Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > White Lightning

White Lightning

theRock-steel theRock-steel Profile

Posted:
6/23/13 at
6:43:58 PM

With so many people visiting the Florida parks, it's kind of funny that I haven't heard more about what they think about the new rides at Fun Spot America.
(As far as the whole park goes, I don't think that we can go wrong with free parking, FOUR go-karts, and unlimited drinks ! )
Freedom Flyer is ok, but I really liked White Lightning. I do think that Great Coasters International makes the best woodens, and this "family" one is no exception. It's short but it packs a lot of crazyness in that small package.
What great airtime !

* This post was modified at 6/23/13 6:46:35 PM *

Re: White Lightning by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 6/23/13 7:55:36 PM
Yeah, and double-up and a double-down...sounds like fun to me!

- Pat-O

Re: White Lightning by coasters4life at 6/28/13 1:26:48 PM
Kudos to Fun Spot and GCI for this ride. I knew it was a GCI and it rode like a GCI, fast and relentless. There was one bonus though that makes this different than its other creations, the air time.

The double up/double down element provides nice floating sensation but then the forces pull you down as the train travels away on the bottom of the double down. Very neat part of White Lightning.

Throughout its track, the Flyers are just non-stop. The train just so agile and fast yet it rides very smooth. The dive on the final right banked turn heading into the break run is blast as its speed is still in beast-mode. Once again, it's the Millenium Flyers that make this ride. Those trains are truly amazing.

I liked WL a lot. The best part is when you hit the top of its lift hill, you are reminded where you are at with the Universal's IOA skyline in view. You then realize though once you zip though its first series of hills that you are on something completely different in Orlando.

That's what makes Fun Spot and White Lightning great. There's nothing like it in a town dominated $95 one day passes. Fun Spot is a nice place to break things up while in Orlando and White Lightning is no joke. It's just another great GCI creation.

BTW...i've been around, but aging, having kids and all take up some time. Always will be a fan of amusement parks as I get older. The sad part is that I just don't have the time to travel to parks these days.

Took countless pictures of WL. When I have time, I'll post some of them on the board.

Re: White Lightning by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/28/13 5:41:24 PM
coasters4life said:

BTW...i've been around, but aging, having kids and all take up some time. Always will be a fan of amusement parks as I get older. The sad part is that I just don't have the time to travel to parks these days.

Aging, kids?
Hah, been there done that!
:-)

Mitch, you should give a shout out at that "other" forum, it's been 3.5 years!
Folks would like to know about... your White Lightning experience.
;-)

Mike B.
Re: White Lightning by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/29/13 2:19:26 AM
Good to hear nice things about White Lightning. I gotta get down there and ride it one of these days, esp since it's not all that far away from me.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.