Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6

TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6

MABrider MABrider Profile

Posted:
6/10/13 at
9:08:33 PM

I suppose this should be a CR (Coaster Report) rather than a TR...

In my usual (simple minded) way of reporting what I experienced as to coasters, here goes for Worlds of Fun, Thursday June 6.
--------------------

Weather was fantastic, mid-70s, no humidity.
Crowds? What crowds?

I started with Prowler. Winner! I might even say, if you were to ask, that I liked riding this woodie more than riding Outlaw Run. OK, you didn't ask.
I finished the day on Prowler as well; all told probably took a dozen rides, all over the train.
Toward front won me over.
In the morning it was walk on.
In late afternoon, it was walk on. A puzzling, but good thing.

Boomerang was...a good one of those. Looks real nice in its location.
One ride, last row.

Timber Wolf was a nice surprise, I expected it to be rougher. I only took one ride, just never made it back to it for some strange reason.
Nice long ride, nothing special, but since I expected it to be rougher I was somewhat pleasantly surprised. I noticed some new wood, even on station railings and stairs. I sat next to last row.

Patriot. What a fun B&Mer. This had some unique-to-me elements and/or positioning of same. Lots of fun.
Rode last row, front and second last. Per usual, back is best for me.

Mamba. I knew this was a different layout, yet the "same" coaster as Dorney's Steel Force. But Mamba is oh so much better.
Rode in last row, front and row three.

I didn't ride Spinning Dragons. They don't have a single rider line like SFNE has for Pandemonium, and since it is the same ride and the regular line was the only place I could say was crowded (long line), I skipped it. I also did not even try the kiddie Cosmic Coaster, I mean, c'mon, it's a Wacky Worm.

I rode the train, the S&S tower (both of its towers are "shots") and the "regular" ferris wheel (which provided great views of Patriot in action).

WoF surprised me. There were many more trees and shade than I expected. The ride ops and employees were all very capable and friendly. I liked the park much more than I thought I would.
And these three things surprised me the most, in a good way: Prowler, Patriot and Mamba.

Mike B.
Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by frontrow frontrow Profile at 6/11/13 7:11:59 AM
Nice report. I totally agree with everything you wrote. Prowler is in my top 5 favorite wooden coasters, and my favorite by GCI. Prowler is just an excellent ride from start to finish. It's my daughter's favorite wooden coaster. We were lucky that it rained hard the night before. In the morning the track was still wet, which provided us with really great rides. I actually perfered the back seat on Prowler.

I also liked Patriot. It was really smooth and had a nice layout. I had to sit in row 4 or 5, that's where the big boy seat was. I would have loved a front row ride. My kids did ride the front, and really liked it.

The first time I rode Timber Wolf was in 2001. Back then it was really smooth. Last year we rode the front seat, and it has gotten a bit jerky, but still very rideable. The layout is great. I also prefer Mamba over Steel Force. Mamba's turn around is just awesome.

I'm glad you liked Worlds of Fun and had very short lines. The 2 times that I've been there the crowds have been very small. I don't think I ever waited more than 10 minutes for anything.Like you said, the park is really nice, very underrated IMO. It's a little different and unique from other parks, especially the ones in the Cedar Fair chain. Reading your report makes me want to revisit.

Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 6/11/13 10:42:13 AM
Park reminded me of SFSTL in the fact that its the Anti Six Flags setting and WOF is the ANTI Cedar Fair.

WOF was themed to Around the world in 80 days and each area was a different world section and theme..

Mamba I liked but not as much as Steel Force. I mean I loved it and the turn around was better but the midcourse was on ultra hard on my visit. My Brother Rob has been there since and said it was much better that visit.

I never rode Patriot or Prowler as they were not there. But Rob Loved Prowler and said PATRIOT was BORING & MEANINGLESS. Of course that was my opinion of Talon on my first visit but I've since come to love Talon!.

* This post was modified at 6/11/13 10:47:44 AM *

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/11/13 8:35:24 PM
"MEANINGLESS.."

What an odd word to describe a roller coaster.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 6/12/13 1:26:18 AM
beastmaster said:

"MEANINGLESS.."

What an odd word to describe a roller coaster.

OK, NITRO, Same thing! Ducking now.

Charles Nungester 323 coasters and holding for two years now LOL Last coaster ride. HWN 2011
Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by MABrider MABrider Profile at 6/12/13 1:01:07 PM
CoasterFanatic said:

Mamba I liked but not as much as Steel Force. I mean I loved it and the turn around was better but the midcourse was on ultra hard on my visit. My Brother Rob has been there since and said it was much better that visit.

Hey Chuck,

Others have also commented to me about Mamba's trims.
But I didn't notice any.

Mike B.
Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 6/12/13 1:22:33 PM
MABrider said:

CoasterFanatic said:

Hey Chuck,

Others have also commented to me about Mamba's trims.
But I didn't notice any.

I thought the steep helix was cool and the footers at the bottom made for some great hand choppers. Mambas Midcourse is right after it so if they are on hard it kills all the bunnys. Love them big Morgan Trains, Like riding in a caddy.

Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 6/12/13 8:09:14 PM
"Mambas Midcourse is right after it so if they are on hard it kills all the bunnys"

Don't let Jen see this.

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by CoasterFanatic CoasterFanatic Profile at 6/12/13 11:11:15 PM
beastmaster said:

"Mambas Midcourse is right after it so if they are on hard it kills all the bunnys"

Don't let Jen see this.

lol

Re: TR: Worlds of Fun, Thursday, June 6 by MommaBeast MommaBeast Profile at 6/15/13 9:16:18 PM
I absolutely loved Worlds of Fun ... and Mamba! Glad you enjoyed yourself ... great Trip/Coaster report :)

~MommaBeast