's a far drive, my brother is not a coaster lover and I'll only have a few days there. But you're right - I need hills and air time to make me happy on traditional coasters.

I actually didn't dislike I-305. I thought it was intense but not in a bad way. What I didn't like about it was that you are going too fast for a "wee" on that magnificent first drop. I was more disappointed that there were no "wees" than anything. I actually found it very smooth and easy to ride. It's just all about speed and it really didn't do much for me. That is actually one other coaster that I preferred the front to the back on for some reason.

Never rode Voyage so I can't comment there but Voyage has hills and as long as a woodie has decent hills I'll tolerate the rest. It when there's no good hills or hills that curve (why bother!?) that it does nothing for me anyway so the bumps and bruises are so much more painful. :-P

Jen

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Coaster316 at 7/29/13 4:00:12 PM
1. KD Grizzly
2. Phoenix (Knoebels)
3. Too close to call among multiple choices.
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by hersheyworker hersheyworker Profile at 7/29/13 5:04:06 PM
1. Skyrush (just rode it twice today!)
2. El Toro
3. Too hard to pick a third maybe Griffin or Alpengeist or...
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 7/29/13 6:18:00 PM
As on my profile....

Voyage
Son of Beast w/loop (RIP)
Millennium Force.

Re: Your Favorite Roller Coaster Ever! by Tomes at 7/30/13 5:06:56 AM
Damn.. It's hard for me to even decide on my #1..

So all these following tie for #1 (plus-or-minus):

-Millennium Force
-El Toro
-Top Thrill Dragster
-Intimidator305
-Griffon
-Riddler's Revenge

*Runner ups:
-Volcano
-Incredible Hulk
-Manta
-Kraken
-Kingda Ka
-Sheikra
-Montu
-Alpengeist
-Storm Runner
-X2ish
-Maverick

Sorry for the long list, but if you put a gun to my head I wouldn't be able to decide what's the order between the above..

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by rush211243 at 7/30/13 9:07:22 AM
Katie said:

Tied for 1st: Intimidator 305 and Voyage
2nd: Phoenix
3rd: Vortex (Kings Island)

Vortex! Wow, that'a rough one! But i did ride it plenty my two day trip to KI.

Currently I have to rank:
3)Volcano/Nitro
2)MF
1)Outlaw Run

Of course i just went to SDC and it was great. I wanted to make a TR but will soon! :)
But the coolest fact from my trip was that I rode my 100th coaster and it was Outlaw Run!! Now on 102 after riding Stinger at DP. It was down last couple times there.

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Coaster316 at 7/30/13 9:26:04 AM
Congrats on your 100th, rush211243.

Please post the SDC trip report when you can. Its one of my favorite parks and I love reading about it.

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by pyl-driver pyl-driver Profile at 7/30/13 8:27:38 PM
1.Maverick 2.SheiKra 3.X2
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Kumba2013 at 7/31/13 11:28:16 PM
I can't compare woodies to steel so I separated them
Woodies
1: American Thunder
2: Gwazi
3: Screamin Eagle
steel
1: Cheetah Hunt
2: Kumba
3: Wildfire
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! Photo by LaneVids at 8/4/13 4:01:51 PM
I live in the south, and have not been able to visit many parks in other parts of the USA (yet), so of what I have rode, I like

1. Poltergeist (Six Flags Fiesta Texas)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJnqajS9Ego

2. Sheikra (Busch Gardens - Tampa)

3. Steel Eel - SeaWorld San Antonio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29x1YJLdr3k&list=PL3B69234ED4505833

* This post was modified at 8/4/13 4:05:36 PM *

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 8/6/13 11:12:14 PM
Kumba2013 said:

I can't compare woodies to steel so I separated them
Woodies
1: American Thunder
2: Gwazi
3: Screamin Eagle
steel
1: Cheetah Hunt
2: Kumba
3: Wildfire

Not knocking you there, but gwazi? I mean if this was right away in 2011 when they added the new trains, i would agree, but since then it's been rougher and worse as it was before.

Cheetah hunt is an interesting choice, but what is your opinion about montu?

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 8/7/13 9:25:12 AM
Welcome to the forums! (I'm late to the party here)

Top 3 Steel

1. Nitro
2. Iron Rattler (still fresh in my mind)
3. Griffon

I would have Apollo's Chariot here, but I put Griffon instead due to it being a different type than Nitro.

Top 3 Wooden

1. El Toro
2. Hades
3. Voyage

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 8/7/13 9:35:28 AM
mugen828 said:

I would have Apollo's Chariot here, but I put Griffon instead due to it being a different type than Nitro.

I'm really looking forward to riding another B&M hyper besides Apollo's Chariot. I love the ride and would like to be able to compare it to some of the others out there.

Re: Your Favortie Roller Coaster Ever! by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 8/7/13 3:42:24 PM
HamptonRoadsRider said:

mugen828 said:

I'm really looking forward to riding another B&M hyper besides Apollo's Chariot. I love the ride and would like to be able to compare it to some of the others out there.

I've been on a good number of B&M Hypers, and Apollo's Chariot is at or near the bottom, along with Raging Bull. Lots of folks rave on them and they getta whole lotta love (speaking of B&M Hypers, I miss Zeppelin)...but those two do nothing for me.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...