Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Filming at Lake Compounce

Filming at Lake Compounce

MABrider MABrider Profile

Posted:
7/8/13 at
8:33:12 AM

Saw the following today, Monday July 8th.
The blurb doesn't say WHICH Monday, today or next week.
Guessing today, since it would have been written at AP prior to the Globe's posting on its website.
Takes many months for the finished product to hit the theaters, of course. If it ever does...
----------------------------------------

Hollywood coming to local amusement park

A crew for a movie starring Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton plans to do some filming in Connecticut. Officials at Lake Compounce amusement park say scenes for Rob Reiner’s upcoming film ‘‘And So It Goes’’ will be shot at the park on Monday. Sara Frias, the park’s marketing director, said says Reiner chose the park as a location after looking at several theme parks in the area. The park will stay open during the filming.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/07/07/hollywood-coming-local-amusement-park/OGzGOr8AJ8CprK7ZE8xeEK/story.html?s_campaign=8315

Mike B.
Re: Filming at Lake Compounce by Coaster316 at 7/8/13 12:00:27 PM
Interesting. I would enjoy seeing something like that and seeing if I could sneak myself into the final cut somehow in the background. I would like to have gone just to watch whatever I could of filming from a distance.
Re: Filming at Lake Compounce by BarneyAmy BarneyAmy Profile at 7/11/13 3:05:57 AM
This is really very exciting and I hope I will be able to see the shooting and also the stars closely and also wish to get a chance to have some pictures with them.

used office furniture Tampa

Re: Filming at Lake Compounce by GoYanks34 GoYanks34 Profile at 7/11/13 4:06:53 AM
I saw this before on my Amusement Today e-mail. I hope it brings the much needed TLC that park desperately needs and they can get it back to good condition again.

Jen

Re: Filming at Lake Compounce by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/11/13 9:40:36 AM
GoYanks34 said:

I saw this before on my Amusement Today e-mail. I hope it brings the much needed TLC that park desperately needs and they can get it back to good condition again.

Jen

Wondering if you might be thinking of Conneaut Lake. Compounce is a very well kept park with one GREAT coaster and one at the other end of the spectrum..and the prettiest Boomerang I've ever seen.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...