Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Insane Coaster Wars tonight

Insane Coaster Wars tonight

GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile

Posted:
7/15/13 at
12:37:51 AM

Anyone who watched it saw our own "Coastermom" (Jodi) featured on the X2 segment! Finally - a REAL enthusiast on the show! I thought she did a great job. :-)

She doesn't come on here much anymore but she used to be a frequent contributor and thought I'd let you guys who know/remember her that she was on.

Jen

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/15/13 1:32:42 AM
Lol, I was going to say the same. She's obviously rode it more than 1 or 2 times and earns the 'enthusiast' label. A label sadly cheapened and given to anyone willing to ride the coaster and scream for the camera.
Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by Coaster316 at 7/15/13 8:54:47 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Lol, I was going to say the same. She's obviously rode it more than 1 or 2 times and earns the 'enthusiast' label. A label sadly cheapened and given to anyone willing to ride the coaster and scream for the camera.

Oh, I'd say the coaster enthusiast label was cheapened a long time ago.

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 7/15/13 11:29:39 AM
I have downloaded the first season and only watched the first episode.

My question is this... How do you graduate from a "Coaster Enthusiast" to "Coaster Expert" Mr Robb Alvey?

Regards,
Kevin "Wanabee Expert" Reid

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/15/13 11:42:06 AM
KevinReid said:

I have downloaded the first season and only watched the first episode.

My question is this... How do you graduate from a "Coaster Enthusiast" to "Coaster Expert" Mr Robb Alvey?

Regards,
Kevin "Wanabee Expert" Reid

The response I would like to give is not appropriate for this forum. It involves getting on your knees... :-D

I can't stand him - mainly because how he has treated others on this forum. He's an arrogant POS and no more a coaster expert than many of the people who post here, except the people I'm thinking of actually have integrity.

I'll vote for you to be the next great coaster expert Kevin! In exchange I get to be the "coaster enthusiast" featured on KK on your launch coaster special! ;-)

Jen

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by ray_p ray_p Profile at 7/15/13 1:33:29 PM
Come on guys. The show wouldn’t be anywhere near as informative without his insight. His quote last night (along these lines) of “X-Flight, X2, iSpeed and Superman Escape are all high-speed coasters with extreme elements that people love” added so much to the show. Without that expert knowledge, how am I to know that those were high-speed coasters? Remember, if you don’t or haven’t worked in “the industry”, you have no right to have an opinion on coasters. At least that’s what he has said on numerous occasions.

Can’t wait to see what batch of completely unrelated rides are on next week and to hear Mr. Alvey say something like “These four coasters are all big and made of many individual parts.”

Ray P.
(who did work in the amusement industry many years ago)

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by drachen drachen Profile at 7/15/13 1:56:59 PM
Ah yes... the master self-promoter. Ray's right in that he really adds no value to the program. If I hear him say the words "what coaster enthusiasts CRAVE" one more time...

Anyway, I actually enjoyed last night's show, and I'm happy to see new park specials on TV. I have to say, I look forward to Sunday nights much like I looked forward to the old Memorial Day "Thrills, Chills, and Spills" series of park specials on Discovery Channel about 15 years ago.

Since the show isn't comparing comparable coasters this year, I was surprised to see two Intamin launched coasters together. From the looks of it, those are probably two of Intamin's better designs.

I'm glad to see a truly fantastic coaster in X2 win. It made me want to go back to Magic Mountain. That ride is incredible in so many ways.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/15/13 10:58:33 PM
Lmao! You guys are too much! If this was fb, i'd give you all likes for your posts.
As for the two intamin launchers, they do seem like what fahrenheit and storm runner would be if the took the launch with a bunch of compact elements. To me that makes the ride a bit more enjoyable even if they aren't the tallest or fastest. It's nice to have a few seconds of thrill, but if the end/2nd half has nothing to show for it, then the ride is a disappointment.
Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/15/13 11:24:37 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

As for the two intamin launchers, they do seem like what fahrenheit and storm runner would be if the took the launch with a bunch of compact elements.

I thought the EXACT same thing!!

"Like" button for you too!

Jen

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 7/16/13 1:53:47 AM
^^^Thanks for the heads up Jen. Didn't Jodi say that she rode X/X2 1,600 times? I can't imagine riding on one coaster that many times. She's definitely dedicated with the tat and all.

X-Flight got crushed by the comp; It being 4th place kinda surprised me. They might as well trim it down to the last three; Leviathan, Millie, and I-305.

#whatcoasterenthusiastcrave
:)

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/16/13 7:53:50 AM
GoYanks34 said:

I thought the EXACT same thing!!

"Like" button for you too!

Jen

Thanks! Yeah, now that's something i would have no problems waiting in a long line for. I want a decent launcher with some more stuff after it to make it a more complete ride. I am not a fan of the vertical climbs and think it'd be better to just rip the band aid off with the launch than a slow steep ascent.

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by alpengeistno3 at 7/16/13 5:04:46 PM
I finally saw the episode (had to record it on mom's DVR and pry her away from the TV long enough to watch it.) Great seeing a "real" enthusiast for a change. I'm curious about the "Steve" guy on X-Flight. Claims he has ridden it over 100 times then they proceeded to show most of the footage of his 2 girl friends, who had never ridden it. That bites!

Paul

Re: Insane Coaster Wars tonight by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/16/13 7:22:19 PM
lol, yeah they must've really let that slip letting a real enthusiast get the spot light or maybe they were just impressed by Jodi's tattoo. As for the x flight, no surprise there, just more ppl to scream their heads off... season will mercifully end after sunday's ep.

And maybe they'll do the top 10 again the week after.