Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Roller Coaster Parts?

Roller Coaster Parts?

IntimidatorRider

Posted:
6/17/13 at
7:28:14 AM

Does anyone know where you could get used coaster parts, like wheels and stuff?

Re: Roller Coaster Parts? by Katie Katie Profile at 6/18/13 8:13:16 AM
Most times parks have enthusiasts events that include an auction or giveaways to parts.

We have a wheel from Thunderhead, flags from Voyage, coaster nails, a piece of a torn down coaster which I will not mention, etc.

Holiday World does it at Holiwood Nights, just attend the events and bid.

Re: Roller Coaster Parts? by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 6/18/13 9:15:11 AM
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to contact the parks about it as well.
- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Roller Coaster Parts? by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 6/18/13 2:47:20 PM
I have gotten a few parts directly from some of the parks at little to no cost. However I was using them as part of a computers and safety presentation when I was a teacher, making it part of the curriculum and providing advertising and public thank yous to the parks that helped me out (some of them were very generous).

You can try contacting the parks, but I'm guessing that if you're just wanting it for you, you're probably not going to have much success. But if you're wanting the items for something else- a school project, presentation, or something bigger than you, then you will find some parks willing to help.

But keep in mind, not all are able to help, and not all can help the same way. Be very polite, friendly, and grateful for anything you get. And don't forget to give them publicity and a nice thank you letter for anything they send. And I do mean anything.

Re: Roller Coaster Parts? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/18/13 4:47:12 PM
I just happen to have a nylon wheel from the Galaxy coaster at IB, and it just so happens I saw an identical wheel last week at the ACE exhibit at Dollywood.

I'm pretty sure mine's still in the garage and I'm at the stage in my life where I need to get rid of most of what I've accumulated. If you plan to be at KI within the next month I could give it to you rather than throw it away.

Re: Roller Coaster Parts? by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 6/18/13 10:30:40 PM
RobLec said:

I just happen to have a nylon wheel from the Galaxy coaster at IB, and it just so happens I saw an identical wheel last week at the ACE exhibit at Dollywood.

I'm pretty sure mine's still in the garage and I'm at the stage in my life where I need to get rid of most of what I've accumulated. If you plan to be at KI within the next month I could give it to you rather than throw it away.

Wow, that's nice of you! Hope the OP sees your offer!

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Roller Coaster Parts? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 6/19/13 12:59:15 PM
mugen828 said:
Wow, that's nice of you! Hope the OP sees your offer!

Actually the offer is open to anyone who wants it... assuming can find it in our garage. This morning I spent an hour looking for camping gear... sleeping bags, tent etc, for one of our adult sons who wants to go camping this weekend. I found everything but the air mattresses... which I figure I can pick up at Walmart for $10-20. Honestly, after 30 years in one house, we have so much junk it takes an hour or two to find anything.