Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Real Time Coaster Survey 2013

Real Time Coaster Survey 2013

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
7/14/13 at
10:27:53 AM

I've posted this the last coupla years, and it generated a fair amount of interest, so here goes:

What was the last coaster you rode?

What do you anticipate will be the next coaster you'll ride?

For me:

Last..Sidewinder at Hershey, before the s*** hit the fan.

Next..Kingda Ka this Thursday. I'm supposed to take my friend and former co-worker Donna. But this is only if the health issue I'm CURRENTLY fighting clears up by mid-week. And I found out out yesterday Donna has to go to the unemployment office that day, so if we go, it may be a late start.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 7/14/13 2:01:43 PM
Last coaster: Wildfire, Silver Dollar City, August 2012.

Next: Who knows? There is a slight possibility of visiting SDC in August, and an even less likely chance of a CP visit, but it is looking more and more likely that I will have a completely coasterless year... :(

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by chris92se chris92se Profile at 7/14/13 2:27:13 PM
beastmaster said:

I've posted this the last coupla years, and it generated a fair amount of interest, so here goes:

What was the last coaster you rode?

What do you anticipate will be the next coaster you'll ride?

Mike

Last coaster was Tatsu at SFMM on 7/11/2013

Not sure about the next one.

We are hoping to finally go to Cedar Point in 2014. I live in Oregon, so getting to the Midwest or East Coast is difficult. I also have a 12 year-old son with Muscular Dystrophy (he is in a wheelchair) so my wife and I get five days a year to go on an adventure when he is at MDA summer camp.

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by drachen drachen Profile at 7/15/13 1:14:13 AM
Last: sooperdooperLooper, Hersheypark

Next: Looking more likely to be the Conneaut Lake Blue Streak, on the way out to Cedar Point later this month. Hopefully hitting Kennywood on the way back.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by antikythera antikythera Profile at 7/15/13 10:16:33 AM
Last coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

Next coaster: Most likely Superman: Ride of Steel

I had plans to make it out to Great Adventure for the first time and/or Dorney Park/Kings Dominion again, but financial setbacks keep hitting me, so I'm stuck visiting my homepark for some time.

* This post was modified at 7/15/13 10:23:15 AM *

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by starparts5 at 7/15/13 10:29:53 AM
Last diamond back KI
Next hopefully I305 kings dominion, and Volcano
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Coaster316 at 7/15/13 11:30:09 AM
Last: Black Diamond, Knoebels
Next: Rock N Roller Coaster, Disney Studios in November
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 7/15/13 11:33:28 AM
Last: Dragon's Tail Coaster (bobsled) Labadee, Haiti March 2013.

Next: No Idea!

Regards,
Kevin Reid

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 7/15/13 1:02:04 PM
Last: Prowler at WoF, early June.
Oh wait, it was Wacky Mouse in York Beach, ME, July 4. I'd forgotten about that...and wish I hadn't remembered!

Next: I only have set plans for Sept 7 at SFGAdv for Riding of the Bull Cinco (I missed Cuatro) and can't say what would be first up.
That doesn't mean I won't ride something prior to that, but for now, no clue.

Mike B.
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by HamptonRoadsRider HamptonRoadsRider Profile at 7/15/13 2:04:03 PM
Last: Comet at Hershey Park - very suprisingly fun caoster! Airtime!

Next: DA GATEKEEPAH (says Arnold) on thursday if all goes according to plan. Can's wait!

antikythera said:

I really enjoyed Superman:ROS at SFA. We went for the first time this year and SFA was a suprisingly decent park. Superman reminds me of I305 "light" great coaster and definitely up on my favorites list

* This post was modified at 7/15/13 2:09:02 PM *

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 7/15/13 3:06:56 PM
Last: Tornado at Strickers Grove
Next: Probably Gatekeeper at Cedar Point
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/15/13 8:59:50 PM
beastmaster said:

Next..Kingda Ka this Thursday. I'm supposed to take my friend and former co-worker Donna. But this is only if the health issue I'm CURRENTLY fighting clears up by mid-week. And I found out out yesterday Donna has to go to the unemployment office that day, so if we go, it may be a late start.

Mike

Yeah, I'm responding to and quoting my own post. So shoot me.

I went to the doctor today about the above noted health issue. Suffice to say I will NOT be going to GrAdv this week. I had to get cut today, and I don't anticipate being ready to ride. And the doctor wants to see me Thursday again anyway, so that's that.

So what's my next coaster? Don't have an answer.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by leviathan leviathan Profile at 7/15/13 10:48:15 PM
Last: Phoenix, Knoebels
Next: doesn't matter...won't be as good!

Seriously, I'm guessing either Silver Comet or Ride of Steel will be next, both in Western, NY. Depends where we get to first!

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 7/15/13 11:00:04 PM
Last: Iron Rattler

Next: Iron Rattler

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by antikythera antikythera Profile at 7/16/13 12:14:31 AM
HamptonRoadsRider said:

Last: Comet at Hershey Park - very suprisingly fun caoster! Airtime!

