Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Trip Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Rides and tickets.

Trip Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Rides and tickets.

dirty_sanchez

Posted:
7/10/13 at
12:34:16 PM

Next week I will be taking my family to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time in about 5 years. I will be spending Monday and Tuesday at the Park and Wednesday at Water Country USA. My daughter is a couple weeks away from being 3 years old so I assume she will not need a ticket to enter the park and ride. But I was hoping there was a way to save a little money on the $80 flex tickets for my wife and I. I searched google but really didn’t find any discounts on the flex tickets. Are there any merchants in Williamsburg that offer discount tickets?

Also, I hear there is a new coaster for this year. Any other can’t miss rides, shops, restaraunts, etc that have come to the park since my last visit in 2006-07?

Re: Trip Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Rides and tickets. by PkD4Life PkD4Life Profile at 7/10/13 12:52:34 PM
dirty_sanchez said:

Next week I will be taking my family to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time in about 5 years. I will be spending Monday and Tuesday at the Park and Wednesday at Water Country USA. My daughter is a couple weeks away from being 3 years old so I assume she will not need a ticket to enter the park and ride. But I was hoping there was a way to save a little money on the $80 flex tickets for my wife and I. I searched google but really didn’t find any discounts on the flex tickets. Are there any merchants in Williamsburg that offer discount tickets?

Also, I hear there is a new coaster for this year. Any other can’t miss rides, shops, restaraunts, etc that have come to the park since my last visit in 2006-07?

As of the current pricing on the website they have tickets for 3 to 9 and 10 and up...if she is under 3 she shouldnt need a ticket.as far as discount tickets I am not 100%. There may be some local places that are offering some but none that I am aware of but I do not believe you will find one for the flex ticket.

No new coaster this year...last year they opened Verbolten which was a great surprise for me. I wasnt expecting much but it is a very fun ride. In 2009 they opened the new Seasame Street area and opened Grover Express which is a nice kids ride. They have also opened Mach Tower which when open is decent enough. They did fix up the entire Germany section and made it look really good. Moved the scrambler over to New France I believe.

Lee

Re: Trip Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Rides and tickets. by antikythera antikythera Profile at 7/10/13 1:34:05 PM
If you're staying in Williamsburg at one of the area hotel/resorts, they sometimes provide discounts on tickets. Long before I started getting annual passes to the big parks, I utilized the resort's discount they had for tickets. It wasn't a major savings but it helped. The best bet would be to find someone who has an annual pass already. Passsholders can bring guests in for somewhat cheaper, but the caveat is that they have to be there with you so I doubt this would work in your case unless you know someone local.
Re: Trip Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Rides and tickets. by dirty_sanchez at 7/10/13 3:04:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn in Williamsburg. Not sure if they will offer any discounts or not. It won't bother me either way but figured I'd try to save a few bucks if possible. The flex tickets are $80 so between me and my wife that's only $160 for all 3 of us to go to the park for 2 days and water country for 1.

I've been so out of the loop with coasters the last several years I didn't realize they added a new one. I'll be sure to try it.

With the little one we probably wont be doing a lot of riding ourselves but I'm sure I'll be able to sneek off for a few minutes to catch each of the coasters. The last time I was at BGW Appolos chariot was a walk-on so hopefully the lines aren't too bad.

Re: Trip Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Rides and tickets. by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/11/13 1:36:04 AM
dirty_sanchez said:

Thanks for the info. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn in Williamsburg. Not sure if they will offer any discounts or not. It won't bother me either way but figured I'd try to save a few bucks if possible. The flex tickets are $80 so between me and my wife that's only $160 for all 3 of us to go to the park for 2 days and water country for 1.

I've been so out of the loop with coasters the last several years I didn't realize they added a new one. I'll be sure to try it.

With the little one we probably wont be doing a lot of riding ourselves but I'm sure I'll be able to sneek off for a few minutes to catch each of the coasters. The last time I was at BGW Appolos chariot was a walk-on so hopefully the lines aren't too bad.

The lines get get bad at this park but they manage them well.

Get on Griffon if you haven't. Eevery damn coaster at that park is worth a wait! Also, maybe get the riding in early at opening? That way you can spend the rest of the day with the little one and the wife!

hope you have a great trip, and yup, heard cool things about Verbolten.

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.