Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > If you could spend one day just riding....

If you could spend one day just riding....

Stredain Stredain Profile

Posted:
6/25/13 at
8:59:08 PM

..rollercoasters and going from park to park, would you?
I have a bet with someone that NO ONE has ridden all of the rollercoasters in the US. She thinks its not possible... what do you guys think? Has anyone done it here on URC?
Stredain

Re: If you could spend one day just riding.... by frontrow frontrow Profile at 6/25/13 9:40:16 PM
Just a few weeks ago I saw a Facebook post that some guy was only 42 coasters short of riding every coaster in the US. To me, that's pretty amazing.
Re: If you could spend one day just riding.... by antikythera antikythera Profile at 6/25/13 9:45:44 PM
I'm sure there is someone somewhere that is that dedicated and has that kind of money to spend. According to RCDB, if I used the search feature correctly, there are 651 roller coasters currently in operation.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&ex=1&st=93&pl=59&ot=2

Add in SBNO, In Storage or Under Construction and it jumps to 701.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&ex=1&pl=59&ot=2

So, if we're looking at what is theoretically ridable because it still exists, that'd be 701 coasters alone, across the continental U.S.

I won't even post what it jumps to when you add in defunct coasters. Let's just say you'd be spending your whole life riding every coaster, both defunct and existing, not just a day.

* This post was modified at 6/25/13 9:46:29 PM *

Re: If you could spend one day just riding.... by Stredain Stredain Profile at 6/25/13 10:34:32 PM
antikythera said:

I won't even post what it jumps to when you add in defunct coasters. Let's just say you'd be spending your whole life riding every coaster, both defunct and existing, not just a day.

Looks like I lost and owe someone a dinner at
Red Lobster plus 5.00 USD. It was worth a try
Thanks Anti! You rule!
Stredain
Re: If you could spend one day just riding.... by theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile at 6/26/13 6:29:01 AM
While I have no need to go to every small place with one kiddie coaster, I would like to go to every bigger park. By 2017, I plan to go to every Cedar Fair and Six Flags in North America and re-visit the "best" parks. I am looking at riding 400 coasters by that time. For me, that will be enough.
Re: If you could spend one day just riding.... by rush211243 at 6/26/13 11:29:36 AM
I just wanna get to certain parks and ride all the coasters there. Outlaw run is calling my name to Silver Dollar City, plus it still looks to have great themed attractions! But besides cedar fair and six flags I wish to visit the worth while parks, such as Holiday World, Lagoon etc. I believe I've ridden plenty already but just want to ride more and more that I love again!
I've done a quick researched count and I think I've ridden 95 total rc's, gotta ride five different ones to get 100!! Cedar point would make two or three more. Shoot, guess I'm getting to Silver Dollar city soon afterall. :D
Re: If you could spend one day just riding.... by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 7/1/13 11:37:27 AM
It's most certainly possible to ride all operating ones in the U.S. I'm at...157? If I had the money and time (the lottery anyone?) I think I'd just like to go to as many parks as possible that I had interest in.

As far as like ever hitting a certain number? I never thought about that, but it'd be cool to have ridden 500 when all is said and done. I don't think I will EVER hit that number, and it really doesn't matter. Quality > quantity :)

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv