Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Worlds of fun 2014?

Worlds of fun 2014?

Baileym514

Posted:
7/26/13 at
5:56:24 PM

I know kings island is getting something huge supposedly named Banshee, but what about cf's other parks? Cedar point might not get something because they just got gatekeeper, and I know they have other parks, but worlds of fun will be going on its 5th year without a new ride other than that slide complex. Anyone think something might be built?

Re: Worlds of fun 2014? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/26/13 11:41:25 PM
Baileym514 said:

I know kings island is getting something huge supposedly named Banshee, but what about cf's other parks? Cedar point might not get something because they just got gatekeeper, and I know they have other parks, but worlds of fun will be going on its 5th year without a new ride other than that slide complex. Anyone think something might be built?

They're kind of the bastard Cedar Fair child - like SF America is for the Six Flags chain. Haven't heard anything but it really is unfair. At least SFA gets hand-me-downs. 5 years without anything remotely new is pretty bad.

Jen

Re: Worlds of fun 2014? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/27/13 12:23:34 AM
But CF already has CP and KI, do they really need 3 parks in the same state? If they really wanted to keep that park, they never should've moved all the coasters there to various parks. If anything, maybe CF could look to build/purchase somewhere they have no foothold in like further north east like Darien lake? (or is it too 'close' to Canada's wonderland?)

* This post was modified at 7/27/13 12:25:27 AM *

Re: Worlds of fun 2014? by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/27/13 12:48:11 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

But CF already has CP and KI, do they really need 3 parks in the same state? If they really wanted to keep that park, they never should've moved all the coasters there to various parks. If anything, maybe CF could look to build/purchase somewhere they have no foothold in like further north east like Darien lake? (or is it too 'close' to Canada's wonderland?)

Worlds of Fun is in Kansas City, MO not Ohio. I was supposed to go once when I was in Iowa but plans fell through. Caught a few ballgames when the Yankees were playing the Royals though and had a blast with the locals tailgating.

Jen

Re: Worlds of fun 2014? by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/27/13 1:10:13 AM
GoYanks34 said:
Worlds of Fun is in Kansas City, MO not Ohio. I was supposed to go once when I was in Iowa but plans fell through. Caught a few ballgames when the Yankees were playing the Royals though and had a blast with the locals tailgating.

Jen

D'Oh. Oh man I'm having a senior moment there, my apologies. I totally forgot about the KC park. I keep associating Geauga lake with Worlds of Fun/Adventure. I see what you mean now.
Cool, one of my bucket wish lists is to be able to watch at least half of baseball games from the other stadiums no matter who's playing.

* This post was modified at 7/27/13 1:16:55 AM *

Re: Worlds of fun 2014? by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/27/13 7:23:57 AM
I agree, but I will say Prowler is exceptional, which was their last installation. With Worlds of Fun having an amazing wooden coaster, a hypercoaster, a B&M invert, another decent woodie, a boomerang, and a spinning coaster, I wonder what they will build next. Wing Riders seem to be the current trend, but I myself would like to see them add some thing more unique. A launch coaster with a few inversions would be pretty neat; maybe something like Storm Runner. All in all I really like Worlds of Fun and a new coaster would inspire me to revisit.
Re: Worlds of fun 2014? by Baileym514 at 7/27/13 8:03:14 PM
Quite frankly, i feel something huge needs to be built. They keep complaining that the parks attendance isn't high enough to build something like a giga coaster, but if they WERE to build one the park's reputation (and then attendance) would skyrocket. The closest theme park is in st Louis. I just wish worlds of fun wasn't always left out.