Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Insane coaster wars season2

Insane coaster wars season2

Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile

Posted:
6/9/13 at
8:45:10 PM

Just a reminder that it is starting right now at 8:30pm eastern. Will re-air at 3:30am.
Likely the same time slot for the rest of the run on Sundays.

Tonight's category 'speed'. Much like last year, a pathetic excuse to lump coasters that have nothing in common into an episode.

Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by antikythera antikythera Profile at 6/10/13 12:25:19 PM
Totally missed it, as well as the replay. Do you know if they will be re-airing it this week?

I'm not too thrilled to see you-know-who as the host again but I'm willing to sit through the rabble to see some of the aerial shots they took of the coasters, e.g. Superman at SFA.

Might have to go back and watch the first season, now that I've ridden many of the rides they showcased (I refused to watch any POVs and/or ride footage of Millennium Force until I went to Cedar Point for the first time).

Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 6/10/13 2:29:24 PM
It should show up again next Sunday maybe before or after the next new episode, as they usually re-run last week's episode before they show the new one. You know who wasn't even on this first episode, so you needn't worry about that.

I'm looking forward to seeing the one with Batwing at SFA and the one with I-305, as I attended the filming of both of those. I wasn't one of the 2 paid actors they had for each coaster but I may show up somewhere one one of those coasters.

Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by antikythera antikythera Profile at 6/10/13 3:43:26 PM
I'm surprised they chose Batwing as a candidate to be shot. I love having my homepark be featured (even with its shortcomings), but it seems odd to me as Batwing is nothing special. Do you know what episode it will be featured in?
Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by alpengeistno3 at 6/10/13 4:28:58 PM
antikythera said:

I'm surprised they chose Batwing as a candidate to be shot. I love having my homepark be featured (even with its shortcomings), but it seems odd to me as Batwing is nothing special. Do you know what episode it will be featured in?

On the contrary, Batwing is quite special as the only Vekoma flyer still in its original location (and still using all the original equipment for lowering the seats.) When the ride 1st opened, there were some astronauts from nearby NASA Goddard invited to ride the ride, so I am sure something will be mentioned about that.

Paul

PS
I was in the back row of Batwing and they filmed us saying "Travel Moves Me" as the seats reclined, so maybe something will come up from that eventually.

Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 6/10/13 6:57:55 PM
antikythera said:

Totally missed it, as well as the replay. Do you know if they will be re-airing it this week?


I'm not too thrilled to see you-know-who as the host again but I'm willing to sit through the rabble to see some of the aerial shots they took of the coasters, e.g. Superman at SFA.

Might have to go back and watch the first season, now that I've ridden many of the rides they showcased (I refused to watch any POVs and/or ride footage of Millennium Force until I went to Cedar Point for the first time).

Seems like saturday June 15th at 3pm. Also with a mini marathon from the first season. Doesn't seem like this year they will air the previous week along with the new ep.

Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by alpengeistno3 at 6/10/13 8:30:47 PM
Cyclone_Phil said:

Seems like saturday June 15th at 3pm. Also with a mini marathon from the first season. Doesn't seem like this year they will air the previous week along with the new ep.

Travel channel reruns these shows ad nauseum. They may not rerun it now, but once Extreme Water Parks and the Bret Michaels show has made their run of new episodes, it will be on either Saturday or late another night of the week.

Paul

Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by antikythera antikythera Profile at 6/10/13 10:16:37 PM
alpengeistno3 said:

On the contrary, Batwing is quite special as the only Vekoma flyer still in its original location (and still using all the original equipment for lowering the seats.) When the ride 1st opened, there were some astronauts from nearby NASA Goddard invited to ride the ride, so I am sure something will be mentioned about that.

Paul

PS
I was in the back row of Batwing and they filmed us saying "Travel Moves Me" as the seats reclined, so maybe something will come up from that eventually.

Interesting... I don't know how I feel that they are still using the original equipment. The seats got stuck in the reclining position when we came back into the station the last time I was there. Was stuck staring at the station roof for about fifteen minutes after closing. The guy had to manually get us out. I know that's not the first time and it seems like everytime I'm there, Batwing is down for some kind of malfunction and/or maintenance. :/

Re: Insane coaster wars season2 by alpengeistno3 at 6/11/13 4:25:17 PM
antikythera said:

Interesting... I don't know how I feel that they are still using the original equipment. The seats got stuck in the reclining position when we came back into the station the last time I was there. Was stuck staring at the station roof for about fifteen minutes after closing. The guy had to manually get us out. I know that's not the first time and it seems like everytime I'm there, Batwing is down for some kind of malfunction and/or maintenance. :/

That's what makes it "special", lol!! (but, I bet Six Flags won't let them show that part on TV :)

Paul

* This post was modified at 6/11/13 4:26:13 PM *