Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > NYC-Area Amusement Park Round-Up..NY Daily News

NYC-Area Amusement Park Round-Up..NY Daily News

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
6/23/13 at
11:16:47 AM

While I can appreciate major newspapers devoting space to the places we love, I hate when there's glaring errors that could easily be avoided with some research. I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but these were pretty obvious to me.

Let's play "Spot The Mistake." I'll start, with the first of at least three:

Seabreeze's Jackrabbit is a pretty distant second (at best) to Leap The Dips as the oldest roller coaster. they might be able to qualify that designation because of the years LTD was SBNO, but they can't hide the fact that the Dips is the OLDEST.

Find the others!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/best-amusement-parks-article-1.1372787

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: NYC-Area Amusement Park Round-Up..NY Daily News by LoneStar LoneStar Profile at 6/23/13 8:01:21 PM
Ride of steel - tallest coaster east of the Mississippi...ummmm.....

The other mistake...not sure, does Sky Screamer really spin at 40 mph?

- Pat-O

Re: NYC-Area Amusement Park Round-Up..NY Daily News by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 6/24/13 6:10:16 AM
It seems like the bigger the city, the more misinformed their media is for some reason.

The only thing I can think of is when they said "Brooklyn's world's famous boardwalk already boasts the Cyclone rollercoaster and Luna Park and now it's adding Big Mark's to the mix". Then they mistakenly referred to the Scream Zone instead of Big Mark's Action Park. BTW, the Cyclone is in Luna Park; the way they said it like they are two different places.

Also the Dave Matthews Band being a 'sizzling act' can be disputed LOL JK

Re: NYC-Area Amusement Park Round-Up..NY Daily News by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/25/13 11:34:25 AM
Actually, I think the third error was in the PICTURE of SkyScreamer (I'm not sure how fast it spins.) The picture shows SkyScreamer, a Ferris Wheel that may or may not be the Big Wheel, and a piece of a roller coaster that is most certainly NOT at Great Adventure.
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...