Next: DA GATEKEEPAH (says Arnold) on thursday if all goes according to plan. Can's wait!

antikythera said:

I really enjoyed Superman:ROS at SFA. We went for the first time this year and SFA was a suprisingly decent park. Superman reminds me of I305 "light" great coaster and definitely up on my favorites list

Yeah, the park is getting better, despite it's change in hands one too many times. I like to take multiple rides on Superman on Sunday mornings. It's quite tranquil.

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/16/13 9:40:01 PM
Last: Skull Mountain (would have been Nitro if they weren't only running one train with a line back to the switchbacks!)

Next: ? Either something at SFGadv (probably KK, ET or Nitro) or one of the Knoebels woodies since I'm planning on making a trip soon. I would have been at SFGadv today after I went to Hurricane Harbor if I wasn't melting while in the water. NO WAY was I going to the park today - that heat was brutal!

Jen

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/17/13 8:51:56 AM
Last...Nitro? I honestly can't remember. I believe it was.

Next, I HOPE it's Skyrush, but in all reality it's probably gonna be Nitro, or The Great White in Wildwood as I haven't gotten to the beach yet this summer :)

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by coastinj coastinj Profile at 7/17/13 9:20:58 AM
Last coaster: Phantoms Revenge Kennywood May 28th

Next: hopefully Wild Eagle Dollywood next weekend. If not that I'm not sure what it'll be. I'd love to get to SFFt or SFOT

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by gvlaker27 gvlaker27 Profile at 7/17/13 5:00:21 PM
Last: Magnum, August 2012
Next: Millennium Force, Shivering Timbers, or Beast depending on how the next few weekends pan out.
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 7/21/13 2:02:53 AM
Last: Skyrush (and I hope to make that one my last coaster of the season this fall as well and have a long marathon on it!)
Next: No idea on which coaster it will be, but I do know that it will be one of the ones at Mt. Olympus in Wisconsin, as that will be the next park I hit the first weekend of August. On that same trip I will be hitting Nickelodeon Universe in the Mall of America and also Valleyfair.
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 7/21/13 2:50:45 AM
Last: Dare Devil Dive (9/22/12)

Next: I'm gonna try to hit up some Penn parks most likely around August - September (particularly Lakemont, Hershey, Dorney and Knoebels). Could it be Flying Turns? who knows!! LOL

* This post was modified at 7/21/13 2:53:22 AM *

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/21/13 5:20:38 PM
GoYanks34 said:

Last: Skull Mountain (would have been Nitro if they weren't only running one train with a line back to the switchbacks!)

Next: ? Either something at SFGadv (probably KK, ET or Nitro) or one of the Knoebels woodies since I'm planning on making a trip soon. I would have been at SFGadv today after I went to Hurricane Harbor if I wasn't melting while in the water. NO WAY was I going to the park today - that heat was brutal!

Jen

I was wrong - it was Medusa (Bizarro)and it was an awesome ride with 2 great "wees"! :-)

Last was Nitro near sunset as it should be!

Jen

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Kumba2013 at 7/21/13 5:48:26 PM
Last: American Thunder at Six Flags St. Louis

Next: Probably, Screamin Eagle at Six Flags St. Louis

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by alpengeistno3 at 7/21/13 6:00:57 PM
Last was Verbolten (was supposed to be Apollo, but most of you have read the circumstances regarding that from my TR)

Next- most likely Dominator, unless KD has another bad day tomorrow.

Paul

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by antikythera antikythera Profile at 7/21/13 10:36:53 PM
Last Coaster: Mind Eraser, against my better judgement (took my girlfriend's sister to SFA since she wanted to go and ride everything).

Next Coaster: Hopefully something at Morey's Piers and/or Great Adventure in two weeks.

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by NotSo NotSo Profile at 7/21/13 11:28:37 PM
Dragster 3 times in 30 minutes, Weds night plat pass night...

Next - prolly Gatekeeper for the 50th time this year.. front seat only..

* This post was modified at 7/21/13 11:29:44 PM *

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/21/13 11:51:20 PM
Last: 'Ice' dragon at Universal Islands of adventure. still disappointed with the no more dueling part.(first time at the park since that change happened)

Next: hopefully Storm runner or Fahrenheit at Hershey or maybe the Cyclone at Coney island.

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by ktujon ktujon Profile at 7/22/13 12:06:46 AM
Last: Nitro
Next: Nitro followed by Skyrush when I stop by Hershey on the way home hehe
Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/22/13 12:09:43 AM
ktujon said:

Last: Nitro
Next: Nitro followed by Skyrush when I stop by Hershey on the way home hehe

When are you going? I'll be there Thursday with a friend. We're doing the waterpark first then heading to Gadv later on if we're not exhausted/fried!

Jen

Re: Real Time Coaster Survey 2013 by Rollercoaster_freak220 Rollercoaster_freak220 Profile at 7/22/13 10:29:21 AM
The unhappy cloud of coasterlessness is lifting, and I'll be going to SFOG sometime next week! So, next coaster: likely S:UF.