Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Gold Striker Closed due to noise.

Gold Striker Closed due to noise.

CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile

Posted:
7/2/13 at
1:52:22 PM

Aparently the coaster opened under a temporary operating permit and Prudential *A neighboring building to the park* had final say weather noise levels were acceptable or not by June 30th.

The park plans to add more noise insulation and possibly more tunnels.

IMHO this has nothing to do with the amount of noise the ride creates but the RIDERS ON IT.

Put gags on riders and let er rip :) J/K

http://greatamericanthrills.net/2013/07/02/gold-striker-closed-temporarily-for-modifications/

* This post was modified at 7/2/13 11:03:55 PM *

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 7/2/13 2:48:31 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

Put gags on riders and let er rip :) J/K

Kinky.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 7/2/13 2:52:59 PM
^I was thinking the exact same thing.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by alpengeistno3 at 7/2/13 7:52:15 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

The park plans to add more noise insulation and possibly more tunnels.

Paging Chris. A dream come true. Better start working on that trip to CGA!!

Paul

Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 7/2/13 9:41:57 PM
^^^Haha. The more tunnels the better. :)

Regarding the gags, hopefully they won't have to change the name of the coaster to "S&M: The Ride" sponsored by Adam & Eve.

Or maybe for a more family friendly approach "Taylor Swift: the Ride". Riders will be forced to deploy Taylor's 'surprised look' while riding by clasping both hands over their mouth to prevent noise. LOL

Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/3/13 12:10:27 AM
lmao and smh... CF should've just sold the park land for parking spots for the 49ers or that firm that wanted that park when they had the chance. It'll never flourish when you have a neighborhood (a bunch of ingrates) that doesn't like the noise. Goldstriker would've been a huge improvement if they had built that at KD and demolishing Hurler....

IMO*^

* This post was modified at 7/3/13 12:13:44 AM *

Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by antikythera antikythera Profile at 7/3/13 9:48:30 AM
Reminds me of all the problems Luna Park, Sydney had with their second Big Dipper in the late 90's.

I remember reading somewhere that they had to relocate because of all the noise complaints they were getting from local residents.

http://rcdb.com/1141.htm

* This post was modified at 7/3/13 9:49:46 AM *

Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by PkD4Life PkD4Life Profile at 7/3/13 1:44:18 PM
It always amazes me when people live next to an amusement park then complain...or move into a new development that is near one. Its not like you didnt know it was there or what happens in these parks with the noise.
Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by drachen drachen Profile at 7/4/13 11:36:28 PM
According to Great America, the ride is now open again, sporting a new 70 foot tunnel mid-ride.
drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.87 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.57 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28%
Friend me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Gold Striker Closed due to noise. by JeffyJosephNCali at 7/6/13 9:27:37 AM
Cyclone_Phil said:

lmao and smh... CF should've just sold the park land for parking spots for the 49ers or that firm that wanted that park when they had the chance. It'll never flourish when you have a neighborhood (a bunch of ingrates) that doesn't like the noise. Goldstriker would've been a huge improvement if they had built that at KD and demolishing Hurler....

IMO*^

Actually the city owns the land, CF just leases the land from the city. Ironically it was the city that approved zoning to put the said offices on what used to be part of CGA's parking lot. It'll be interesting once the Stadium officially opens next year with 65,000+ screaming fans!

Speaking of Gold Striker, I've ridden it over 100 times already and it's a fantastic ride that's long overdue! After years of disappointment, I'm glad CGA is finally receiving the love it so desperately deserves. Looking forward to the future, despite some whiny real estate owners. :)